Clover Reboot During Installation

3 posts in this topic

Dear all,

I am having trouble trying to install High Sierra on my machine.  I follow the tutorial on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWKpXocmayM

and follow every steps.  I tried to create the image using Clover build 4380, 4112,4423 and 4356.  Most of the builds seem to reboots about 10 seconds after I click on the install macOS icon in Clover.

The last line that I see ends with "+++++++++++++".  I spent 2 full days trying to create image with different builds of Clover and changing boot flags like npci=0x2000/3000 and stuff but none of them work.

I attach the content of the EFI partition of the USB drive.  May anyone take a look to see what wrong with it? 

My setup

Xeon E5-1603 V3

Gigabyte X99-SLI (F22 BIOS)

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB DDR4 2133

Radeon RX460 2GB

Intel Gigabit LAN(on board)

CLOVER.zip

Edited by richardyiu

Thanks for the tip.

I figured out myself what is the root cause of the problem.  I used the files provided by the youtuber and pasted it into my Clover folder.  I don't know the config.plist is set to Broadwell CPU and I have Haswell CPU.  Once I replace the CPU ID and type it booted.  Then I encountered kextd stall 'AppleACPICPU' problem.  It's fixed by moving the kexts from 10.12 folder to Others folder in the installation USB's EFI.  The final problem that I encountered is "macOS could not be installed on your computer, the installer ressources are expired."  I have reinstalled thru my USB disk again, but type this in the terminal before the actual installation.

ntpdate -u "time.apple.com"
Edited by richardyiu