Asus ROG Zephyrus GX501GI various questions

1 post in this topic

Hey everyone,

I have decided to ask for help with my new laptop and more specifically with the DSDT  patches for it because although I was able to apply some mandatory patches and everything went just fine but things could be better in my opinion and I want to improve my knowledge.

This going to be long, sorry :( tl;dr > the problems and questions

Few things about the laptop:
  • i7 8750H - 6 Cores Coffee Lake
  • NVIDIA GTX 1080 8GB - works fine with WEB drivers (even the 144Hz display and performance is really good)
  • Intel Wireless-AC 9560 + BT5 > will be replaced with BCM943602BAED, now dongle
  • USB2.0 HD UVC WebCam > works great
  • Realtek ALC295 > AppleALC with layout 3
  • Samsung 512GB NVME > works great
  • Trackpad - ELAN 1404 / pci8086,a368 & pci8086,a369

The problems and questions that I have:
  • Trackpad/touchpad - from what I understood with my nights with IOreg - it is assembled from two devices actually (it has switchable trackpad - Numpad combo) The devices are pci8086,a368 & pci8086,a369. Tried to get them working by DSDT patch + VoodooIC2 since they are IC2 devices but the controller (pci8086,a368...) is probably unsupported?
  • Shutdown with the restart - I tried to fix it using DSDT already because it is the well-known issue but the problem is that the "SB.PCI0.XHC.PMEE" is not presented in my DSDT. So after applying patch from RehabMan, I have the problem to compile the DSDT because of error. (Object does not exist \_SB.PCI0.XHC.PMEE). There are other XHC trees but nothing I can use instead I think.
  • plugin type causes that I am unable to boot > this screen https://imgur.com/a/MdMvaUY
  • I think it has to do something with the fact that ASUS has locked _MSR?
  • in IOReg, I can see that EC0, IPIC don't have any kext/service loaded is that ok? I applied clover on the fly fixes but that did not change anything.
  • AppleACPICPU is loaded under PROX@X instead of CPU, is that ok?
  • I already applied some patches to the DSDT but since I am doing that for the very first time (I mean really "correctly") I am not sure if everything is fine. It would be great if someone can check IOReg/DSDT and tell if I should focus on something.

I have attached send me created by utility Send me.app (Mald0n). I think it should include everything you need to check these things.

Also, I maintain GitHub repo for this if you are interested

Thanks for any knowledge/advice anyone could help in advance!

DSDT - Current - Audio, battery, windows10 and small patches.dsl