KGP-iMacPro

iMac Pro X299 - live the future new with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Successful Guide]

142 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)
On 4/19/2019 at 11:20 AM, fabiosun said:

I am new with sage 10g configuration and I have had no particular problem in setting it in a basic way. I use to feed also that connector because system could benefit of it in case (as you say) of an extreme OC, but also if you populate more PCIEX slot (in my case some time with a spare GFX or thunderbolt EX card or PCIEX NVME card)

In case I would feed it (if no extra power need it is also safe to have it connected)

@fabiosun,

I tried now to also use 3rd EATX connector as you recommended, but my system gets irresponsive after system boot and login under Windows and macOS with such configuration. 

Edited by KGP-iMacPro

Advertisement
3 hours ago, fabiosun said:

Hi @KGP-iMacPro

i am sorry for that but it is very weird this behaviour in your system and if you have some spare time you should have to investigate it

many Asus motherboard have those spare connector in different form (molex,Eatx) and asus advice to connect them

i have connected with a simple gfx pciex connector as one i use for my gfx (6 pin connector)

i have no done any test without it

In photo you can see a WS x299 Sage (no 10G) of a friend of mine he uses to full fill all pciex slot with different things :)

happy holidays to you and all people here

Screen Shot 2019-04-21 at 8.47.39 AM.png

Yea.. was using a simple PCIEX cable too. Will further investigate the problems I faced with it. Thanks for your answer and happy holidays to you too! 

Posted (edited)

IMG_2541.thumb.jpg.c71f28e77c96ed049a0e60cb942d8926.jpg

This is system of mine. sorry for dust and cable management :)

Slot 1 empty, in 2 ThunderboltEx 3 and in slot 3 my GFX

OT

Your Titan Ridge could work in different slot? have you installed in this rig?

I am asking because I have a strange a not well documented " feature" using tb in that mandatory slot for Asus card

Edited by fabiosun

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

IMG_2541.thumb.jpg.c71f28e77c96ed049a0e60cb942d8926.jpg

This is system of mine. sorry for dust and cable management :)

Slot 1 empty, in 2 ThunderboltEx 3 and in slot 3 my GFX

OT

Your Titan Ridge could work in different slot? have you installed in this rig?

I am asking because I have a strange a not well documented " feature" using tb in that mandatory slot for Asus card

I have TTR in slot-2 from above as recommended by ASUS for the X299 Sage. As far I know, TB adapters just work in this slot assigned to PCH lanes. Also in BIOS TB settings it is the only option available. 

In slot-1, I use now a EK water blocked VII without problems, in slot-3, I have my OSX WIFI and in slot-5, I use a water blocked NVMe PCIe adapter for my EVO 970 Pro. 

Edited by KGP-iMacPro

7 minutes ago, KGP-iMacPro said:

I have TTR in slot-2 from above as recommended by ASUS for the X299 Sage. As far I know, TB adapters just work in this slot assigned to PCH lanes. Also in BIOS TB settings it is the only option available. 

In slot-1, I use now a EK water blocked VII without problems, in slot-3, I have my OSX WIFI and in slot-5, I use a water blocked NVMe PCIe adapter for my EVO 970 Pro. 

In this TTR slot condition have you a working USB 3.1 as you can see in attachment?

I can't find any documentation that with thunderbolt card inserted in slot 2 I loose 2 back USB port .

It seems they are shared with slot 2 but I can't find any documentation (I have had same behavior in my previous X99 system so I define it a feature :)

Obviously USB thunderbolt port are working well

Screen Shot 2019-04-21 at 12.01.14 PM.png

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

In this TTR slot condition have you a working USB 3.1 as you can see in attachment?

I can't find any documentation that with thunderbolt card inserted in slot 2 I loose 2 back USB port .

It seems they are shared with slot 2 but I can't find any documentation (I have had same behavior in my previous X99 system so I define it a feature :)

Obviously USB thunderbolt port are working well

Screen Shot 2019-04-21 at 12.01.14 PM.png

That's weird and does not happen in my case. Just checked on that. 

