Jump to content

425 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, apianti said:

Install Xcode from the app store and it includes a plist editor, so when you just open your config.plist it will open in the plist editor.

Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement

Kinda relevant but kinda not. How can I correct my bios time to local time and stop macOS from changing it so that my themes change colour at the right times.

 

I ask because if I set my Timezone in GUI to +10.30 (South Australia Daylight Savings time) at 6:30 pm local time I get the dark (night) GUI for BGM_SVG instead of the daylight one. So I must be doing something wrong. If I add +10.30 to my bios time it is correct with local time but after booting into macOS my bios reverts back. So my question is how to make either macOS use local time and not change bios or what Timezone information do I need to add to clover GUI to make it local time.

 

Found a fix for macOS to bring it inline with other operating systems.

https://github.com/oxycoder/TimeHaxk

With this i can set my bios to local time and macOS uses bios time instead of changing it to UTC.

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

Edited by SavageAUS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Timezone in Clover should be integer value, sorry! You have to set 10 or 11 and see daylight from 8:30 to 20:30 in local time. 

Thanks Slice, So for my Timezone +10:30 what would I need to add?

I don’t see integer in Xcode or plistedit pro

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

Thanks Slice, So for my Timezone +10:30 what would I need to add?

I don’t see integer in Xcode or plistedit pro

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Снимок экрана 2018-12-22 в 13.25.33.png

but I have to repeat: not 10.30!!!! Set "10".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

Kinda relevant but kinda not. How can I correct my bios time to local time and stop macOS from changing it so that my themes change colour at the right times.

 

I ask because if I set my Timezone in GUI to +10.30 (South Australia Daylight Savings time) at 6:30 pm local time I get the dark (night) GUI for BGM_SVG instead of the daylight one. So I must be doing something wrong. If I add +10.30 to my bios time it is correct with local time but after booting into macOS my bios reverts back. So my question is how to make either macOS use local time and not change bios or what Timezone information do I need to add to clover GUI to make it local time.

 

Found a fix for macOS to bring it inline with other operating systems.

https://github.com/oxycoder/TimeHaxk

With this i can set my bios to local time and macOS uses bios time instead of changing it to UTC.

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

 

You should have changed Windows to use UTC time as almost every OS does this with hardware time, except windows, and apparently ubuntu (and its derivatives) when windows is present. Set HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation\RealTimeIsUniversal=1 in registry. Also even if you wanted a half hour offset, that would be 10.5, but it only uses integers, so as slice said, choose 10 or 11.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have added config screenshot where are visible setting for theme Clovy.

 

Theme switches from night mode to day mode at 09.00 (GMT+1). Is there a possibility to change this to an earlier time.

Thanks in advance for help.

 

 

Clovy.png

Edited by luky35

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Slice

 

Vector themes are currently drawn differently depending on whether the selection is on top or not.

 

Clovy theme has:
- bounding box for selection_big set at 144px wide
- bounding box for OSIcons set at 128px wide
- SelectionOnTop="0"


As SelectionOnTop is not set

 

In ParseSVGIcon()

https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/code/4819/tree/rEFIt_UEFI/libeg/VectorGraphics.c#l107

 

MainEntriesSize is taken from selection_big so ends up being 144px. But, row0TileSize is then also set to the same 144px which results in the following layout, which as Badruzeus pointed out, is not centred.

 

1_Clover_Proper_Clovy_Proper_BELOW.thumb.jpg.3f040426629963905ea85a760c783bfd.jpg


However, if I change:
SelectionOnTop="1"

 

In ParseSVGTheme()

https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/code/4819/tree/rEFIt_UEFI/libeg/VectorGraphics.c#l406

 

row0TileSize is set to 144px * scale and MainEntriesSize is set to 128px * scale which results in this layout which is centred.

 

2_Clover_Proper_Clovy_TOP.thumb.jpg.f002720c911c99d2dca698a3d01cc7c8.jpg


Which is the intended correct result?

 

Edited by blackosx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sure, visually.


But I think what I meant with my question was is it correct that Clovy's selection_big BoundingRect (144px) is larger then the actual selection image (128px)?

 

940499225_Screenshot2018-12-23at22_44_21.png.c677e6a44ea8c080879969fcdd2af13a.png

 

This, in turn then sets row0TileSize (as selection is below) to the same size of the BoundingRect which affects the spacing when drawn.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, probably not. I personally think that the design of the vector themes is wrong. It really shouldn't rely on specific sizes since the whole point of the vector themes is to scale appropriately across any display size. It should rely on percentages of how much the screen an item should use, relying on specific sizes is going to cause problems because you'll have to use those sizes for each item. This is the exact issue with raster themes currently. I think there just is not enough understanding that this should be done like a web layout. Even more still a very strange size was selected for the default screen size, one that is not supported by every display... If this was to be done this way, the correct size should have been 1024x768, since it is the only size that needs to be required by the drawing protocols. But like I said, I'm not even going to attempt to do anything with the GUI anymore, it's beyond a mess and SVG support is severely crippled. I am of the belief that just because something exists and is easy to incorporate does not make it the best choice, or even a good choice against writing something the way you need it to behave....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, apianti said:

Change the timezone to a different offset like if you want it to happen at 0500, then choose -3.

