Hello, im FZ, been in hackintosh community since mac os X lion years. Please consider me noob. i have helped hackintoshed pc of my friends and family. i ran el capitan, sierra, high sierra on below spec.
I lost some interest in hackintoshing from past 1 year now im back again cuz of mojave.
I posted this issue in Nvidia Topic for discussion but decided not to post until i could get some bug log out of it... but. eh.
Well ive Kepler based gt 710 card.
Black Screen when booting with default drivers or nvda_drv=1 mode
White/Grey Screen with 1 sec mouse movement then freezed keyboard and mouse with nv_disable=1.
tried numerous ways to boot Mojave but does not works such as >
High Sierra/Sierra default Apple geforce nvda kexts, High Sierra Web Drivers, various clover configs, display edids, HDMI dvi port tests... so on.
Tri Boot Setup:
Windows 10, Sierra(gt 710 works OOB, or with Web Drivers too), Mojave.
ASUS P5G41TM LX
Gigabyte Nvidia Geforce GT 710 2GB
I couldn't managed to get logs as half part of installation is still incomplete i.e Mojave installed from USB to HDD after but cant get into login/setup screen due to above mentioned black screen issue.
I will try to be as detailed as possible.
i had no mac device or any macos dmg/iso to install mojave so performed some steps in windows.
Steps i performed:
1. I downloaded Mojave 10.14.1 iso file from Olarila.com which is a complete raw image of Mojave USB stick as the post title says **The image is clean, without any mod with Clover bootloader, essentials kexts and patches inside Clover folder**. Which comes with this OLIRALA_MOJAVE_USB_EFI.zip which i backed up(see attachment OLIRALA_MOJAVE_USB_EFI.zip)
2. made usb in windows with win32diskimager
3. booted from usb and got kernel panic
4. swapped usb EFI folder with Olarila Clover EFI for LGA 775 (see attachment CLOVER.LGA775.OLARILA.zip)
5. booted from usb susccesfully till install screen but throws macOs Mojave could not be installed on this computer
6. i was fed up trying workarounds , i knew i need newer mac ids in clover config.plist to make it install
7. i downloaded Olarila Sierra from same site flashed in another usb stick and it worked out of box without messing any kext or kind.
8. added SMBIOS iMac13,1 in config.plist with clover configurator.
9. booted from usb and succesfully installed Mojave with HFS+ partition on MBR partitioned HDD(dual booting with windows 10)
10. booted from usb to complete partial installation of Mojave but got black screen.
For getting all kernel, bug, kext logs i tried Problem Reporting script of black-dragon74 https://github.com/black-dragon74/OSX-Debug which requires active internet connection which is not possible, I tried to mod the script to run local but im not good at bash and it went in errors. I will do provide mojave logs manually from single user -x mode if i can.
Ok I managed to run the script locally in single go and it went well problem_reporting_mojave10_14_1_debug_27676.zip
if any wants to have a look at script i modded gen_debug_local.sh
some other files
I'm new to the world of hackintosh and need some advice on how to get my Nvidia card 960 working as when High Sierra loads I have only 7mb, If I inject the Nvidia it goes to the resolution I want but then I have 0mb.
The High Sierra Version is 10.13.6 17G65. I have installed the latest nvidia driver and cuda driver
I have tried in clover configurator and ticking nvidia=1 as suggest on some forums but then I end up with a blurred background and no login box and the system hangs, If I upgrade to the latest version of clover 4741, i jest get a black screen before I get to the menu options so I am currently using 4463
if it helps the motherboard is a gigabytes z170 xp-sli with an intel 660k
High sierra is being install on an external 128GB SSD
Thanks for you help
Hello Everyone !
I successfully instant Mojave on my Pc. Everything works fine except sleep. When I click sleep, it instantly sleep and restart right after cpu fan stop. I attached the MadLon Run Me here. Hope someone can help.
I did delete PowerManager in Library/Preferences but still no hope
Asrock z370 itx Gaming
32GB corsair LPX
Samsung 950 nvme
The problem may because I changed my MSI z370 a-pro atx to Asrock itx. Before that the system runned perfectly fine with the MSI mainboard.