490689502_Screenshot2019-04-21at12_17_06.png.26dd2b5e3dd947f083c315dd6a435e52.png

SD1-T0500D is external Dell 500 MB Tunderbolt3 NVMe and Trident is USB 3.1 Type-C. All 4 back panel USB3.0 ports are working too. Just realised that I mounted the motherboard such that one of the silver contact plates for the USB3.1 Type-A connector accidentally blocks the latter, thus I cannot test it at present, but I am sure it would work too.

IMG_4031.thumb.jpg.ee64b07aa6f4efb8a6d7f92ca1309c0c.jpg

Edited by KGP-iMacPro

Posted (edited)

All 4 back panel USB3.0 are working well for me also..I have no working USB3.1 type a and C  if TB card is inserted in slot 2 I have no working motherboard USB3.1 Gen1 type a and C I(left ethernet rj connector placed)

Without TB card they are fine...Maybe Titan Ridge card has a better management..I don't know for now

thank you for your confirmation

Edited by fabiosun

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

All 4 back panel USB3.0 are working well for me also..I have no working USB3. if TB card is inserted in slot 2 I have no working motherboard USB3.1 Gen1 type a and C I(left ethernet rj connector placed)

Without TB card they are fine...Maybe Titan Ridge card has a better management..I don't know for now

thank you for your confirmation

Maybe some other PCIe slot I did not populate but you did is using PCIe lanes assigned to the two USB 3.1 back panel connectors? I don't think that the two USB 3.1 back panel connectors are using PCH lanes assigned to Slot-2, when using any x4 TB adapter in this latter slot. I would be also surprised if the else quite sophisticated PCIe/PCH lane management of the Sage would have conflicting lanes  assigned twice to two respective devices. 

My problem is now how to get the silver contact plate actually  blocking my USB3.1 Type-A connector in its place without removing everything incl. water blocking :construction: 

Edited by KGP-iMacPro

Posted (edited)

BTW.. there is another Boost of approx. 6000 in Skylake-X Geekbench scores either related with 10.14.5 Public Betas or recent modifications within the latest Geekbench software distribution.

Screenshot.thumb.png.fd3ff24eb2b6bae7d6070e9a74bc63be.png

1044937749_Screenshot2019-04-20at11_55_25.thumb.png.494d15278dfa78a5e705cabcf6077503.png

And that's just with a turbo clock ratio of 47 and CPU core ratio set to Sync All Corse but everything else related to CPU OC just on Auto in BIOS and even SVID enabled.  Nobody should mimic such benchmarks though without extensiv custom water blocking! 

Edited by KGP-iMacPro

@fabiosun,

just found the source for the problem of irresponsive Windows and macOS functionality, which was not at all related with populating the 3rd EATX onbaord connector but related with a BIOS feature I changed in parallel. 

Apparently, with Above 4G enabled, Frist VGA 4G Decode must be set to Auto, as else with Frist VGA 4G Decode set to Above 4G, Windows and macOS behave irresponsive after system boot. 

@KGP-iMacPro

I am happy you found the source of irresponsive system..and also very happy is not caused from my indication to connect 3rd EATX power connector :)

Also I found the reason of my usb 3.1 problem..it was a combination of cable problem and mounting problem of my back plate...so now I have a full functionality of also those usb connection

Very happy of this motherboard , it is more simple to configure respect my old Designare ex motherboard and I have a full working sleep / wake without doing anything of strange things..also it seems I can avoid the use of TSC kext in other 

I have a minor cosmetic problem because I am using a PCIEx card adapter for my nvme 960 pro, in it I have windows and OSX sees it with an orange icon , if I put it on a M2 connector it is grey as it should be.

