arsradu

[HOW TO] Fix QuickLook and Preview loading issues in Mojave

320 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi

I found: a new Lilu plugin kext. "NoVPAJpeg Lilu plugin: Disables the hardware JPEG decoding feature of the AppleVPA framework that breaks Preview and Quicklook on some systems" Click here

If the IGPU cannot be configured, this Lilu plugin should fix preview with any SMBIOS, says the author of this plugin.

Test only on my Asus p8z77-v Pro, Core i7 3770K, Nvidia GT640. I don't have any other motherboards and CPU for more tests.

Results for Preview and Quicklook:

macmini7,1 SMBIOS

• IGPU primary/Nvidia GT640: plugins works
  • PCI-E primary/Nividia GT640: plugins works

Imac15,1 SMBIOS

• IGPU primary/Nvidia GT640: plugins works
  • PCI-E primary/Nividia GT640: plugins works

Imac13,1 SMBIOS: was working before 

is that mean with this kext we dont need to activate IGPU on BIOS? 

Advertisement
7 hours ago, ellaosx said:

The usual. place it where you have put lilu

I have Lilu in /Library/Extensions. As in the attached screenshot. Should I just copy+paste the 2 files in NoVPAJpeg ( those being Info.plist and kern_start.cpp ) next to the lilu.kext? Shouldn't I compile the plugin? If so, can you please guide me? Thanks!

Screenshot at Oct 01 21-59-47.png

26 minutes ago, xyboox said:

I have Lilu in /Library/Extensions. As in the attached screenshot. Should I just copy+paste the 2 files in NoVPAJpeg ( those being Info.plist and kern_start.cpp ) next to the lilu.kext? Shouldn't I compile the plugin? If so, can you please guide me? Thanks!

It's already compiled. You just need to click Releaseshttps://github.com/vulgo/NoVPAJpeg/releases 

Download. Unzip. Then you just copy-paste the NoVPAJpeg.kext alongside Lilu.kext (at the same location).

Edited by arsradu

Thank you so much for this post :) - was having issues with opening JPG & jpeg om my MacOS Mojave install - with intel 530 & RX 580 - I have disabled/given up on the intel 530 ... so just using the RX 580 and the  NoVPAJpeg kext - which I installed using Kext Utility. 

Thanks everyone for contributing to the Hackintosh community :) 

7 hours ago, undercover_neo said:

Thank you so much for this post :) - was having issues with opening JPG & jpeg om my MacOS Mojave install - with intel 530 & RX 580 - I have disabled/given up on the intel 530 ... so just using the RX 580 and the  NoVPAJpeg kext - which I installed using Kext Utility. 

Thanks everyone for contributing to the Hackintosh community :)

You're welcome. Glad to hear it's been useful for you, too. It's really great when people come here not just to request help, but also to thank for that help. It's a really beautiful and unique feeling of accomplishment when you know you've helped somebody. Wish more people would do that. :)

So I want to welcome you to this forum (I see this has been your first post). And thank you very much for your feedback.

Edited by arsradu

5 hours ago, BALDY_MAN said:

THANK YOU very much for developing the NOVPAJPEG Kext, as sorted out me open jpeg file too

thank again

All the credit for NOVPAJPEG.kext goes to vulgo :)

On 7/15/2018 at 11:18 PM, arsradu said:

For ATI GPUs (curtesy of @Cyberdevs' post here).

The discreet GPU should be set as primary in BIOS and your displays should be connected to your discreet GPU

The iGD/iGPU/iGFX must be enabled in BIOS/UEFI as the secondary GPU.

1. I removed the DSDT
  2. Reconfigured the config.plist to and removed some flags which weren't needed because of the DSDT
  3. added the InjectATI + Ornioco Framebuffer (I removed the Orinoco framebuffer because of some weird glitches but it might be useful for other AMD GPUs if you inject the correct framebuffer according to your GPU. No need to inject anything for nVidia GPUs unless your GPU needs it)
  4. Added the InjectIntel + ig-platform-id for my intel HD530 (for intel HD 530 I use the 0x19120001 ig-platform-id)
  5. Removed com.apple.finder.plist
  6. Removed com.apple.QuickLookDaemon.plist
  7. rebuild the kextcache and reset the nvram

I fixed preview by just enabling my Intel HD530 (ig-platform-id 0x19120000) + InjectATI + InjectIntel.

Steps 5 - 7 were not used.

Screen Shot 2018-10-09 at 10.09.44 pm.png

1 minute ago, SavageAUS said:

I fixed preview by just enabling my Intel HD530 (ig-platform-id 0x19120000) + InjectATI + InjectIntel.

Alright. Then I'd say it would be alright to remove them from the tutorial, as well. :) Thank you very much for the feedback. If there is anything else you would like to have changed/updated, please, let me know.

4 minutes ago, arsradu said:

Alright. Then I'd say it would be alright to remove them from the tutorial, as well. :) Thank you very much for the feedback. If there is anything else you would like to have changed/updated, please, let me know.

I will just add that if this is a common reoccurrence then i might move toward the kext solution NoVPAJpeg.kext, as i don't see the point of having an iGPU enabled with a dGPU just to fix one little problem that a simple kext can fix without causing other issues (i have not tested it).

Kudos to yourself @arsradu and @Cyberdevs for figuring this out.

Edited by SavageAUS

8 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

I am still using the same method since beta 1 but I dont use injectATI probably you dont need that too. Try without it. 

Edited by telepati

6 minutes ago, telepati said:

I am still using the same method since beta 1 but I dont use injectATI probably you dont need that too. Try without it. 

Confirmed, InjectATI not needed (for me at least).

Screen Shot 2018-10-09 at 10.23.34 pm.png

Edited by SavageAUS

I didn't try NoVPAJpeg.kext and thought to give a chance. I normally used @CyberDevs' method since Beta1;

I added NoVPAJpeg.kext and change BIOS to PEG as a primary after restart Preview and Quicklook worked. 

And two things start to work and I still don't believe it. Needs more test.

