fantomas1

[pre-release] macOS Mojave

2,463 posts in this topic

Hi.

I realised just now that my display is being detected as a projected screen and not as the laptop display it self.

Pic attached, Only problem in graphics acceleration.

Any guesses as to why its detected as a second attached and not laptop inbuilt display. Using the same dsdt setup as high Sierra.Grab app hung up and can't seem save screen capture as it crashes. Hence the pic.

Macq

IMG_20180610_154100.thumb.jpg.37b3b6c3252e7e4213b5aa8fef5d6f32.jpg

Advertisement
38 minutes ago, macq said:

Hi.

I realised just now that my display is being detected as a projected screen and not as the laptop display it self.

Pic attached, Only problem in graphics acceleration.

Any guesses as to why its detected as a second attached and not laptop inbuilt display. Using the same dsdt setup as high Sierra.Grab app hung up and can't seem save screen capture as it crashes. Hence the pic.

My desktop says the same thing until i install nvidia drivers, not sure how it would work for your situation though.

12 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

My desktop says the same thing until i install nvidia drivers, not sure how it would work for your situation though.

@SavageAUS

May be newer kext needed.

8 hours ago, Dragster27 said:

Any specific smbios recommended for this hardware? Haswell/Intel HD4600/Intel Core i7...

Thanks!

MacBook Pro 11,2 ^_^

Update done without trouble on my Nuc5 (i5 HD5500).

No digital audio though ( DP or HDMI ) even if IGPU is accelerated ... did anyone notice this ?

Edited by sebinouse

AppleHDA & AppleALC worked this IDS I test with SSDT.

Device (_SB.PCI0.HDEF)
    {
        Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)  // _ADR: Address
        Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)  // _DSM: Device-Specific Method
        {
            If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero))
            {
                Return (Buffer (One)
                {
                     0x03                                           
                })
            }

Store (Package (0x18)
                {
                    "alc-layout-id", 
                    Buffer (0x04)
                    {
                         0x05, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00                         
                    }, 

"layout-id", 
                    Buffer (0x04)
                    {
                         0x05, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00                         
                    }, 

"MaximumBootBeepVolume", 
                    Buffer (One)
                    {
                         0xEF                                           
                    }, 

"MaximumBootBeepVolumeAlt", 
                    Buffer (One)
                    {
                         0xF1                                           
                    }, 

"multiEQDevicePresence", 
                    Buffer (0x04)
                    {
                         0x0C, 0x00, 0x01, 0x00                         
                    }, 

"AAPL,slot-name", 
                    Buffer (0x09)
                    {
                        "Built In"
                    }, 

"model", 
                    Buffer (0x32)
                    {
                        "Intel C610/X99 Series Chipset HD Audio Controller"
                    }, 

"hda-gfx", 
                    Buffer (0x0A)
                    {
                        "onboard-1"
                    }, 

"built-in", 
                    Buffer (0x05)
                    {
                        "0x00"
                    }, 

"device_type", 
                    Buffer (0x16)
                    {
                        "High Definition Audio"
                    }, 

"name", 
                    Buffer (0x10)
                    {
                        "Creative CA0132"
                    }, 

"PinConfigurations", 
                    Buffer (0x05)
                    {
                        "0x00"
                    }
                }, Local0)
            DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
            Return (Local0)
        }
    }

Name (_SB.PCI0.ALZA._STA, Zero)  // _STA: Status

Screen Shot 2018-06-10 at 9.58.53 a.m..png

Screen Shot 2018-06-10 at 9.41.44 a.m..png

19 hours ago, Dragster27 said:

2018-06-09 17:56:42+00 iMac OSInstaller[593]: Found automation hint cookie. Will use URL: x-osproduct://D32B9D0D-A639-359E-87E4-E761850C9A8A/OS%20X%20Install%20Data

2018-06-09 17:56:42+00 iMac OSInstaller[593]: Failed to locate product at /Volumes/El Capitan/OS X Install Data

2018-06-09 17:56:42+00 iMac OSInstaller[593]: Mutable product: Looking for automation file at (null)
2018-06-09 17:56:42+00 iMac OSInstaller[593]: No file at (null)

2018-06-09 17:56:42+00 iMac OSInstaller[593]: No mutable product found
2018-06-09 17:56:42+00 iMac OSInstaller[593]: Install will not be automated, automation is required to proceed.

