Sniki

Dynamic Desktop not working, how do i fix it ?

11 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

Im running macOS Mojave Public Beta on my Lenovo B570e:

8GB Ram DDR3 1600mhz

Intel Core i5 2410M

Intel HD3000 Graphics (working with Sierra kexts) (Nvidia GT525M Disabled since optimus graphics not supported on macOS).

1TB Hard drive.

Realtek AC272 Audio Codec

BCM94352HMB (AzureWave AW-C123H).

I fixed everything hackintosh related except that Dynamic Desktop isn't working.

Is there a known fix for that since it's always staying on black (like it was night) even though i set it to dynamic and Locations Services access is enabled.

Edited by besnik.rrustemi

Advertisement

hello

probably ur problem is using kext from another macOS

for now .. not knew any solution for that .. u are doing double hack ..

using ancient kext and running Mojave in a pc ..

good hack

19 minutes ago, artur_pt said:

hello

probably ur problem is using kext from another macOS

for now .. not knew any solution for that .. u are doing double hack ..

using ancient kext and running Mojave in a pc ..

good hack

It has nothing to do with kext, since i had it installed on my Lenovo V330 as well which is kaby lake R with Intel UHD 620, everything worked fine except the Dynamic Desktop not switching to day, it always stay black (dark mode) and the night wallpaper variant.

It has to be something else.

9 minutes ago, besnik.rrustemi said:

It has nothing to do with kext, since i had it installed on my Lenovo V330 as well which is kaby lake R with Intel UHD 620, everything worked fine except the Dynamic Desktop not switching to day, it always stay black (dark mode) and the night wallpaper variant.

It has to be something else.

if you are in Dark Mode, the Dynamic Desktop will stay in its “nighttime” mode. It won’t progress through the daytime parts of the wallpaper

5 minutes ago, Pavo said:

if you are in Dark Mode, the Dynamic Desktop will stay in its “nighttime” mode. It won’t progress through the daytime parts of the wallpaper

Ok so that might have been the issue, since it's true that im using darkmode all the time.

On 7/1/2018 at 1:11 PM, besnik.rrustemi said:

Ok so that might have been the issue, since it's true that im using darkmode all the time.

I modified the Dynamic Wallpaper so it could cycle throughout the day, no matter what mode are you (dark or light). Drive. Just put it in you Pictures Folder and select it as your wallpaper.

On 7/1/2018 at 10:05 AM, Pavo said:

Thanks Pavo, my pentium desktop had same issue and all Kexts are vanilla.   Update didn’t fix it either.   Using dark mode here.

is dynamic background working with the latest update? Mine always show light background doesn't matter which mode you choose it shows always light background.

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/334755-dynamic-desktop-not-working-how-do-i-fix-it/?tab=comments#comment-2624017

This guy fixed the .heic file. I set it as wallpaper before updating to the latest beta 3 18A326himage.thumb.png.d31ea976800131aff8d9fe13175b1774.png