Netflix and iTunes DRM working now. Netflix never worked before and iTunes DRM just working when I download the media files but on HD movies extras never work until NoVPAJpeg.kext.

I will make more test for a couple of days then I will edit this post if it is still working. 

Edited by telepati

Ok, Guys, I thought maybe this is not the effect of NoVPAJpeg.kext and removed it. I start testing without it. After removed kext I use @Cyberdevs MacOptimizer Clean Cache and NVRAM then restart the machine. I don't understand what's going on but everything is still working. 

What's work now;

Quicklook all image type, (Not all)

Quicklook all video type,

Netflix

iTunes all DRM

Now I am not using any kexts and method from post 1 and everything works. is that mean we don't need actually any kext and method? I really don't get it. I just disable IGPU from BIOS and remove InjectIntel and ig-platform-id that's all. I am not using the beta version of OS never changed SMBIOS it always iMac17,1 with the same serial.

Please tell me what can I test more?

Edit: Ok finally found the hitch; 

Yes, NoVPAJpeg.kext need it for jpegs file without it jpegs never work. All other types of  files working (png, ai, psd, mp4, mov etc.) Thats mean we still need method and kext for jpegs. :hysterical:

Thank you all guys again. :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by telepati

For me, what worked was SMBIOS 18,3 and enabling the iGUP and selecting the Skylake ID.  I also use WhatEverGreen and Lilu, this allows all my DP ports that I need, I have 2 4K monitors at 60Hz.

Thanks to all those that tested and made this easy to resolve and follow

6 minutes ago, Donw35 said:

For me, what worked was SMBIOS 18,3 and enabling the iGUP and selecting the Skylake ID.  I also use WhatEverGreen and Lilu, this allows all my DP ports that I need, I have 2 4K monitors at 60Hz.

Thanks to all those that tested and made this easy to resolve and follow

It should work with no iGPU enabled if you use MacPro6,1 or iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS, as well. But I'm glad it works for you, too.

yeah, I am really not hung up on the right system feedback, call it whatever, as long as it works I am good

Thanks to all contributors to this topic. For anyone with a similar system, I only needed to change BIOS/SAG/Graphics Configuration/iGPU Multi-Monitor to [Enabled], all the rest remain at [Auto] and set Inject/Intel to [True] in Clover config.

Edited by gjw
duplicate signature

On 10/27/2018 at 7:09 PM, gjw said:

Thanks to all contributors to this topic. For anyone with a similar system, I only needed to change BIOS/SAG/Graphics Configuration/iGPU Multi-Monitor to [Enabled], all the rest remain at [Auto] and set Inject/Intel to [True] in Clover config.

Yeah, that works too.

I've added it to the main post, as well. Thanks for the tip.

Edited by arsradu

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By fusion71au
      Clover r5051 ISO compiled with GCC and minimal config.plist compatible for use in VMWare Workstation.

Tested with unlocked Workstation 15 running OSX 10.9 -->10.15 guest in Windows X64 host.

Installation
      1. Download and unzip "EFI_Clover_r5051 for VMware.zip". Mount Clover-v2.5k-5051-X64.iso by double clicking on it.
      2. Mount your VM's EFI System Partition eg in terminal
      sudo diskutil mount disk0s1   3. Copy EFI folder from step 1 into the EFI partition
      4. Shutdown the VM, add bios.bootDelay = "3000" to your VM's vmx file
      5. Reboot your VM, press <F2> to access the VMware Boot Manager and add CLOVERX64.efi to the boot menu.

Substitute your own unique and valid MLB and ROM variables in the /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist (Rt Variables section) to activate iMessage/Facetime on your VM.
    • By shinho73
      Hello everyone. I managed to install AMD Sierra V5(10.12.6) on my old AMD A8 7600 PC(Mother Board-A58M-E, GPU- Palit Geforce GT730 DDR3). Everything is working except the GPU. The GT730 DDR3 GF108 is natively supported on Sierra, but for some reason, it is not working. On Clover Config, "Inject Nvidia" is selected, no Nvidia Web, and nv_disable=1. On "About This Mac" it just says " NVIDIA Chip Model 3 MB".
      I have attached config.plist. Can someone look at it please? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you. 

config.plist
    • By headkaze
      Framebuffer patching in Mojave
      Binary patching framebuffers using KextsToPatch in Clover is no longer a viable method in Mojave for Skylake and above. Now you need to use Lilu + WhateverGreen.

Not just for Mojave
      This method of framebuffer patching is not only required for Mojave we recommend it for all previous and future releases of macOS.

Coffee Lake Users
      Please note that the new WhateverGreen will not work with fake Kaby Lake platform-id's. You will need to have either macOS 10.14 Beta 4 (18A336e) or macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G2112). The latter is a special build only available to MacBookPro15,1 or MacBookPro15,2 board id's. You can create a macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G2112) installer by running installinstallmacos.py. (Update: vit9696 added back ability to fake Kaby Lake platform-id's)

Lilu + WhateverGreen
      WhateverGreen is going to replace all the other video patching plugins for Lilu (it currently has merged WhateverGreen, IntelGraphicsFixup, NvidiaGraphicsFixup, Shiki and CoreDisplayFixup). Others will likely follow (such as AppleALC, HibernationFixup and IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup). This is aiming to be the all-in-one solution for video.

Preliminary
      1. Remove:
      - FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics
      - IntelGraphicsFixup
      - NvidiaGraphicsFixup
      - CoreDisplayFixup
      - Shiki
      2. Turn off all graphics injections in Clover:
      - config.plist/Graphics/Inject/ATI=NO
      - config.plist/Graphics/Inject/Intel=NO
      - config.plist/Graphics/Inject/NVidia=NO
      - config.plist/Graphics/ig-platform-id=
      - config.plist/Devices/FakeID/IntelGFX=

3. Disable DSDT Clover fixes:
      - AddHDMI
      - FixDisplay
      - FixIntelGfx
      - AddIMEI
      4. Disable UseIntelHDMI
      5. Remove boot argument: -disablegfxfirmware
      6. Remove any IGPU and HDMI entries from:
      - config.plist/Devices/Arbitrary
      - config.plist/Devices/Properties
      - config.plist/Devices/AddProperties
      7. Remove any IGPU and HDMI related SSDT and DSDT from:
      - CLOVER/ACPI/patched
      8. Renaming GFX0 -> IGPU
      - WhateverGreen will do this automatically (see caveat below)
      - Be aware that WhateverGreen does not rename all instances of GFX0 -> IGPU but should be okay in most cases
      - You may need to include Clover GFX0 -> IGPU rename for other kexts or ACPI patching that require it

Compile Lilu + WhateverGreen
      Download WhateverGreen. Make sure you place the debug version of Lilu into the root of WhateverGreen before you compile. Install Lilu and WhateverGreen kext's into the usual place. Compile WhateverGreen as debug if you want to view debug output.