You should use "Install macOS 10.14 Beta.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia" to make installer, and boot installer to install Mojave.

Do not put .IAProductInfo by yourself.

I have the same problem of Dragster27 but I'm not expert so can you explain how to make installer using "Install macOS 10.14 Beta.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia"  (Terminal script ?)

Thank you

mojave.jpg

1 minute ago, sormy said:
  19 hours ago, Dragster27 said:

2018-06-09 17:56:42+00 iMac OSInstaller[593]: Found automation hint cookie. Will use URL: x-osproduct://D32B9D0D-A639-359E-87E4-E761850C9A8A/OS%20X%20Install%20Data

2018-06-09 17:56:42+00 iMac OSInstaller[593]: Failed to locate product at /Volumes/El Capitan/OS X Install Data

2018-06-09 17:56:42+00 iMac OSInstaller[593]: Mutable product: Looking for automation file at (null)
2018-06-09 17:56:42+00 iMac OSInstaller[593]: No file at (null)

2018-06-09 17:56:42+00 iMac OSInstaller[593]: No mutable product found
2018-06-09 17:56:42+00 iMac OSInstaller[593]: Install will not be automated, automation is required to proceed.

You should use "Install macOS 10.14 Beta.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia" to make installer, and boot installer to install Mojave.

I have the same problem of Dragster27 but I'm not expert so can you explain how to make installer using "Install macOS 10.14 Beta.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia"  (Terminal script ?)

Thank you

mojave.jpg

Like this:

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ 10.14\ beta.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --nointeraction

Just remember /Volumes/USB is whatever you named your USB drive. Make sure to format it prior.

12 hours ago, dzontra said:

It doesnt work in Dark Mode. Switch back to normal mode and it will work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bingo! Thanks dzontra, that did it for me. :)

13 hours ago, crazybirdy said:

This is so weird... I used Install macOS 10.14 Beta.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia to create the installer USB. Booted off it and then I installed the OS in the external USB disk drive. I rebooted again, using my usual clover installation in the "El Capitan" volume... booted off the external USB drive and it keeps failing with the same error... I really don't know why it's still looking for the resource files in the "El Capitan" volume... can't get it to install yet... 

33 minutes ago, Dragster27 said:

This is so weird... I used Install macOS 10.14 Beta.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia to create the installer USB. Booted off it and then I installed the OS in the external USB disk drive. I rebooted again, using my usual clover installation in the "El Capitan" volume... booted off the external USB drive and it keeps failing with the same error... I really don't know why it's still looking for the resource files in the "El Capitan" volume... can't get it to install yet... 

The error come from "El Capitan" volume.

You have more than one /Volumes/XXXXX/.IAProductInfo

You should remove all other /Volumes/XXXXX/.IAProductInfo, keep only the external USB drive with /Volumes/USB/.IAProductInfo and /Volumes/USB/macOS Install Data/

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE;\killall Finder

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles FALSE;\killall Finder

use the terminal commands to view and remove /Volumes/El Capitan/.IAProductInfo and /Volumes/El Capitan/OS X Install Data/

and you need to boot the external USB drive with /Volumes/USB/macOS Install Data/ to finish installation.

Edited by crazybirdy

@Pavo @Sherlocks @PMheart

EIST Performance fix by @PMheart 10.14 Haswell 

I aim looking value for Haswell-E

Find

C1E30848 63D389D0 48C1EA20 B9990100 000F3048 FF057348 73004883 C4085B5D C30F1F40 00

Replace

?

