RealtekRTL8100 Working but not properly

RandomTech

3 posts in this topic

As I just got my hands on a HP Pavilion Sleekbook 15 with intel i5-3317U and since then I'm trying (struggling) to install macOS, actually everything going well and I succeeded on a lot of complicated stages but:

Now as I discovered that RealtekRTL8100.kext is the only which is working for Ethernet but even if it says its connected with green dot in System Preferences, I still have limited access to webpages, not all of them work as they should be, something is interfering

Tried to install to S/L/E and repair permissions or put it in CLOVER/EFI/Kexts its all the same.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Specs:

CPU: i5 3371U (still needs Power Management later)

Chipset: Intel HM77

GPU1: Intel HD 4000 (for low resolution 1366x768)

GPU2: Nvidia GT 630M (disabled via DSDT/SSDT)

Audio: IDT 92HD99BXX (0X111D76E5) (working with Voodoo but I patched the AppleHDA for better audio quality)

LAN: Realtek Integrated 10/100 BASE-T Ethernet LAN (Not working properly)

WLAN: TP-Link TL-WN725N Nano USB WLAN Stick (working via installer pkg)

SMBIOS: MacBook Pro 9,2

Screen Shot 2018-07-04 at 3.51.37 PM.png

7 minutes ago, Hervé said:

Seems you're running on IP v6 only, not good old IP v4... Is that desired?

Sorry I didn't get that, the BIOS has the option to boot with IPv4+IPv6 UEFI or each individual, or all Network Adapter Boot (enable/disable). Which one would be the correct to set? it looks confusing to me :(

Screen Shot 2018-07-05 at 1.32.41 AM.png

18 minutes ago, Hervé said:

No, I meant that you're not getting any IP v4 address. An address in 169.254 means your DHCP server (usually local router) did not assign any IP address to your interface. You should probably check if you have IP v4 enabled on your router.

I solved it today by reseting the router :) it all caused (I think) by VPN software I use in Windows.

Thanks anyway for your suggestions to help