Having trouble compiling?
      If you're having trouble compiling you can download the official release binaries or download my (unsupported) build_lilu.sh shell script and run it in a folder to download and build Lilu + WhateverGreen using Xcode automatically. I recommend you try the debug versions first (place them into Clover's EFI/Clover/kexts/Other folder).

Get the device path of your IGPU:
      Download and use the gfxutil tool like so:
      $ ./gfxutil IGPU = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0) ig-platform-id
      For the AAPL,ig-platform-id (AAPL,snb-platform-id for Sandy Bridge) entry Clover requires this value to be in Data format so you need to reverse the bytes. So if you want your platform-id to be 0x3EA50009 first reverse the bytes (0900A53E) then use Xcode's plist editor to add the values to Clover's config.plist.

What ig-platform-id should I use for my system?
      You should choose one that is the closest match to your system. I recommend you do some research on this before choosing one. See post #2 for available options. More info can be found here.

You can determine the generation of your CPU by the first digit after the hyphen.
      Examples:
      - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2760QM (Gen 2)
      - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5257U CPU @ 2.70GHz (Gen 5)
      - Intel(R) Core(TM) m3-6Y30 (Gen 6)
      - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8350U (Gen 8)

Spoofing Intel CPU Gen
      If you need to spoof a different Intel CPU generation you can use the lilucpu=N boot flag. The N refers to the following Intel generations:
      4    SandyBridge 5    IvyBridge 6    Haswell 7    Broadwell 8    Skylake 9    KabyLake 10   CoffeeLake To spoof a CPU you will need to set a valid device-id in your GPU entry in Devices/Properties for the appropriate Intel generation.

Eg. Spoofing Skylake (lilucpu=8 boot flag with device-id=0x16190000), Kaby Lake (lilucpu=9 boot flag with device-id=0x12590000).

Here are some recommended frames:

Gen 2: Sandy Bridge (Intel HD Graphics 2000/3000)
      - S/L/E/AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext
      - Support started with OS X 10.7.x and ended with macOS 10.13.6
      - Metal support is not available
      - device-id: 0x0102 0x0106 0x010A 0x0112 0x0116 0x0122 0x0126
      - AAPL,snb-platform-id (desktop): 0x00030010 (default)
      - AAPL,snb-platform-id (laptop): 0x00010000 (default)

Gen 3: Ivy Bridge (Intel HD Graphics 2500/4000)
      - S/L/E/AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext
      - Support started with OS X 10.8.x
      - device-id: 0x0152 0x0156 0x0162 0x0166
      - AAPL,ig-platform-id (desktop): 0x0166000A (default), 0x01620005
      - AAPL,ig-platform-id (laptop): 0x01660003 (default), 0x01660009, 0x01660004

Gen 4: Haswell (Intel HD Graphics 4200-5200)
      - S/L/E/AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext
      - Support started with OS X 10.9.x
      - device-id: 0x0D26 0x0A26 0x0A2E 0x0D22 0x0412
      - AAPL,ig-platform-id (desktop): 0x0D220003 (default)
      - AAPL,ig-platform-id (laptop): 0x0A160000 (default), 0x0A260005 (recommended)

Gen 5: Broadwell (Intel HD Graphics 5300-6300)
      - S/L/E/AppleIntelBDWGraphicsFramebuffer.kext
      - Support started with OS X 10.10.2
      - device-id: 0x0BD1 0x0BD2 0x0BD3 0x1606 0x160E 0x1616 0x161E 0x1626 0x1622 0x1612 0x162B
      - AAPL,ig-platform-id (desktop): 0x16220007 (default)
      - AAPL,ig-platform-id (laptop): 0x16260006 (default)

Gen 6: Skylake (Intel HD Graphics 510-580)
      - S/L/E/AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext
      - Support started with OS X 10.11.4
      - device-id: 0x1916 0x191E 0x1926 0x1927 0x1912 0x1932 0x1902 0x1917 0x193B 0x191B
      - AAPL,ig-platform-id (desktop): 0x19120000 (default)
      - AAPL,ig-platform-id (laptop): 0x19160000 (default)

Gen 7: Kaby Lake (Intel HD Graphics 610-650)
      - S/L/E/AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext
      - Support started with macOS 10.12.6
      - device-id: 0x5912 0x5916 0x591B 0x591C 0x591E 0x5926 0x5927 0x5923 0x87C0
      - AAPL,ig-platform-id (desktop): 0x59160000 (default)
      - AAPL,ig-platform-id (laptop): 0x591B0000 (default)

Gen 8: Coffee Lake (Intel UHD Graphics 630)
      - S/L/E/AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext
      - Support started with macOS 10.13.6 (17G2112) / 10.14 beta 4 (18A336e)
      - device-id: 0x3E9B 0x3EA5 0x3EA6 0x3E92 0x3E91 0x3E98
      - AAPL,ig-platform-id (desktop): 0x3EA50000 (default), 0x3E9B0007 (recommended)
      - AAPL,ig-platform-id (laptop): 0x3EA50009 (default)

Framebuffer Patching
      WhateverGreen does most of the work automatically for you and in most cases you do not need any extra Framebuffer Patching. At the minimum though you should choose an ig-platform-id suitable for your system and place it in config.plist/Devices/Properties like this:

Here are some reasons why you might need extra Framebuffer Patching:
      - Setting DVMT for those who can't set it above 32 MB in BIOS (framebuffer-stolenmem / framebuffer-fbmem)
      - Setting higher VRAM for 4K users who experience graphical glitches (framebuffer-unifiedmem)
      - Disabling eGPU (disable-external-gpu)
      - Enable pixel clock patch for 4K support (enable-hdmi20)
      - Disabling connectors to enable sleep (framebuffer-pipecount / framebuffer-portcount / framebuffer-conX-type=-1)
      - Removing CNConnectorAlwaysConnected flag for eDP laptop screens on < 10.13.6 (framebuffer-con0-flags=0x00000090)
      - Changing connector types to match your systems ports (framebuffer-conX-type)

Framebuffer Patching Types
      We have three different types of patches:

1. Arbitrary (Recommended)
      framebuffer-patch-enable (required to enable below) framebuffer-framebufferid (optional; defaults to current platform-id) (all below are optional) framebuffer-mobile framebuffer-pipecount framebuffer-portcount framebuffer-memorycount framebuffer-stolenmem framebuffer-fbmem framebuffer-unifiedmem framebuffer-cursormem (Haswell only) framebuffer-camellia framebuffer-flags framebuffer-conX-enable (required to enable below) framebuffer-conX-index framebuffer-conX-busid framebuffer-conX-pipe framebuffer-conX-type framebuffer-conX-flags 2. All Data
      framebuffer-conX-enable (required to enable below) framebuffer-conX-alldata 3. Find / Replace
      framebuffer-patchX-enable (required to enable below) framebuffer-patchX-framebufferid (optional; defaults to current platform-id) framebuffer-patchX-find framebuffer-patchX-replace framebuffer-patchX-count (optional; defaults to 1) You should place your patches in config.plist/Devices/Properties in Clover config.plist.

Here are some example patches:
      - 32MB BIOS, 19MB stolen (framebuffer) 9MB fbmem (cursor) 2048MB unifiedmem (vram)

- Pipe / Port Count 3 to 2
      - Connector 1 DP to HDMI
      - Connector 2 Disable

Here is an example of the All Data method:

Here is an example of the Find / Replace method:

Framebuffer Dumps
      There are two ways to dump your framebuffer data (both require WhateverGreen + Lilu debug versions):

1. Using -igfxdump boot flag to dump IGPU framebuffer kext to /AppleIntelFramebuffer_X_Y (root of your boot drive)

There are several ways of reading this dump:
      - Using 010 Editor along with the IntelFramebuffer.bt template
      - Using Hackintool File->Open menu

2. Using -igfxfbdump boot flag to dump native and patched framebuffer table to ioreg at IOService:/IOResources/WhateverGreen

There are several ways of reading this dump:
      - Using dump_platformlist.sh shell script
      - Using Hackintool File->Import->IOReg Dump menu

3. Using Hackintool Framebuffer->macOS 10.14 menu

Adjusting the brightness on a laptop
      1. Method 1
      Enable Clover DSDT fix AddPNLF. Enable SetIntelBacklight and SetIntelMaxBacklight. A specific value is not necessary - it will be automatically injected according to the processor installed.
      2. Method 2
      Use this ACPI table: SSDT-PNLF.dsl SSDT-PNLF.aml
      Do not use both methods at the same time!

Digital Audio (HDMI / DVI / DP)
      To enable digital audio it is necessary to set the necessary properties and, usually, patch the connectors.
      To enable audio in general and HDMI in particular use WEG along with AppleALC.kext.
      On 10.10.5 and above, WEG automatically changes the connector-type of DP (00040000) to HDMI (00080000) if no custom patches are used.
      The actual connection may be of any type (HDMI / DVI / DP), but for the digital audio to function the connector-type must explicitly be HDMI.

VGA support
      In most cases with Intel Skylake and newer it works by default.
      For Ivy Bridge and possibly other generations there are the options to patch your connectors with the following:
      06020000 02000000 30000000 // Option 1
      06020000 01000000 30000000 // Option 2
      On OS X 10.8.2 and newer it is impossible to have VGA on Ivy Bridge systems.
      Hot-plugging VGA usually does not work.
      In case this doesn't help - there are no other known solutions at this time.

EDID
      EDID is usually correctly identified, so no actions are required. In rare cases, EDID needs to be injected manually.
      An EDID dump can be obtained, for example, with Linux. The correct EDID must be put into *AAPL00,override-no-connect* property for IGPU, where the second 0 stands for the display number.
      In some cases the EDID dump may be incompatible with macOS and leads to distortions. For some EDID in such cases you can use this script, which corrects a provided EDID and saves it to your desktop.

HDMI in UHD resolution with 60 fps
      Add the enable-hdmi20 property to IGPU, otherwise you will get a black screen. Or instead of this property use the boot-arg -cdfon

Disablng a discrete graphics card
      Add the disable-external-gpu property to IGPU. Or instead of this property, use the boot-arg -wegnoegpu