11 hours ago, sormy said:

Thank you

Show as above as Pavo's post.

And you can check the install log from installation screen top menu, you will see the error come from.

/Volumes/1014/macOS Install Data/ia.log

Edited by crazybirdy

On 6/6/2018 at 4:07 AM, Allan said:

Only for Safari...:cry:

I use AdGuard which works on Safari, FireFox and Chrome.

Hi guys,

I've been away for few days and I missed so much :D

but finally macOS Mojave is ON!

553056543_ScreenShot2018-06-10at7_31_30PM.png.529a4e5a7a8713e42b43ed12b24903c8.png

My TP-Link WDN4800 wasn't working and I copied the AirPortAtheros40.kext from macOS High Sierra inside /System/Library/Extensions and it's working if anyone is interested.

I changed the layout ID for my ALC1150 in the DSDT from 0x01 to 0x02 and audio is also working.

Cheers!

I use AdGuard which works on Safari, FireFox and Chrome.

Hi guys,

I've been away for few days and I missed so much
but finally macOS Mojave is ON!
553056543_ScreenShot2018-06-10at7_31_30PM.png.529a4e5a7a8713e42b43ed12b24903c8.png

My TP-Link WDN4800 wasn't working and I copied the AirPortAtheros40.kext from macOS High Sierra inside /System/Library/Extensions and it's working if anyone is interested.
I changed the layout ID for my ALC1150 in the DSDT from 0x01 to 0x02 and audio is also working.

Cheers!

I had to do the same thing for WiFi, but I didn't need to change audio layout, just updated AppleALC.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

I had to do the same thing for WiFi, but I didn't need to change audio layout, just updated AppleALC.

Mine was set to 1 in config.plist and I removed it but it wasn't working, I was using the AppleALC 1.2.4 so I figured to change the layout-id in the DSDT.

For the WiFi as you already knew Apple has removed the AirPortAtheros40.kext from the IO80211Family.kext which is typical Apple move!

I have Audio Realtec ALC286 and AppleALC does not work.
I uploaded VoodoHDA and got a sound so I normally hear the radio stations over the browser.
When I import the iTunes station's URL, I do not get the sound.
Itunes shows that the station and the song are playing, but there is no sound.

24 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

Mine was set to 1 in config.plist and I removed it but it wasn't working, I was using the AppleALC 1.2.4 so I figured to change the layout-id in the DSDT.

For the WiFi as you already knew Apple has removed the AirPortAtheros40.kext from the IO80211Family.kext which is typical Apple move!

Hey Cyberdevs ^_^,

Do you confirm that AppleALC 1.2.4 is working with Mojave using only another layout-id instead of that one was working on previous OS build?

15 minutes ago, ammoune78 said:

Hey Cyberdevs ^_^,

Do you confirm that AppleALC 1.2.4 is working with Mojave using only another layout-id instead of that one was working on previous OS build?

Hi :)

Yes I confirm that it is working on my ALC1150 audio codec only by changing the layout-id in DSDT, I aslo removed all the audio related injections in the config.plist. with -alcbeta -lilubetaall flags.

Screen Shot 2018-06-10 at 8.38.48 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-06-10 at 8.41.19 PM.png

6 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

Hi :)

Yes I confirm that it is working on my ALC1150 audio codec only by changing the layout-id in DSDT, I aslo removed all the audio related injections in the config.plist. with -alcbeta -lilubetaall flags.

Screen Shot 2018-06-10 at 8.38.48 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-06-10 at 8.41.19 PM.png

All you need is -lilubetaall, this flag alone enables lilu + all plugins to work on non-supported OSes.

Edited by Pavo

8 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

I aslo removed all the audio related injections in the config.plist. with -alcbeta -lilubetaall flags.

So you didn't either used the -alcbeta -lilubetaall?