With old x299 designare ex I have not this "cosmetic" problem.

if you have time also take a look at your image I reposted here

1040741183_ScreenShot2019-04-21at6_28_27PM.png.e424d7f85318675c5b7c16292e427434.png

metal on light blue is not good I think

you can't insert there any usb peripheral because back plate metal is on connector

this was part of my "mounting problem"

44 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

if you have time also take a look at your image I reposted here

1040741183_ScreenShot2019-04-21at6_28_27PM.png.e424d7f85318675c5b7c16292e427434.png

metal on light blue is not good I think

you can't insert there any usb peripheral because back plate metal is on connector

this was part of my "mounting problem"

Yea.. that's what I said, I should remove everything and properly replug the motherboard, which however is a major endeavour because of my custom water blocking :w00t: 

1 hour ago, fabiosun said:

@KGP-iMacPro

I am happy you found the source of irresponsive system..and also very happy is not caused from my indication to connect 3rd EATX power connector :)

Also I found the reason of my usb 3.1 problem..it was a combination of cable problem and mounting problem of my back plate...so now I have a full functionality of also those usb connection

Very happy of this motherboard , it is more simple to configure respect my old Designare ex motherboard and I have a full working sleep / wake without doing anything of strange things..also it seems I can avoid the use of TSC kext in other 

I have a minor cosmetic problem because I am using a PCIEx card adapter for my nvme 960 pro, in it I have windows and OSX sees it with an orange icon , if I put it on a M2 connector it is grey as it should be.

With old x299 designare ex I have not this "cosmetic" problem.

Great that you removed all USB3.1 issues :thumbsup_anim:

Interesting.. I never tried to boot without any TSC kext with this motherboard. I will see what happens in my case. 

Are you using SSDT for NVMe in PCIEx card adapter? 

1400137911_Screenshot2019-04-21at19_22_45.png.44dff67ba753ff1597cfddbab388eb0c.png

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

No

No SSDT at all, basic EFI, few kext used in EFI/CLOVER/Others no more only trim patch and some rename..

Well if you ever want to use any: https://github.com/KGP/X299-System-SSDTs/tree/master/ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G 

But in this case you should also add additional ACPI replacements implemented in the config.plist of my EFI-Folder distribution: https://github.com/KGP/X299-EFI-Folder-Distributions

Edited by KGP-iMacPro

Posted (edited)
New createInstaller.sh scripts for macOS Mojave 10.14.4 (18E226) and macOS Mojave 10.14.4 (18E2034) - special build

Apple recently changed the index for macOS Mojave 10.14.4 (18E226) on http://swcdn.apple.com/, although resulting Install macOS Mojave.app version remains 14.4.08.

347327691_Screenshot2019-04-23at16_12_36.thumb.png.8005338a73baa1ca42fe0be5c3ca8488.png

I therefore expect the respective macOS Mojave 10.14.4 build still to be 18E226.

Respective changes for macOS Mojave 10.14.4 (18E226) on http://swcdn.apple.com/ also required minor modifications of createInstall.sh for Mojave 10.14.4 (18E2034), which else also still reveals receptive Install macOS Mojave.app version 14.4.10. 

Corresponding Update of Section D.2) completed. New versions of createInstaller-10.14.4-23042019.sh.zip and  createInstaller-10.14.4-SB-23042019.sh have been linked in the guide in the originating post of this thread. 

Enjoy and have fun,

kgp.png.f3eb6f1707f72f1a15c8faab1a42573a.png

Edit: Update of createInstaller-10.14.4-SB-23042019.sh as I accidentally renamed and linked old file before. 
Edited by KGP-iMacPro

On 4/22/2019 at 3:19 AM, KGP-iMacPro said:

Yea.. that's what I said, I should remove everything and properly replug the motherboard, which however is a major endeavour because of my custom water blocking :w00t: 

I made exactly the same mistake. Honestly, just gently bend the overlapping metal back out - it doesn't seem to make any difference to how the port actually works.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By brerackl
      Good evening,

I used to mess around with iATKOS back in 2011, I since have been out of the loop and have gone through several different PC's.
      Now I have built a new PC and would like to install High Sierra to my external SSD.
      I have gotten as far as installing clover and the .raw image to my USB stick but I am getting stuck on the +++++++++++ then reboot problem.
      I realize a LOT has changed and I am having a bit of trouble figuring it out. 