Fix the invalid maximum link rate issue on some laptops (Dell XPS 15 9570, etc.)
      Add the enable-dpcd-max-link-rate-fix property to IGPU, otherwise a kernel panic would happen due to a division-by-zero. Or instead of this property, use the boot-arg -igfxmlr.
      You could also manually specify a maximum link rate value via the dpcd-max-link-rate for the builtin display.
      Typically use 0x14 for 4K display and 0x0A for 1080p display. All possible values are 0x06 (RBR), 0x0A (HBR), 0x14 (HBR2) and 0x1E (HBR3). If an invalid value is specified, the default value 0x14 will be used instead. If this property is not specified, same as above.  
      Fix the infinite loop on establishing Intel HDMI connections with a higher pixel clock rate on Skylake, Kaby Lake and Coffee Lake platforms
      Add the enable-hdmi-dividers-fix property to IGPU or use the -igfxhdmidivs boot argument instead to fix the infinite loop when the graphics driver tries to establish a HDMI connection with a higher pixel clock rate, for example connecting to a 2K/4K display with HDMI 1.4, otherwise the system just hangs (and your builtin laptop display remains black) when you plug in the HDMI cable.  
      1. General Notes
      For those who want to have "limited" 2K/4K experience (i.e. 2K@59Hz or 4K@30Hz) with their HDMI 1.4 port, you might find this fix helpful. For those who have a laptop or PC with HDMI 2.0 routed to IGPU and have HDMI output issues, please note that this fix is now succeeded by the LSPCON driver solution, and it is still recommended to enable the LSPCON driver support to have full HDMI 2.0 experience.  
      (You might still need this fix temporarily to figure out the connector index of your HDMI port. See the LSPCON section below.)
      LSPCON driver support to enable DisplayPort to HDMI 2.0 output on IGPU
      1. Brief Introduction
      Recent laptops (Kaby Lake/Coffee Lake-based) are typically equipped with a HDMI 2.0 port. This port could be either routed to IGPU or DGPU, and you can have a confirmation on Windows 10. Intel (U)HD Graphics, however, does not provide native HDMI 2.0 output, so in order to solve this issue OEMs add an additional hardware named LSPCON on the motherboard to convert DisplayPort into HDMI 2.0.
      LSPCON works in either Level Shifter (LS) or Protocol Converter (PCON) mode. When the adapter works in LS mode, it is capable of producing HDMI 1.4 signals from DisplayPort, while in PCON mode, it could provide HDMI 2.0 output. Some onboard LSPCON adapters (e.g. the one on Dell XPS 15 9570) have been configured in the firmware to work in LS mode by default, resulting a black screen on handling HDMI 2.0 connections.
      Starting from version 1.3.0, WhateverGreen now provides driver support for the onboard LSPCON by automatically configuring the adapter to run in PCON mode on new HDMI connections, and hence solves the black screen issue on some platforms.

2. Before you start
      LSPCON driver is only applicable for laptops and PCs with HDMI 2.0 routed to IGPU. LSPCON driver is necessary for all newer platforms unless the new IGPU starts to provide native HDMI 2.0 output. Supported Intel Platform: Skylake, Kaby Lake, Coffee Lake and later.
      Skylake Case: Intel NUC Skull Canyon; Iris Pro 580 + HDMI 2.0 with Parade PS175 LSPCON.
      Coffee Lake Case: Some laptops, e.g. Dell XPS 15 9570, are equipped with HDMI 2.0 and Parade PS175 LSPCON. If you have confirmed that your HDMI 2.0 is routed to IGPU and is working properly right now, you don't need to enable this driver, because your onboard LSPCON might already be configured in the firmware to work in PCON mode.
      3. Instructions
      Dump your kernel log and you should also be able to see something simillar to lines below.

// When you insert the HDMI 2.0 cable igfx @ (DBG) SC:     GetDPCDInfo() DInfo: [FB0] called with controller at 0xffffff81a8680000 and framebuffer at 0xffffff81a868c000. igfx @ (DBG) SC:     GetDPCDInfo() DInfo: [FB0] No LSPCON chip associated with this framebuffer. igfx @ (DBG) SC:     GetDPCDInfo() DInfo: [FB0] Will call the original method. igfx @ (DBG) SC:     GetDPCDInfo() DInfo: [FB0] Returns 0x0. igfx @ (DBG) SC:     GetDPCDInfo() DInfo: [FB2] called with controller at 0xffffff81a8680000 and framebuffer at 0xffffff81a869a000. igfx @ (DBG) SC:   LSPCON::probe() DInfo: [FB2] Found the LSPCON adapter: Parade PS1750. igfx @ (DBG) SC:   LSPCON::probe() DInfo: [FB2] The current adapter mode is Level Shifter (DP++ to HDMI 1.4). igfx @ (DBG) SC:     GetDPCDInfo() DInfo: [FB2] LSPCON driver has detected the onboard chip successfully. igfx @ (DBG) SC:     GetDPCDInfo() DInfo: [FB2] LSPCON driver has been initialized successfully. igfx @ (DBG) SC: LSPCON::getMode() DInfo: [FB2] The current mode value is 0x00. igfx @ (DBG) SC: LSPCON::getMode() DInfo: [FB2] The current mode value is 0x00. igfx @ (DBG) SC: LSPCON::getMode() DInfo: [FB2] The current mode value is 0x00. igfx @ (DBG) SC: LSPCON::getMode() DInfo: [FB2] The current mode value is 0x01. igfx @ (DBG) SC: LSPCON::setMode() DInfo: [FB2] The new mode is now effective. igfx @ (DBG) SC:     GetDPCDInfo() DInfo: [FB2] The adapter is running in preferred mode [Protocol Converter (DP++ to HDMI 2.0)]. igfx @ (DBG) SC:     GetDPCDInfo() DInfo: [FB2] Will call the original method. igfx @ (DBG) SC:     GetDPCDInfo() DInfo: [FB2] Returns 0x0. // When you remove the HDMI 2.0 cable igfx @ (DBG) SC:     GetDPCDInfo() DInfo: [FB0] called with controller at 0xffffff81a8680000 and framebuffer at 0xffffff81a868c000. igfx @ (DBG) SC:     GetDPCDInfo() DInfo: [FB0] No LSPCON chip associated with this framebuffer. igfx @ (DBG) SC:     GetDPCDInfo() DInfo: [FB0] Will call the original method. igfx @ (DBG) SC:     GetDPCDInfo() DInfo: [FB0] Returns 0x0. igfx @ (DBG) SC:     GetDPCDInfo() DInfo: [FB2] called with controller at 0xffffff81a8680000 and framebuffer at 0xffffff81a869a000. igfx @ (DBG) SC:     GetDPCDInfo() DInfo: [FB2] LSPCON driver (at 0xffffff802ba3afe0) has already been initialized for this framebuffer. igfx @ (DBG) SC: LSPCON::setModeIfNecessary() DInfo: [FB2] The adapter is already running in Protocol Converter (DP++ to HDMI 2.0) mode. No need to update. igfx @ (DBG) SC: LSPCON::wakeUpNativeAUX() DInfo: [FB2] The native AUX channel is up. DPCD Rev = 0x12. igfx @ (DBG) SC:     GetDPCDInfo() DInfo: [FB2] Will call the original method. igfx @ (DBG) SC:     GetDPCDInfo() DInfo: [FB2] Returns 0x0. Additionally, you can find these properties injected by the driver under the corresponding framebuffer.
      (Only available in DEBUG version)

fw-framebuffer-has-lspcon indicates whether the onboard LSPCON adapter exists or not.
      fw-framebuffer-preferred-lspcon-mode indicates the preferred adapter mode. 1 is PCON, and 0 is LS.

