2 posts in this topic

Hello everyone! Last week I received my Broadcom BCM94352Z (model DW1560) from Newegg, installed it into my Dell Inspiron 5558, and I can't get it to work in macOS 10.13.5. I thought that I might have received a knockoff, so I tried it in Linux Mint, and it recognized it as a BCM4352 and worked perfectly! I've tried almost everything I could find online and nothing is working (see below). Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Methods I Tried:

FakePCIID, FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi, BrcmPatchRAM2, BrcmFirmwareRepo

I've also used AirportBrcmFixup and BrcmFirmwareData when injecting with Clover

Laptop Specifications (Closest to MacBookAir 17,1, using SMBIOS for MacBook Pro 12,1)

Intel Core i5-5250U

Intel HD 6000 Graphics

8GB RAM

1 TB Hard Drive

ALC3234 (apparently equivalent to ALC255 according to the net)

Originally Intel Wireless, now BCM94352Z

Advertisement
Posted (edited)
On 6/25/2018 at 11:15 AM, Dakdot said:

Hello everyone! Last week I received my Broadcom BCM94352Z (model DW1560) from Newegg, installed it into my Dell Inspiron 5558, and I can't get it to work in macOS 10.13.5. I thought that I might have received a knockoff, so I tried it in Linux Mint, and it recognized it as a BCM4352 and worked perfectly! I've tried almost everything I could find online and nothing is working (see below). Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Methods I Tried:

FakePCIID, FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi, BrcmPatchRAM2, BrcmFirmwareRepo

I've also used AirportBrcmFixup and BrcmFirmwareData when injecting with Clover

Laptop Specifications (Closest to MacBookAir 17,1, using SMBIOS for MacBook Pro 12,1)

Intel Core i5-5250U

Intel HD 6000 Graphics

8GB RAM

1 TB Hard Drive

ALC3234 (apparently equivalent to ALC255 according to the net)

Originally Intel Wireless, now BCM94352Z

1. You just need 1 BT firmware uploader: BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext on /L/E/ or BrcmFirmwareData.kext on clover. pick one, never both

2. Try to add these on clover config.plist KextsToPatch

<dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>10.11-BT4LE-Handoff-Hotspot-lisai9093</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                SIX/dEdIiwc=
                </data>
                <key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>IOBluetoothFamily</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                Qb4PAAAA60Q=
                </data>
            </dict>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>10.11-BCM94352-Airport-Extreme-skvo</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                axAAAHUN
                </data>
                <false/>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>AirPortBrcm4360</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                axAAAJCQ
                </data>
            </dict>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>10.11-BCM94352-Airport-Extreme-skvo</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                axAAAHUN
                </data>
                <false/>
                <key>Name</key>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                axAAAJCQ
                </data>
            </dict>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>10.12-BCM94352-5GHz-US-FCC-darkvoid</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                gflSqgAAdSk=
                </data>
                <false/>
                <key>Name</key>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                gflSqgAAZpA=
                </data>
            </dict>

Oh, and i don't need AirportBrcmFixup, btw

Edited by rizki_alkaf

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Slice
      I successfully installed macOS 10.11.6 and Windows 7 Pro SP1 in UEFI mode on the laptop.
      I know, there are detailed guides here and on osxlatitude.com but I was not agree with them and carefully check and test every step to tune my Mac.

Hardware
      Intel® Core� i5-3320M CPU @ 2.60GHz, speedstep works with Clover default settings
      Chipset Intel 7 series, no patches needed
      Video: IntelHD4000 or NVS5200M switchable in BIOS, work in both cases
      LAN; Intel 82579LM, works with IntelMausiEthernet.kext v2.2.1
      Audio: IDT 92HD93BXX, works with VoodooHDA 2.9.0.
      SDHC reader O2Micro; works with native AppleSDHC.kext with Clover Arbitrary properties.
      USB3.0 works natively if not disabled in DSDT
      PS2 keyboard and touchpad works with VoodooPS2.
      WiFi: Dell Intel WiFi was replaced by Dell DW1520, Broadcom BCM943224HMS. DeviceID=4353
      LCD Screen 1366x768
      BIOS A12. Initially was A02. Then I flashed A23 and found it is quite bad. The screen is full of artefacts. Flash A12 and all is OK. Not tested other versions.
      For some reason BIOS can switched from Intel to Nvidia by itself so I have to do my solution working independent on this state.

