tikizondo94

Intel UHD 620 QE/CI problems..

108 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, mnfesq said:

I compared my video code in my DSDT and SSDTs with yours.  What I have in an SSDT is in your DSDT.  All except one thing.  My SSDT for _SB.PCI0.IGPU has a _DSM method.  Your DSDT for _SB.PCI0.IGPU does not.  It is not elsewhere in your DSDT or SSDTs.  I added mine from my SSDT to the same location in your DSDT and removed some of the code for devices which your DSDT does not have.  Try it out to see if it does anything.  Just select the DSDT-VID_DSM in Clover options when you boot.  Don't make it your default DSDT.

DSDT-VID_DSM.aml.zip

This is what i get when i boot with the attached DSDT-VID.aml. Then i get the famous stop sign lol. This thing is really being a pain...

IMG_20180711_204518.jpg

Advertisement
40 minutes ago, tikizondo94 said:

This is what i get when i boot with the attached DSDT-VID.aml. Then i get the famous stop sign lol. This thing is really being a pain...

Yeah, that's a step in the wrong direction.  ACPI error.  Never got to the video drivers.

Well I've got some info regarding my laptops monitor connection may be the issue. My internal monitor uses an "eDP" connection. And I've been informed such connections are not well supported with macos. I'm wondering if anyone here with a kabylake-r/uhd 620 has successfully got QE/CI working with an eDP connection. And if so what magic did you need to work..

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

On 7/17/2018 at 9:12 AM, tikizondo94 said:

Well I've got some info regarding my laptops monitor connection may be the issue. My internal monitor uses an "eDP" connection. And I've been informed such connections are not well supported with macos. I'm wondering if anyone here with a kabylake-r/uhd 620 has successfully got QE/CI working with an eDP connection. And if so what magic did you need to work..

See if this will help you.

https://github.com/ZombieTheBest/XPS9350-10.13-HighSierra

2016-11-20

• Correct SKL laptops' internal display connector type from LVDS to eDP credit syscl
Edited by mnfesq

I'll give it a shot! Thank you. I'm still fight my graphics. I've recently been told that my monitor connection eDP may be the issue. But I'm still looking for a way. Seems other people with dells and eDP have got it working somehow. So I still have some hope left lol.

19 minutes ago, tikizondo94 said:

I'll give it a shot! Thank you. I'm still fight my graphics. I've recently been told that my monitor connection eDP may be the issue. But I'm still looking for a way. Seems other people with dells and eDP have got it working somehow. So I still have some hope left lol.

I think I found the patch in config.plist that you may need, but it might need to be changed from Skylake to Kabylake and may therefore need new/different code.  But you can try to ask Syscl what to look for and what to change it to for your set up.  For testing purposes, you can try to use FakeID for Skylake and Skylake's ig-platform-id.

<dict>
	<key>Comment</key>
	<string>eDP, port 0000, 0x19260004 credit syscl</string>
	<key>Disabled</key>
	<false/>
	<key>Find</key>
	<data>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAgAAgAAAJgEAAA=</data>
	<key>Name</key>
	<string>AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer</string>
	<key>Replace</key>
	<data>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAgAAAQAAJgEAAA=</data>
</dict>

Also, check this out:

Edited by mnfesq

Good find. Yeah ive been trying to patch KBLframebuffer kext and have made "slight" headways. Ive found the code based on 0x59160000 "0 0 0 0 1 6 5 9 in Hex. And have tried to modify the LVDS connector to use eDP. The problem im having is im not exactly sure the data im using for eDP is correct. DisplayPort data is "0 0 0 4 0 0 0 0" and eDP "supposedly" is "0 4 0 0 0 0 0 0". But using clover to patch the kext would be a much simpler fix. 

On 7/20/2018 at 1:58 PM, mnfesq said:

I think I found the patch in config.plist that you may need, but it might need to be changed from Skylake to Kabylake and may therefore need new/different code.  But you can try to ask Syscl what to look for and what to change it to for your set up.  For testing purposes, you can try to use FakeID for Skylake and Skylake's ig-platform-id.

<dict>
	<key>Comment</key>
	<string>eDP, port 0000, 0x19260004 credit syscl</string>
	<key>Disabled</key>
	<false/>
	<key>Find</key>
	<data>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAgAAgAAAJgEAAA=</data>
	<key>Name</key>
	<string>AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer</string>
	<key>Replace</key>
	<data>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAgAAAQAAJgEAAA=</data>
</dict>

Also, check this out:

I gave this a try. The only problem was he was using a haswell based cpu. Im using a kabylake-r. The Imac 14.2 had haswells in them. I dont know if i can spoof my machine into thinking its a haswell. I tried just a straight Smbios change to 14.2 iMac. It booted to a black screen. I guess its better than locking at IOScreenLockState lol.