My PC's specs are as follows:

CPU:
                  Intel Core i7 7820X

RAM:
                  32GB Ballistix RGB Tactical Tracer (by Micron)

Motherboard:
                  EVGA X299 FTW K

Graphics:
                  NVIDIA RTX 2070 (EVGA)

Storage:
                  4TB Western Digital HDD
                  1TB Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB
                  480GB Micron SSD

If someone can help point me in the right direction that would be amazing, I have tried using some of the efi files for different x299 setups and such but no luck same results, played with different boot flags and options but everything is so much different I don't really know what does what. 
      I would very greatly appreciate if anyone can point me to some reading or a specific set of files to get me past this error as I haven't the slightest why it is even doing this. Mind you the last time I played around with this was back in 2011 with iATKOS and CD's, I have no CD drive in this build and need to do this via USB and as I understand this is 100% possible I just need the right boot setup and settings.

Thank you in advance,
      Brett
    • By ludufre
      Installing macOS Mojave 10.14.6 on Gigabyte Z370N WIFI + i7 8700K + UHD 630

Changelog:

09/01/2019 15:57h GMT-0
      - Updated to 10.14.6.

06/10/2019 00:44h GMT-0
      - Completely rewritten.

10/17/2018 08:12h GMT-0
      - Fix Kexts permissions commands adjusted.
      - Removed FrameBuffer patch that is not needed.
      - Added audio solution and HDMI.
      - Unfortunately DisplayPort does not work.
      - Replaced Wifi/BT with DW1560 (BCM94352Z)

10/11/2018 04:15h GMT-0
      - Added USB 3.0 patch.
      - Adjusted some steps.
      - Changed text formatting.

10/11/2018 03:42h GMT-0
      - Added missing UEFI configuration.

10/07/2018 00:36h GMT-0
      - First version.

What works and what does not

- Processor: Intel Core i7-8700K ->  Work. All SpeedStep stages.
      - Video Card: Intel UHD 630 ->  Work. QE/CI and Metal.
      - Chipset: Intel Z370 ->  Work.
      - HDMI 2.0 (1st) ->  Work.
      - HDMI (2nd) ->  Work.
      - DP ->  Not tested yet.
      - Audio: ALC1220 ->  Work.
      - HDMI Audio ->  Work.
      - WiFi/Bluetooth ->  Not work. Replaced with BCM94360CS2.
      - Ethernet (1st) ->  Work.
      - Ethernet (2nd) ->  Work.
      - USB3.0 ->  Work.
      - Sleep ->  Work.
      - Airdrop, Handoff, Instant Hotspot and Continuity ->  Work after replaced wireless.

Todo

- Make audio work.
      - Make HDMI audio work.
      - Test DisplayPort.
      - Make second ethernet work.
      - Replace Wifi/Bluetooth.
      - Test DP.

What you need to install

- Running install of macOS
      - One USB flash drive of 8GB or bigger
      - macOS Mojave install app
      - Clover Configurator
      - Clover EFI
      - Clover Configurator
      - Some KEXTs and SSDT patches

How create create the install flash drive

Prepare install flash drive

Format the flash drive with GUID partition mapping and name it "Install".

- Open Disk Utility.
      - Click in View, then "Show All Devices".
      - Select the destination flash drive, then Erase.
      - Name: Install, Format: Mac OS Extended (Journaled) and Scheme: GUID Partition Map

Create install flash drive

Open terminal and run this command:
      sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Mojave.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Install --nointeraction This will take about 30 minutes. / 8 minutes with USB 3.0

Install bootloader

Download the CloverEFI (used 5058, from Automated Clover Builds) and install with this options on "Install macOS Mojave":

- Install for UEFI booting only
      - Install Clover in the ESP
      - UEFI Drivers - Recommended drivers (check all)
      - UEFI Drivers - Human Interface Devices (check all)
      - UEFI Drivers - FileVault 2 UEFI Drivers (check all, If you are going to use FileVault)
      - UEFI Drivers - Additional drivers - NvmExpressDxe (if you are going to use NVMe)

Make things works

We'll make a full working flash drive, so follow these instructions:

Will be mounted the EFI partition of the flash drive.