WiFi
      It is not working OOB although it has DeviceID known to Apple. The reason is WhiteList in the driver.
      I set MacModel as MacBookPro10,1 while the WiFi will work on MacBookAir. I make a patch in Clover.
      As well a patch for channels.
      I deleted a kext Brcm4331 because it has the same DeviceID. Let kext Brcm4360 to work alone.

VideoCards
      In Bios we can set Optimus = Enable/Disable
      If Enable then we have two videocards Intel first and Nvidia second. In this case additional SSDT-3.aml will switch off Nvidia.
      If Disable then we have only Nvidia card. It will work if Board-ID taken from iMac13,2.
      But here there is contradiction with WiFi with required Board-ID from MacBookAir.
      So I take MacModel as MacBookPro10,1 which is most close by CPU IvyBridge.
      Set BoardID like iMac13,2 to make Nvidia working.
      Patch BoardID in Brcm4360 to make WiFi working.
      Now I have
      Inject->
      ->Intel=YES
      ->Nvidia=YES
      and SSDT-3.aml in ACPI\patched folder. This SSDT will switch off Nvidia if Intel card ON.
      For Intel graphics there is a patch against 8 apples at start.

Brightness
      No special kexts.
      The brightness controlled by keys F1,F2 and slider in Control Panel in both case Intel or Nvidia. Details here  #72 

DSDT and SSDT
      This is very long story and finally I have working sleep in both cases Intel or Nvidia.

Sensors
      I use my HWSensors3 with FakeSMC 3.5.0.
      I got monitoring:
      CPU temperature
      GPU temperature
      GPU main frequency
      GPU shader frequency
      Battery state % full, time to charged or time to empty.
      Battery voltage dinamically.
      Battery amperage dynamically. I can see it changes on heavy games.
      HDD temperature.

Audio
      I like VoodooHDA and have no problems with it.
      The sound is clear, loud, and switchable between internal speaker and headphone.
      Mic is working.

Bluetooth
      Just tested with BTFirmwareUpdate.kext and it works. I not needed it so switched off by wireless switch at right side.

Keyboard, Touchpad and Touchstick
      Post #14

My config, ACPI files and kexts are in attachment.
      EFI.7z

EDITED:
      Better DSDT in the post #6.
      Sleep working even when AC inserted.

EDITED 06.12.2018
      Now I have HighSierra and this is my EFI folder

Welcome to discussion!
      EFI-E6430.7z
    • By fusion71au
      Clover r4799 ISO compiled with GCC and minimal config.plist compatible for use in VMWare Workstation.

Tested with unlocked Workstation 15 running OSX 10.9 -->10.14 guest in Windows X64 host.

Installation
      1. Download and unzip "EFI_Clover_r4799 for VMware.zip". Mount Clover-v2.4k-4799-X64 by double clicking on it.
      2. Mount your VM's EFI System Partition eg in terminal
      sudo diskutil mount disk0s1   3. Copy EFI folder from step 1 into the EFI partition
      4. Shutdown the VM, add bios.bootDelay = "3000" to your VM's vmx file
      5. Reboot your VM, press <F2> to access the VMware Boot Manager and add CLOVERX64.efi to the boot menu.

Substitute your own unique and valid MLB and ROM variables in the /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist (Rt Variables section) to activate iMessage/Facetime on your VM.
    • By grisno
      This is a preliminary Mac OS driver installer for laptop HP Pavilion G6-2209SS with support for dual boot Bootloader. Maybe it can be installed on other HP Pavillion G6 series laptops, but in some cases additional fixes will have to be made.

I want to thank the whole community for their efforts and content provided, because without these it would not be possible to create this installer.

I would appreciate comments and suggestions!!