Debug Output
      To get debug output from Lilu use the -liludbgall liludump=60 boot flags. You will need to compile Lilu and WhateverGreen as debug for both of these flags to work. Log files should be located at /var/log/Lilu_*.

To view debug paste the following into Terminal (weglog.txt will output to your home directory):
      log show --predicate 'process == "kernel" AND (eventMessage CONTAINS "WhateverGreen" OR eventMessage CONTAINS "Lilu")' --style syslog --source --last boot >weglog.txt Getting Help

To help the users of this forum diagnose issues with your configuration please generate a Lilu debug log and then run gen_debug.sh to generate a folder of debug files you can attach to a forum post requesting help.

Credits
      - vit9696 and lvs1974 for WhateverGreen (Full Credits) and Lilu (Full Credits)
      - Andrey1970 for his guide on applelife.ru
      - RehabMan for all data patching method, ioreg framebuffer dump and other contributions

• By tonyx86
      I was inspired by @duduclx post for installing El Capitan on a Dell Latitude E6410, so I decided to install Mojave 10.14.5.  Everything works perfectly except for sleep.  I'm starting this thread hoping to help others install Mojave on their E6410s and to diagnose and resolve the sleep issue.  This thread is not currently intended to be an installation guide and is better suited to the intermediate/advanced hackintosher.  Eventually, it may evolve into a guide.

I started with this thread and ended up with the system captured in the attached files.  The keys were to change the LPCB._DSM.Name to "3b09" and remove all CLOVER configs not necessary for Mojave, plus some other items mentioned below.

