Wake issue after 10.13.5 update

Foxic

8 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, I'm having an issue with my main hack (spec in signature).

After updating to 10.13.5 I'm having an issue where the system wakes to a black screen. I know the system is running and logged in as I can see my shared folders become available over my network.

This is the first time I've ever had an issue with sleep/wake.

I've tried using the nvidia web drivers which makes no difference. I've updated to the latest version of clover with no change.

I've tried darkwake=0 which only works with ncpi=2000 or I get an instant reboot on boot. Darkwake has no effect on this problem though it does stop the system from sleeping reliably.

in short, nothing I've tried works. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Config.plist and DSDT attached

Thanks

config.plist.zip

DSDT.aml.zip

• 4 weeks later...

I’ve now been struggling with this for a month.

i have tried NvidiaGraphicsFixup & Lilu with and without the web driver, with and without ngfxpatch=pikera 

darkwake, darkwake yes/no/1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11

nothing makes any difference.

something has changed between 10.13.4 and 10.13.5.

does anyone have any clues at all as to what would be causing this?

Unfortunately I am having the same problem and I just updated a couple of days ago. I've tried the similar steps you have with now luck. I was thinking about trying to get the MacOS Nvidia driver to work rather than the web-driver to see if that fixes it. I'll report back tomorrow.

The CSM enable didn't help (mine was already enabled). This is fairly annoying as I can't even turn off my monitors or it will do the same. I am now shutting down the computer at night. Oh well. I might try using and older Nvidia driver to see if that is possibly the issue.

Nice, that is good news. I tried using the web drivers from 10.13.3/4/5 and there's no change.

I had about given up hope on my 480GTX 

Edited by Foxic