CPU : OK Intel Core i3-2370MAUDIO : OK IDT 92HD87B2/4 (111d:76d9) Layer 3 & 12 (Speakers+Hearphones+LineIn+MicInt w/NoiseFilter+MicExt+HDMI)VIDEO : OK Intel HD Graphics 3000 (8086:0116) (LVDS + HDMI A/V + VGA) (VGA MacOS < 10.8.2)MEMORY : OK Intel 2nd Generation Core Proccesor DRAM Controller (8086:0104) (Dual Channel DDR3 Up To 16GB)SATA : OK Intel 7 Series Chipset Family SATA Controller (8086:1e03) (ACHI Mode)DVD : OK (Read & Write)USB 2.0 : OK Intel 7/C216 Chipset Family USB Enhaced Host Controller (8086:1e26 & 8086:1e2d)USB 3.0 : OK Intel 7/C216 Chipset Family USB xHCI Host Controller (08086:1e31)WEBCAM : OK HP TrueVision HD (SuYin) (064e:e263) [USB 2.0]KEYBOARD : OK PS/2TRACKPAD : OK PS/2 SynapticsLAN : OK Realtek RTL8501E Fast/Gigabyte Ethernet Controller PCI Express (10ec:103c) *AIRPORT : KO MediaTek RT3290 PCI Express (1814:3290) (Not Supported)BLUETOOTH : KO MediaTek RT3290 PCI Express (1814:3298) (Not Supported)CREADER : OK Realtek RTS5229 PCI Express (10ec:5229) (10.12.5+) ***ACPI BAT : OK (Chameleon & Clover)ACPI PWR : OK (Chameleon & Clover)ACPI RST : OK (Chameleon & Clover)ACPI SLP : OK (Chameleon & Clover) **ACPI WAK : OK (Chameleon & Clover) **HIBERNATE : OK (Only Clover Bootloader w/Hibernatemode: 0, 21 & 29)IMESSAGE : OK (Chameleon & Clover)FACETIME : OK (Chameleon & Clover)ICLOUD : OK (Chameleon & Clover)APPSTORE : OK (Chameleon & Clover)ITUNES : OK (A/V DRM Content & Sync iPod/iPhone)SIRI : OKCMOS : OKRTC : OKLPC : OK Intel HM76 Express LPC Controller (8086:1e44)SMBUS : OK Intel 7/C216 Chipset Family SMBus Controller (8086:1e22)IMEI : OK Intel 7/C216 Chipset Family MEI Controller (8086:131a)GPT PART. : OK (Chameleon & Clover) (10.13+ APFS Not Tested)MBR PART. : Not Tested
      Known Issues:

- AppleRTL8169Ethernet: phyWaitForAutoNegotiation TIMEOUT. *
      - AppleRTL8169Ethernet: only work to 10Mbits. *
      - You can't wake up the system when the laptop uses the battery and the system disk is a USB hard drive. **
      - You can't wake up the system from PS/2 Keyboard/Trackpad. **
      - The Wifi MediaTek RT3290 (1814:3290) device are not supported.
      - The Bluetooth MediaTek RT3290 (1814:3298) device are not supported.
      - The PCIe CardReader Realtek RTS5229 (10ec:5229) device are not supported. *** (10.12.5-)
      - Stop working when sleep with inserted card. *** (10.12.5+)

Coming soon:

- Create unified installer for all Mac OS versions
      - Manual: How To Install Wifi Card Blacklisted In HP UEFI BIOS
      - Manual: How To Install OSX Without Destroying Windows 8.x Partition
    • By yehia2amer
      Dell Precision T7610 Workstation
      Hackintosh GUIDE (Work in Progress)

Introduction: 
      Hi Everyone,
      This Workstation used to be a Beast with Dual CPUs and tons of RAM, I Know it is now normal to get that much cores in a Desktop but it is still a very decent machine for me (As a Programmer), and I thought it would be a good idea to Install MacOS as the Daily Driver Rather than Linux and It turns out to be a very Great Experience (with Some Challenges ).

Specs:
      CPU: 2x Xeon E5-2680 v2 2.8GHz Ten Core Processors RAM: 128 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Memory GPU: ATI Radeon HD 4870 Chipset: Intel C602 Audio: Realtek ALC3220 (ALC280) High Definition Audio SAS Drive Controllers (RAID): LSI 2308 SATA/SAS 6Gb/s controller with host based RAID 0, 1, 10 (4  Network Controller 1: Intel 82579 Gigabit Ethernet controller with Remote Wake UP, PXE and Jumbo frames support
      Network Controller 2: Intel Ethernet Controller I210
      NEC USB3.0 xHCI Controller: Renesas Electronics uPD720201 & uPD720202

Working:
      Both "Xeon E5-2680 v2" and all cores with Power Management and P-States (using VoodooTSCSync & ssdtPRGen.sh) ATI Radeon HD 4870 (Vanilla) Realtek ALC3220 (ALC280)  (using VoodooHDA till Now - it is partially working with AppleALC using layout-id 13) LSI 2308 SAS (using AstekFusion2) Intel 82579 Network Controller (Vanilla) Intel I210 Network Controller (IntelMausiEthernet) USB 2.0  
      Not Working:
      NEC USB3.0 xHCI Controller (Renesas Electronics uPD720201 & uPD720202) Sleep  
      https://github.com/yehia2amer/Dell-Precision-T7610-Workstation-Hackintosh-Guide