My system is as follows:
      Dell Latitude E6410 (I7-620m, Nvidia 3100M, 8GB DDR3, 512GB SSD, 1440x900 display, BIOS: A17) MacOS: Mojave 10.14.6 (APFS) (Patched with DosDude Mojave Patcher 1.3.3) MacModel: MacBookPro 6,2 (LPCB._DSM.Name "pci8086,3b09") Kexts: Lilu 1.3.6, VoodooHDA 2.9.2, AirportBrcmFixup 2.0.0, IntelMausiEthernet 2.4.1d1, ACPIBatteryManager 1.90.1, BrcmPatchRam2.kext, BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext, VoodooPS2Controller (the "Refined ALPS Touchpad" version - release 5, not the original version), USBInjectAll (with custom SSDT-UIAC) Wi-Fi: Broadcom BCM 94352HMB (with AirportBrcmFixup.kext) CLOVER (Legacy): R4961  
      Configuration items that may be different from what you have seen in other E6410 configurations
      LPCB._DSM patched with device-id "3b09" AND "name", "pci8086,3b09" for native Nehalem power management with MacBookPro 6,2 ECDV renamed to EC so that AppleBusPowerController loads AGP.VID._DSM patched with device-id "0a29" so that AppleGraphicsPowerManagement loads  No CLOVER Generate P or Generate C States (with the correct LPCB._DSM and MacBookPro 6,2, these CLOVER options are unnecessary for this architecture and only limit max multiplier and reduce number of P states) DSDT patched to include HDAU device (device-id 0x0be3)  
      What is NOT working:
      Sleep (display goes blank, but power light stays on.  System cannot wake and must be forced off with power button) Display brightness can be controlled with keyboard keys, but cannot be controlled with slider in Display settings.  The slider appears in Display settings (because of the backlight DSDT injection in AGP.VID._DSM), but the slider doesn't work (yet).  Haven't spent time to figure this out, but would love help. Graphics Power Management - AGPM loads (because 10de,0a29 device is injected), but there's no evidence that 3100m frequency and voltage is changing.
        What is NOT tested:
      SD Card Slot Smartcard Reader eSata (I have this disabled in my BIOS) Firewire Port (it does appear in the Network settings, just haven't tried it) Microphone Jack PC Card Slot (I have this disabled in my BIOS) Camera (I have this disabled in my BIOS)  
      What IS working:
      Everything else not mentioned above.   Speedstep/CPUPowerManagement is perfect, system temps are low, CPU multiplier operates as expected, battery life is long Shutdown is fast Display/graphics acceleration is perfect (thanks to DosDude's Mojave patcher) Brightness (adjusted with brightness keys on keyboard) works perfectly Battery Manager works (battery status is displayed in menu bar) simply by installing ACPIBatterManager.kext. Wi-Fi (after changing to Broadcom BCM94352HMB and installing AirportBrcmFixup.kext) Audio (volume adjustable, volume indicator appears in menu bar).  Switched to VoodooHDA from AppleALC after AppleALC caused slow boot due to "IOHDACodecFunction timeout." Ethernet port (with IntelMausiEthernet.kext) Broadcom BCM20702A0 Bluetooth (with BrcmPatchRam2.kext and BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext) Optical Drive External VGA (with corrected NVCAP.  Need NVCAP 04000000 00000100 0E000000 00000007 00000000 (credit: here) for working external VGA display. Headphone jack Display Port (tested using DP > HDMI adapter)  
      Known issues and their solutions
      AAPL,clock-id and device_type do not appear in IORegistry for EHC1.  Solution is to use CLOVER on-the-fly patching/fixing/renaming for EHC1 and EHC2.  This has been completed and tested, but does not fix the sleep behavior.  This fix is not reflected in the attached files. ALPS trackpad performance is not good with the "standard" VoodooPS2Controller.kext that I initially used.  Switching to the "Refined ALPS TouchPad driver" is a big improvement.  I've implemented and tested this on my system.  The ALPS version of VoodooPS2Controller.kext mixes up a few keys.  Need to switch the Command and Option keys (System Preferences > Keyboard > Modifier Keys) and change keyboard type to ISO European.  The updated VoodooPS2Controller.kext is not reflected in the attached files. This proposed configuration uses an injected device-id (10de,0a29) for NVidia 3100m to get AGPM to load.  While I haven't observed any performance differences, a better approach may be to inject AGPM properties for device 10de,0a6c (the actual device-id for the 3100m).  This AGPM method is discussed later in this thread.  I have briefly tested this "FakeSMC.kext method" for injecting AGPM attributes without any noticeable changes in laptop/graphics behavior and have not updated attached files to reflect this change. IOHWControl is not loaded under AGPM (Should be AGP > VID > NVDA,Display-A@0 > NVDATesla > AGPM > gpu-control > IOHWControl as viewed in IORegistryExplorer).  It is loaded on a real MacBookPro6,2 running Mojave and is loaded on this Dell Latitude E6410 running High Sierra.  If I "Inject NVidia" via CLOVER, IOHWControl loads properly.  I have made this change and am testing it on my system, but have not updated the attached configuration files. The Dell Latitude DSDT (BIOS A17) has a bug in Method (GNOT).  In the method, the expression  If (LOr (LGreater (OSYS, 0x07D0), LLess (OSYS, 0x07D6))) always evaluates to TRUE, so the patched DSDT has no dependency on the value of OSYS.  I suspect that LOr should be replaced with LAnd, so that this expression is TRUE for variants of Windows 2001 and False for any other OS.  While this may have no affect on MacOS, it makes one wonder how such an obvious bug made it through Dell QA and is still present in BIOS A17.  Also makes one wonder whether the sleep problem (which no one has solved) was fixed in Windows to address another DSDT bug. The DSDT patch that duduclx refers to as "Intel GMA Ready" in his El Capitan Guide is not applied correctly to the DSDT attached to this post.  Somehow, the contents of patched _DSM are located in the PCI0.VID device instead of in Method (_DSM) within the PCI0.VID device.  MaciASL didn't complain about this, so it went unnoticed, but it doesn't appear to have had any affect.  I have completely removed this "Intel GMA Ready" patch from my DSDT since it is not necessary for Dell Latitude E6410's with NVidia 3100m, but have not updated the attached DSDT. The assigned value of ACOS in the DSDT is conditional on the operating system.  There is no condition for "Darwin."  The solution is to add a condition for "Darwin" (making it equivalent to one of the defined operating systems (e.g. Linux, Win7, etc), analogous to the assignment of OSYS.  I made this change in my DSDT (not yet reflected in the attached files), but have not observed any behavioral differences (sleep or otherwise).  EDIT: Another way to handle this might be to override _OSI with XOSI (defined in a custom SSDT).  Still learning about XOSI and haven't yet drawn a conclusion.  I'm currently experimenting with ACOS and OSYS equivalent to Win7 and Linux (manually patched in my DSDT which has not yet been updated as a new attachment to this post). The portType of the Internal Bluetooth device is portType=0 which, according to Rehabman's comments in SSDT-UIAC-All.dsl, is an external USB 2 port.  I believe that this should be an internal USB port (portType=2).  My custom SSDT-UIAC.dsl is wrong.  I just learned through trial and error that the HUB1 and HUB2 definitions in Rehabman's SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl apply to the ports on the EHCx USB hubs.  The solution is to include the HUB1 definition in SSDT-UIAC.dsl and change portType to 2 for HP15.  I have not attached an updated SSDT-UIAC.aml to this first post, but my current EFI includes an updated SSDT-UIAC.aml with ports HP15, 16 17 and 18 set to internal (portType = 2).  This change doesn't appear to affect/fix sleep, but it may prevent instant wake if we get sleep working. There are minor differences between a real MacBookPro6,2 IORegistry dump and this HackBookPro6,2 IORegistry dump that can be resolved with simple DSDT edits.  I am now running with these changes, but haven't found these changes to make any difference in operational behavior.  These changes are not reflected in the attached DSDT.
      Rename Device (AC) -> Device (ADP1) Remove UID from Device (HPET) Add compatible ID "PNP0C01" to Device (HPET) Change ADP1:_STA from 0x0F to 0xFFFFFFFF Enable Ambient Light Sensor and renamed to Device (ALS0) from Device (ALS) Add compatible ID "smc-als" to ALS0 Rename LID -> LID0 Change "name" definitions to Buffers in _DSM methods Rename Device (PBTN) to PWRB Rename Device (SBTN) to (SLPB) Change HDAU "onboard-1" to "onboard-2"  
      Brief Installation Guide (for the experienced Hackintosher):
      Follow duduclx's guide for BIOS config Create your MacOS installer USB (Use DosDude's Mojave Patcher for Mojave) (start with High Sierra and not Mojave if you're new to hackintosh). Install CLOVER (Legacy) on installer USB using attached EFI as your guide for patched ACPI, kexts and config.plist Install MacOS to your SSD.  When you run DosDude's Mojave Patcher, DO NOT install LegacyUSBInjector.kext - you're going to use Rehabman's USBInjectAll.kext.  Also, do not install the DosDude SIP kext (you're using CLOVER to manage SIP). Install the following kexts in /Library/Extensions:  ACPIBatteryManager.kext, AirportBrcmFixup.kext, BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext, BrcmPatchRAM2.kext, FakeSMC.kext, FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext, FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext, FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext, FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext, IntelMausiEthernet.kext, Lilu.kext, USBInjectAll.kext, VoodooPS2Controller.kext (the "Refined ALPS Touchpad driver," not the original) Switch Command and Option keys to compensate for Refined ALPS driver issue (System Preferences > Keyboard > Modifier Keys).  Also change keyboard type to ISO European to fix the [ ` ~ ] key (to the left of the "1" (one) key. Install VoodooHDA Install HWMonitor application  
      Tips for Improved Performance (on this and other older systems)
      System Preferences > Spotlight > Search Results: Uncheck all options System Preferences > Spotlight > Privacy: Add all Volumes System Preferences > Accessibility > Display: Check "Reduce motion" System Preferences > Accessibility > Display: Check "Reduce transparency"  
      Other tips
      If your fan is always running and temps are good, try pressing Fn + z

