fantomas1

[pre-release] macOS Mojave

2,463 posts in this topic

Advertisement
6 hours ago, abdouoi said:

@wern apfel I've modified my DSDT as follow but it still doesn't work. Here are the modifications I've done

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)  // _DSM: Device-Specific Method
            {
                If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero))
                {
                    Return (Buffer (One)
                    {
                         0x03                                           
                    })
                }

Return (Package (0x08)
                {
                    "alc-layout-id", 
                    Buffer (0x04)
                    {
                         0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00                         
                    }, 

"apple-layout-id", 
                    Buffer (0x04)
                    {
                         0x02, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00                         
                    }, 

"hda-gfx", 
                    Buffer (0x0A)
                    {
                        "onboard-1"
                    }, 

"PinConfigurations", 
                    Buffer (Zero) {}
                })
            }

How do I set the layout-id with Clover Configurator ?

Oh, you've removed the layout-id entry.

The entries should be added as an addition, and only if it does not work.

Assuming your layout-id was previously set by the DSDT, use the old DSDT or the previously used config.plist and install the latest AppleALC 1.2.8 and Lilu. Add the -lilubetaall boot argument to the config.plist.

If it still does not work, your AppleALC does not include the latest changes. Try this one.

AppleALC.kext.zip

11 hours ago, nomadturk said:

Anybody try with a old system? like Q8300 + GTX 560 ti? After success install and booting for final step, System immediately restarting on gray screen. 

my to same...gt630 q8300

11 hours ago, nomadturk said:

Anybody try with a old system? like Q8300 + GTX 560 ti? After success install and booting for final step, System immediately restarting on gray screen. 

GTX560 is Fermi family not supported in 10.14 and poorly supported in 10.13.

10 minutes ago, rtvkris1 said:

my to same...gt630 q8300

Q8300 is not supporting SSE4.2. OS10.14 is not for you.

18 hours ago, Badruzeus said:

Good news is my GT 520M (Fermi GF119) works OOTB under macOS 10.14 Beta with native NVDA driver, with fully QE/CI enabled I think I'm just lucky with my 2nd Gen CPU that doesn't use IntelHD3000. :P

Mojave-A43SJ-GT520M.png

how are you disable intel hd 3000 and enable nvidia??

6 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

Has anyone else not got a network icon in top bar? 1772820852_ScreenShot2018-06-09at9_08_04pm.png.7cbf6a98758fb5a3c08f40f1d1cb2960.png

What kind of network? Ethernet? Modem? WiFi...? For Ethernet there is no setting built into the Network preferences. Modem and WiFi show up fine. :)

8 minutes ago, arsradu said:

What kind of network? Ethernet? Modem? WiFi...? For Ethernet there is no setting built into the Network preferences. Modem and WiFi show up fine. :)

The one that if clicked on would give you the drop down to choose which wifi to connect too. My desktop has both ethernet and wifi and internet is working, just no icon is displayed in the top menu bar.

EDIT: This icon.

Mac-best-menu-bar-extras.png.5712961a577e45c7ad08cb9eb01beec2.png

Edited by SavageAUS

8 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

The one that if clicked on would give you the drop down to choose which wifi to connect too. My desktop has both ethernet and wifi and internet is working, just no icon is displayed in the top menu bar.

Ok, so just to confirm, is it set to appear in the Network settings?

I'm talking about System Preferences -> Network -> Your WiFi network -> tick "Show Wi-Fi status in menu bar".

And, even with that checked, it's still not displayed? Cause if so, then it might be a bug. :)

Edited by arsradu

Just now, arsradu said:

Ok, so just to confirm, is it set to appear in the Network settings?

I'm talking about System Preferences -> Network -> Your WiFi network -> tick "Show Wi-Fi status in menu bar"?

But, even with that checked, it's still not displayed? Cause if so, then it might be a bug. :)

Well i feel a bit silly, My wifi card isnt showing up in network manager but it appears is DPCIManager

Screen Shot 2018-06-09 at 9.33.24 pm.png

Screen Shot 2018-06-09 at 9.33.50 pm.png

Screen Shot 2018-06-09 at 9.34.08 pm.png

Screen Shot 2018-06-09 at 9.35.13 pm.png

3 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

Well i feel a bit silly, My wifi card isnt showing up in network manager but it appears is DPCIManager

Yeah, well, it says no driver installed... (driver installed: No). And...since it doesn't show up in the network preferences, there's no checkbox to tick and display that status icon you were referring to, in the menu bar. :)

interesting that your actual WiFi internet connection works though....? Without a driver installed? :))) I want that too! Maybe I can have WiFi, too, without a WiFI card installed. That would be magical! :))

Edited by arsradu

Just now, arsradu said:

Yeah, well, it says no driver installed... (driver installed: No). And...since it doesn't show up in the network preferences, there's no checkbox to tick and display that status icon you were referring to, in the menu bar. :)

interesting that your actual WiFi works though....?

No the WiFi doesnt work, im using Ethernet. I wonder why WiFi isnt working, was native in 10.13. I have the TL-WDN4800

3 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

No the WiFi doesnt work, im using Ethernet. I wonder why WiFi isnt working, was native in 10.13. I have the TL-WDN4800

I see. Now it makes more sense. :)

Well, I'm thinking maybe they removed the support for that wifi card?

Same as for Audio, they removed certain layout IDs. Maybe, they also removed some kexts that made this card work, as well...

Would be pretty sad, but not totally unexpected, knowing Apple.

Anyway, since this is a first Beta, maybe....they bring the support for it in the future...? I mean, once can only hope. If not, as a friend of mine said: "that will be suck". :))

Edited by arsradu

11 minutes ago, arsradu said:

I see. No it makes more sense. :)

Well, I'm thinking maybe they removed the support for that wifi card?