I set Timezone yesterday to config.plist at -3.
Now in Slovenia, 07.40 in the morning, even the Clovy theme is not confused, but it still says the night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, apianti said:

Oh, probably not. I personally think that the design of the vector themes is wrong. It really shouldn't rely on specific sizes since the whole point of the vector themes is to scale appropriately across any display size. It should rely on percentages of how much the screen an item should use, relying on specific sizes is going to cause problems because you'll have to use those sizes for each item. This is the exact issue with raster themes currently. I think there just is not enough understanding that this should be done like a web layout. Even more still a very strange size was selected for the default screen size, one that is not supported by every display... If this was to be done this way, the correct size should have been 1024x768, since it is the only size that needs to be required by the drawing protocols. But like I said, I'm not even going to attempt to do anything with the GUI anymore, it's beyond a mess and SVG support is severely crippled. I am of the belief that just because something exists and is easy to incorporate does not make it the best choice, or even a good choice against writing something the way you need it to behave....

 

You are totally right, but we have what we have so that's what I've got to play with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the case of SelectionOnTop we have no selection-big and so can't use it as row0 entry size.

We can use boundingRect but we have many possible row0 icons. Which one should be used to measure geometry?

May be claim os_mac to be obligatory and use its geometry? Or vol_internal? I am not sure. os-mac can be used for badges so it can have smaller size.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, luky35 said:

I set Timezone yesterday to config.plist at -3.
Now in Slovenia, 07.40 in the morning, even the Clovy theme is not confused, but it still says the night.

Slovenia is not -3, it is +3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He said that he set it to +1 and it changed at 0900, so he already has firmware hardware time that is same as localtime, I was just giving an example that if he wanted to change it to earlier that he needs to change the offset to subtract from 0800. Now he will get 1100 as daytime since before he said +1 was changing at 0900. He does not need a timezone to get change at 0800.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because

 

In ParseSVGIcon()

 

https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/code/4819/tree/rEFIt_UEFI/libeg/VectorGraphics.c#l107

 

MainEntriesSize is taken from selection_big so ends up being 144px. But, row0TileSize is then also set to the same 144px which is not correct and results in the icons not being centred.  

But Clovy will be centred if SelectionOnTop="1"

 

BTW. Merry Christmas Slice

 

 

 

Edited by blackosx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been waiting to say it, you jerks already having Christmas, finally just turned here.... Merry Christmas! lol

 

27 minutes ago, Slice said:

There is a good idea to provide different themes with different sounds

https://github.com/Goldfish64/AudioPkg

 

Oh my will this be a disaster to maintain, so many audio devices.... But cool.

Edited by apianti

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Slice said:

Slovenia is not -3, it is +3.


Try to use +7 and -7 but get Night Theme with "BGM_SVG".

Where did i get wrong???

i am in indonesia, now is 14.25
image.thumb.png.9ceaa42077e445b7b402033667b7291b.png

screenshot0.thumb.png.18ae78e068acd711a6b2f940e5c77413.png

Edited by Andres ZeroCross

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By cvad
      View File Bootdisk Utility
      Make bootable USB Flash Disk for MAC OS X with Latest Clover bootloader revision fast and easy by one click! under OS Windows.
      Special utility from cvad & russian MAC community for new hackintosh users.
       
      Enjoy...
       
      For more information and complete instructions please see this topic.
       
      Anyone who likes the program, please support its Community Score.
       
       
      Feel free to "Rate File"
      Submitter cvad Submitted 04/28/2013 Category Bootloaders  
    • By cvad
      Make bootable USB Flash Disk for MAC OS X with Latest Clover bootloader revision fast and easy by one click! under OS Windows.
      Special utility from cvad & russian MAC community for new hackintosh users.
       
      Enjoy...
       
      For more information and complete instructions please see this topic.
       
      Anyone who likes the program, please support its Community Score.
       
       
      Feel free to "Rate File"
    • By mavifree
      Sir 
      I am new in this, i try to make my hp laptop in hackintosh but i facing some error in clover boot manager while installing but unable to understand it. I really try hard but not able to get there, something i noticed that i facing same kind of error every time. I just watched youtube and visitied so forum like tonymac86, InsanelyMac, Noobsplanate and so on but nothing solved. So Please Please I Request All of You If you can help me to resolve my problem.
      Here Is my Laptop Specs:
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      Laptop : HP cs2082tx
      Mobo : HP84C1
      Southbridge : Coffee Lake-U/Y PCH
      CPU : Intel Core i5 8265U @ 1.60GHz Kaby Lake- U/Y
      Ram : 8 Gb
      HDD : 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD
      Graphics : Intel UHD Graphic 620 with nvidia MX250
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------
       
      I even don't is my laptop is compatible or not, and don't have MacBook or Mac Desktop so if you can provide important driver and other stuff for installation. I really be very thankful to you.
      Please Reply me if any other information about my laptop hardware i will attached it i only have this info right now. 
       
      and i here attached my screenshot while installation error in clover.
      Sorry for my English.
       
      Please Help Me 
       



×