CLOVER.zip
    • By MaLd0n
      ---TUTORIAL---

https://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=8685

--Original Post--

https://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=97&t=11237

--Bios/UEFI Settings--

*Update bios/uefi to F7+*
      1- Go to M.I.T./Advanced Frequency Settings tab

Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.) - Profile 1

2- Go to BIOS tab

CSM Support - Disabled

3- Go to Peripherals/Thunderbolt(TM) Configuration tab

Security Level - No Security
      Thunderbolt USB Support - Enabled
      GPIO3 Force Pwr - Enabled

4- Go to Chipset tab

Internal Graphics - Enable

---CLOVER FOLDER---
      *Use this folder with FULL DSDT PATCHED
      EFI CLOVER Z390 DESIGNARE.zip

---OPENCORE FOLDER---
      *Use this folder with FULL DSDT PATCHED
      EFI OPENCORE Z390 DESIGNARE.zip

---DSDT patch requests is here---

https://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1131

---HARDWARE---

--MOBO

GIGABYTE Z390 DESIGNARE
      -Link
      https://www.amazon.com/Z390-DESIGNARE-Gigabyte-Thunderbolt-Motherboard/dp/B07K8RJZRG/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Z390+DESIGNARE&qid=1565492390&s=electronics&sr=1-1

--PROCESSOR

Intel Core i9-9900K
      -Link
      https://www.amazon.com/Intel-i9-9900K-Desktop-Processor-Unlocked/dp/B005404P9I/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=Intel+Core+i9-9900K&qid=1553358099&s=gateway&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1

--COOLER

CORSAIR H100i RGB PLATINUM AIO Liquid CPU Cooler
      -Link
      https://www.amazon.com/CORSAIR-H100i-PLATINUM-Liquid-Cooler/dp/B07JWB5BSN/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=WATER+COOLER+CPU&qid=1565492509&s=gateway&sr=8-4

--MEMORY

Corsair CMW32GX4M2C3200C16 Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 (PC4-25600)
      -Link
      https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-CMW32GX4M2C3200C16-Vengeance-PC4-25600-Desktop/dp/B07GTG2T7L/ref=sr_1_15?keywords=memory+ddr4+32&qid=1553358238&s=gateway&sr=8-15

--GPU

MSI RX Vega 64 AIR Boost 8G OC
      -Link
      https://www.amazon.com/MSI-RX-64-AIR-8G/dp/B07DH7S1X1/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=vega+64+gigabyte&qid=1565492819&s=electronics&sr=1-2

--SSD

Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD (MZ-V7E1T0BW) NVMe M.2 V-NAND
      -Link
      https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-970-EVO-1TB-MZ-V7E1T0BW/dp/B07BN217QG/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=s+samsung+970+evo+1tb&qid=1565493002&s=electronics&sr=1-1

--POWER SUPPLY

EVGA Supernova 1000 P2 80+ Platinum, 1000W ECO Mode Fully Modular 
      -Link
      https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-Supernova-Platinum-Crossfire-220-P2-1000-XR/dp/B00EKJQM5E/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=power+supply+1000w&qid=1565493196&s=gateway&sr=8-3

--WIRELESS

TP-Link Archer T9E
      -Link
      https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-Archer-T9E-Beamforming-Technology/dp/B00TQEX7AQ/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=TP-Link+Archer+T9E&qid=1553358397&s=gateway&sr=8-1

--CASE

Thermaltake Core P5 Tempered Glass Black Edition ATX Open Frame Panoramic Viewing
      -Link
      https://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-Tempered-Panoramic-Certified-CA-1E7-00M1WN-03/dp/B01N4IGVSC/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=Thermaltake+Core+P5&qid=1565493567&s=gateway&sr=8-2

--DSDT Patches--
      -FIX ACPI ERRORS -FIX OEM SSDTs to AVOID ERRORS AND WARNINGS -REMOVE UNUSED SCOPES / DEVICES -HIGH PRECISION EVENT TIMER -SATA -DMAC -REMOVE PROBLEMATIC AND UNUSED DEVICES -FIX K.P in REBOOT -SLPB -DARWIN / WINDOWS 2015 -XHCI -PLUGIN TYPE -HDAS to HDEF -HDEF -REAL TIME CLOCK -ARTC -IRQs -SBUS -BUS1 -MCHC -ALS0 -SHUTDOWN -LAN -FWHD -USBX -PMCR -PPMC -XSPI -CNVW -GMM -IMEI -EC -PNLF -ARPT -GFX0 -NVME -DTGP -ACQUIRE MUT0 0XFFFF -MUTEX MUT0 0x00 -EXTERNAL REFERENCES -UNKNOWNOBJ -HDMI / HDAU -FULL RENAMED DEVICES ---SCREENSHOTs---

-Credits and thanks to the old and new people in the community who developed patches, kexts and bootloaders!
      Thanks to KGP for SSDT Thunderbolt
      Slice, Kabyl, usr-sse2, jadran, Blackosx, dmazar, STLVNUB, pcj, apianti, JrCs, pene, FrodoKenny, skoczy, ycr.ru, Oscar09, xsmile, SoThOr, RehabMan, Download-Fritz, Zenit432, cecekpawon, Intel, Apple, Oracle, Chameleon Team, crazybirdy, Mieze, Mirone, Oldnapalm, netkas, Elconiglio, artut-pt, ErmaC, Pavo, Toleda, Master Chief and family, bcc9, The King, PMheart, Sherlocks, Micky1979, vit9696, vandroiy2013, Voodoo Team, Pike R. Alpha, lvs1974, Austere.J, CVad, Sampath007, onemanosx, erroruser, Jenny David, Olarila Facebook Community, Hackintosh Facebook Community and many others!
      We're all here to have fun and learn from each other!