401 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, blackosx said:

Badges=swap is not working.

screenshot0.thumb.png.0b7b89951d4a82036b6d4083000fa636.png

I tried a quick debug this morning but log didn't show anything. I'll need to take a deeper look when I get time.

EDIT: Would this be issue with theme or Clover?

Screenshot looks like embedded theme. Where is background? Where is text? Something wrong here.

Advertisement

Screenshot is from an edited/testing version of Clovy theme that I’m playing with. But the same happens with official version of Clovy from Clover package.

Does badges=swap work for you?

1 hour ago, blackosx said:

Screenshot is from an edited/testing version of Clovy theme that I’m playing with. But the same happens with official version of Clovy from Clover package.

Does badges=swap work for you?

Not tested yet.

Choosing to use the code at line #199 in VectorGraphics.c with the Clovy theme:

#if 0
  BltImageAlpha(NewImage,
                (int)(UGAWidth - NewImage->Width) / 2,
                (int)(UGAHeight * 0.05f),
                &MenuBackgroundPixel,
                16);
//  WaitForKeyPress(L"waiting for key press...\n");
#endif

I can see all os_icons are read correctly from the theme and drawn to screen. So all good at this point.

So the issue is somewhere later...

52 minutes ago, blackosx said:

@Slice.

Please check line #547 in image.c

Changing this to 

UnicodeStrToAsciiStrS(ptr, IconName, Size - 1);

Allows os_moj to become os_moja, os_sno to become os_snow and so on. Results in this..

830790631_Screenshot2018-11-07at19_00_37.thumb.png.82beddfb4908245bc039d0c7a84cd4f5.png

Thanks! You are right, my mistake.

I committed this in 4743

I used vector themes in 4k display and the icon was small.

If we can add CloverHIDPI option or adjust with high resolution automatically such ad UIScale.

Thanks.

screenshot1.png

1 hour ago, gujiangjiang said:

I used vector themes in 4k display and the icon was small.

If we can add CloverHIDPI option or adjust with high resolution automatically such ad UIScale.

Thanks.

screenshot1.png

Sorry, I didn't understand how it is possible. Show, please preboot.log (by F2) and tell me what is the "virtual resolution" for the graphics. Where can I add HIDPI?

It is vector theme or just embedded? I see no background gradient. And font is not the same.

27 minutes ago, Slice said:

Sorry, I didn't understand how it is possible. Show, please preboot.log (by F2) and tell me what is the "virtual resolution" for the graphics. Where can I add HIDPI?

My boot.log.

My real resolution is 3840x2160 and i hope virtual resolution to 1980x1080(HiDPI) in CloverGUI.So that the icon and text in CloverGUI will not be too small.

Previously the theme was PNG format, and now it is vector theme that can adapt to any resolution and scaling requirements without blur. The same theme does not need to be designed separately for x1, x2. and we only need to design single theme file to use it for all devices with different resolutions, but for high-resolution users, such as 4K or 8K users, if you don't scale it, the icons and text will be very small, so my idea is that the same theme can adapt to different resolutions, but with the scaling mechanism same as HiDPI.

bootlog.txt

Edited by gujiangjiang

1 hour ago, gujiangjiang said:

My boot.log.

My real resolution is 3840x2160 and i hope virtual resolution to 1980x1080(HiDPI) in CloverGUI.So that the icon and text in CloverGUI will not be too small.

Previously the theme was PNG format, and now it is vector theme that can adapt to any resolution and scaling requirements without blur. The same theme does not need to be designed separately for x1, x2. and we only need to design single theme file to use it for all devices with different resolutions, but for high-resolution users, such as 4K or 8K users, if you don't scale it, the icons and text will be very small, so my idea is that the same theme can adapt to different resolutions, but with the scaling mechanism same as HiDPI.

bootlog.txt

You were not using "Clovy/Theme.svg" (Vector) but "embedded" (Bitmap):

0:130  0:003  === [ GetListOfThemes ] ===================================
0:134  0:004  - [00]: random
0:141  0:007  - [00]: embedded
0:147  0:006  - [00]: BootCamp
0:154  0:007  - [01]: newyear
0:160  0:006  - [02]: christmas
.....  .....
6:524  0:000  === [ InitTheme ] =========================================
6:524  0:000   using embedded theme
6:524  0:000  Using embedded font: Success
6:524  0:000  theme inited
6:524  0:000  Chosen embedded theme

Edited by Badruzeus

Hi

Same issue here with Clover 4745 on 1920*1080 screen resolution. EDIT: why there is a grey bar on right side?

screenshot0.png

Edited by Matgen84

Just now, Matgen84 said:

Same issue here with Clover 4745 on 1920*1080 screen

Oh, I just realized that got gray space on left side of screen, but yours is on the right side.

Just now, Badruzeus said:

Oh, I just realized that got gray space on left side of screen, but yours is on the right side.

In previous version, grey bar is on left side!! on my screen

I have to correct that using Clovy/Theme.svg from r4745 commits; above issue occurred even with Clover r4743.

I think the issue was from last changes on *.svg file itself?

Yeah. Latest Clovy theme has OSBadges group with just badge icons rather than complete icon. Similar to Ozmosis theme. I've been trying to understand Clovy theme structure etc.. but while its still under development it keeps changing.

EDIT:

I've been trying to put an initial BGM_SVG theme together by following Clovy structure.  I gotta start somewhere ;P

screenshot.jpg.ab9bf39dd84b830d7c491aeb3ae47442.jpg

Edited by blackosx

Hmmb, #imho vectorized complex bitmap is weird for result, at least on closer look.

I'm considering to make vector theme from Material; but plz anyone fix current issue with func_icons allignment 1st.

Yes, a vector version of a complex bitmap is difficult to achieve, especially while trying to keep the path count down, but I'm going to at least try to end up with a half decent result. Of course, a vector version of a clean and simple theme like material is best suited and will render far quicker too.

I'm sure a function icon alignment fix will come soon.

3 minutes ago, blackosx said:

For me, embedded PNG images, goes against the whole idea of scalable vector graphics. Though I understand why people may want it.

I'm considering the theme's size produced with embedded PNG, though Clovy vector theme is bigger (7xx KB) than my BeautyDark (5xx KB) bitmap theme. But SVG theme wins for it's scalability if 4KDisplay=true hah haa