Open the the /Volumes/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist inside this new partition with Clover Configurator (used 5.5.0.0)

Important modifications

config.plist

ACPI Page

- Check: SSDT - PluginType

BOOT Page

- Add: Arguments - darkwake=2
      - Check: Legacy - XMPDetection=Yes

KERNEL AND KEXT PATCHES Page

- Check: KernelPm

RT VARIABLES Page

- Change: CsrActiveConfig - 0x3E7

SMBIOS Page

- Change: Macmini8,1 - Mac mini (Late 2018) | Intel Core i7-8700B @ 3.20 GHz

- Click: Generate New (few times in the two buttons)

Need some Kexts in the folder /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/

- Download the HWSensors 3 from here. I used the FakeSMC.kext, ACPIMonitor.kext, ITEIT87x.kext and IntelCPUMonitor.kext inside of DMG version r240.
      - Download the Lilu.kext from here. I used the version 1.3.8.

Intel UHD 630

ACPI Page
      - Uncheck: Fixes - AddHDMI
      - Uncheck: Fixes - FixDisplay
      - Uncheck: Fixes - FixHDA

GUI Page
      - Change: Screen Resolution - 3840x2160 (My monitor is 4K)

Need a Kext in the folder /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/

- Download the WhateverGreen.kext from here. I used the version 1.3.1.

Audio ALC 1220 and HDMI audio

BOOT Page
      - Add: Arguments - alcid=11

DEVICES Page
      - Change: Audio - Inject - 11
      - Uncheck: Audio - AFGLowPowerState
      - Uncheck: Audio - ResetHDA

Need a Kext in the folder /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/

- Download the AppleALC.kext from here. I used the version 1.4.0.

All USBs (2.0, 3.0, Type-C, internal)

KERNEL AND KEXT PATCHES Page - KextsToPatch

- Name*: com.apple.iokit.IOUSBHostFamily
      - Find* [HEX]: 83FB0F0F
      - Replace* [HEX]: 83FB3F0F
      - Comment: USB Port Limit Patch 1 PMHeart/DalianSky
      - MatchOS: 10.14.x

- Name*: com.apple.iokit.IOUSBHostFamily
      - Comment: USB Port Limit Patch 2 PMHeart/DalianSky

- Name*: com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI
      - Comment: USB Port Limit Patch 3 PMHeart/DalianSky

- Name*: com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI
      - Find* [HEX]: 83FF0F0F
      - Replace* [HEX]: 83FF3F0F
      - Comment: USB Port Limit Patch 4 PMHeart/DalianSky

Need a Kext in the folder /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/

- Download the USBInjectAll.kext from here. I used the version 2018-1108.

Need SSDT patch in the folder /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/

- Download the SSDT-EC.aml, SSDT-UIAC.aml and SSDT-USBX attached bellow.

Wifi and Bluetooth (BCM94360CS)

Works out of box (plug 'n' play).

LAN Cards

Need a Kext for feach card in the folder /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/

- Download the IntelMausiEthrenet.kext from here. I used the version 2018-1031.
      - Download the SmallTreeIntel82576.kext attached bellow. I do not remember where I found it.

Now you can start the instalation without problem (I guess).

How install

UEFI Setup Configuration and Installation

UEFI configuration

- Shutdown and insert the flash.
      - Power on with DEL pressed to enter BIOS setup.
      - Change value: Periphelrals - Initial Display to IGP
      - Change value: Periphelrals - USB Configuration - XHCI Hand-off to ENABLE
      - Change value: Chipset - VT-d to DISABLE
      - Change value: Chipset - Internal Graphics to ENABLE
      - Change value: Chipset - DVMT Pre-Allocated to 128M
      - Save & Exit Setup

- Now, hold the F12
      - In the list, select your flash drive.
      - It will show twice. One with UEFI prefix and another without.
      - Select with UEFI prefix. Ie.: "UEFI: Sandisk Cruzer"

The installer will start. 

Format destination disk

Format the disk with GUID partition mapping and name it "HD".

- Select Disk Utility in the list, then press Continue.
      - Select the destination Disk, then Erase.
      - Name: HD, Format: APFS and Scheme: GUID Partition Map

Close Disk Utility.

Select "Install macOS", then Continue.
      Follow instructions in screen.

After install

After first part install the system will reboot.

The second part of the installation will begin. This will take 16 minutes.

Post installation

Install bootloader

When the second part of install finish, the system will reboot again.