Same as for Audio, they removed certain layout IDs. Maybe, they also removed some kexts that made this card work, as well...

Would be pretty sad, but not totally unexpected, knowing Apple.

Anyway, since this is a first Beta, maybe....they bring the support for it in the future...? I mean, once can only hope. If not, as a friend of mine said: "that will be suck". :))

Yeah it is only beta, maybe next release they will readd support for it. I do plan on getting one of those osxwifi adapters with wifi + bt.

Yup the AirPortAtheros40.kext is missing from /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext > Contents/Plugins

So i have copied it form High Sierra and rebuild permissions, will reboot and test.

Edit: Fixed.

846413771_ScreenShot2018-06-09at9_55_56pm.png.07761d38db750e0cf656c4cb0ec06f38.png

Edited by SavageAUS

@SavageAUS Just want to clear something for you, just DPCIManager only reads from IORegistry, just because it shows up in that app doesn't mean macOS is actually enabling it in the OS. IORegistry will have all components of your system regardless of drivers installed or not.

17 minutes ago, Pavo said:

@SavageAUS Just want to clear something for you, just DPCIManager only reads from IORegistry, just because it shows up in that app doesn't mean macOS is actually enabling it in the OS. IORegistry will have all components of your system regardless of drivers installed or not.

Yeah im more and more figuring things out :-)

On 6/5/2018 at 1:43 PM, PMheart said:

Seemingly there has not been a proper USB port limit patch? Here you go. :)

kext: com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI
find: 83 FB 0F 0F 83 09 05 00 00
repl: 83 FB 0F 90 90 90 90 90 90

1. It doesn't work for me. Am I doing something wrong??

1447011275_Screenshot2018-06-09at15_12_07.thumb.png.4f92c76cc5bc66a05432f5eb72c76ef3.png

On 6/8/2018 at 12:20 AM, Pavo said:

So.... we have found some interesting things with Clover UEFI drivers...... I only have apfs.efi, AptioMemoryFix.efi and HFS+.efi in my drivers64UEFI folder in Clover and can boot perfectly fine, so wtf are all the other drivers exactly for??????????

1568558501_Screenshot2018-06-09at15_08_24.png.fcaa7b6720c19d2644ecc77b61e45507.png

2. I guess we don't need HFS+.efi either lol. 

3. Surprised that my configuration works using SMBIOS 18,1.

909081337_Screenshot2018-06-09at15_17_30.png.b65d2fdcb1a9eb1ee07c619ccb9f762a.png

3 hours ago, wern apfel said:

Oh, you've removed the layout-id entry.

The entries should be added as an addition, and only if it does not work.

Assuming your layout-id was previously set by the DSDT, use the old DSDT or the previously used config.plist and install the latest AppleALC 1.2.8 and Lilu. Add the -lilubetaall boot argument to the config.plist.

If it still does not work, your AppleALC does not include the latest changes. Try this one.

AppleALC.kext.zip

@wern apfel I've tried all your suggestions but still no progress. Can you provide me a patched version please or do you have another solution?

2 hours ago, v-volodi said:

how are you disable intel hd 3000 and enable nvidia??

hi,,how to enable lpc

11 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

Apple removed AirPortAtheros40.kext (found inside IO80211Family.kext, supporting many Atheros Wifi cards) in 10.14beta.  Try replacing Mojave's IO80211Family.kext with v12.0 from High Sierra.  Don't forget to repair permissions and rebuild caches etc.

IO80211Family.kext.zip

17 hours ago, robi39 said:

OK, so I followed these steps, still same error, but I did save the installer, could you take a look and see what's going on please.

Installer Log 06-08-18.txt

As @crazybirdy recommended, check integrity of your installer by comparing SHA1 or MD5 of InstallESD.dmg & BaseSystem.dmg eg

fusion71aus-iMac:~ fusion71au$ shasum /Applications/Install\ macOS\ 10.14\ Beta.app/Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg 
9dc8c03aa8f045597b47895f1c3a8a130d0f3762 /Applications/Install macOS 10.14 Beta.app/Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg
fusion71aus-iMac:~ fusion71au$ shasum /Applications/Install\ macOS\ 10.14\ Beta.app/Contents/SharedSupport/BaseSystem.dmg 
2c1e606c61db68a552ace4efdb8aa946d33a7b4e /Applications/Install macOS 10.14 Beta.app/Contents/SharedSupport/BaseSystem.dmg

Edited by fusion71au

35 minutes ago, dzontra said:

1. It doesn't work for me. Am I doing something wrong??

1447011275_Screenshot2018-06-09at15_12_07.thumb.png.4f92c76cc5bc66a05432f5eb72c76ef3.png

1568558501_Screenshot2018-06-09at15_08_24.png.fcaa7b6720c19d2644ecc77b61e45507.png

2. I guess we don't need HFS+.efi either lol. 

3. Surprised that my configuration works using SMBIOS 18,1.

909081337_Screenshot2018-06-09at15_17_30.png.b65d2fdcb1a9eb1ee07c619ccb9f762a.png

Well HFS+.efi is needed for installer only because the installer still builds HFS+ RAM disk during the install phase.

43 minutes ago, abdouoi said:

@wern apfel I've tried all your suggestions but still no progress. Can you provide me a patched version please or do you have another solution?

Save and upload your ioreg.

2 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

The last Mac to use Atheros WiFi was iMac12,2, which is Sandy Bridge. Since Sandy Bridge support is dropped... you get the idea. 10.13.5's AirPortAtheros40 should work fine (for now).