After performing the user initial setup and go to the desktop, you need to install Clover on internal disk.

Open the Clover installer inside flash drive that you copied before.

Use same options above but choose the system partition this time.

Now you need to replace the EFI folder inside your destination disk EFI parittion, with EFI folder inside flash card EFI partition.

If the flash drive EFI partition of your destination disk or flash drive is unmounted:
      Mount with terminal "sudo diskutil mount /dev/rdiskXs1". To know what X is, use "diskutil list", most likely is 0 for destination disk and 1 for flash drive.

Then, eject the flash drive.

Last step

Move all Kexts from EFI partition to /Library/Extensions, with those commands in Terminal:
      sudo cp -R /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.14/* /Library/Extensions/ sudo chmod -R 755 /Library/Extensions sudo chown -R root:wheel /Library/Extensions sudo kextcache -i / Restart the system.

It's done!

Updates

System update 10.14.6

- Download and open latest CloverConfigurator
      - Open Mount EFI and click in Mount Partition in EFI Partitions list
      - Click in Open Partition that appears
      - Go to EFI -> CLOVER
      - Backup config.plist and ACPI folder to desktop
      - Go back and delete CLOVER folder
      (If you restart now you can't boot in macOS - DON'T RESTART)
      - Download latest Clover and install (link and config above)
      - Replace config.plist and ACPI folder from your desktop

- Update Lilu.kext, AppleALC.kext, WhateverGreen.kext, HWSensors kexts (FakeSMC, ACPIMonitor, IntelCPUMonitor, ITEIT87x) in /Library/Extensions/
      - Run:

sudo chmod -R 755 /Library/Extensions sudo chown -R root:wheel /Library/Extensions sudo kextcache -i /  

- Install macOS Update 10.14.6 and restart

And last but not least

I would like to thank the following community members, by making these dream possible:
      @crushers, @snatch, @apianti, @blackosx, @blusseau, @dmazar, @slice2009, @autumnrain, @phpdev32, @EMlyDinEsH, @RehabMan, @Scellow, @mitch_de, @Shailua, @Andy Vandijck, @maxfierke, @ArturXXX, @LexHimself, @brumas and all others members involved directly or indirectly.

Z370N-WIFI v2.zip
    • By arsradu
      Hi guys,

So, this little tutorial is meant to help people fix a new issue with Mojave: opening jpg files (looks like it happens with larger files, not so much with smaller ones) using Quick Look (on spacebar key pressed) or Preview app, using the dedicated GPUs.
      The issue is that, when trying to open jpg files (for some reason, it doesn't occur with pngs), the pop-up window would remain in an endless loop. And from that point forward, any other app trying to open the same file will either become unresponsive (in the case of the Preview app) or just stay in endless loop (in case of Quick Look)

As a workaround, in case the tutorial below doesn't work for you, you can use Grab (built-in app in MacOS) to open said files.

This issue DOES NOT occur using the iGPU. So...if you're comfortable using the iGPU, just switch to that and you should be good to go. You don't need this tutorial.

This tutorial is based on @Cyberdevs' research and testing on this topic (especially useful if you're using an RX series AMD video card), and my own very limited time testing this on my rig. I just thought it would be useful to create a new thread for it so that people can discuss this particular issue here.

With that being said, I'll just move on to the actual tutorial.

New (probably better) method.

Switch your SMBIOS in Clover config in regards to the dedicated GPU you're using, instead of the CPU. Take a look here and choose the corresponding SMBIOS closest to your hardware.
      Yeah, that's it.

In case you lose CPU PM with this method, there are multiple ways to fix that, and they do not make the object of this thread.  It worked perfectly fine for me though and I didn't need to change anything else.

Alternatively, you can also try one of the MacPro SMBIOSes, such as MacPro5,1 or MacPro6,1. It was tested multiple times and it showed good results. 
      Keep in mind that choosing these will most likely not show you an iGPU in System Report, since those machines generally (probably all of them) use Xeon CPUs with no iGPUs either.

/!\NOTE: There have been reports saying that using this method (switching SMBIOS to a MacPro one) with newer versions of MacOS may cause iTunes to crash.
      So...keep that in mind and better try some of the other methods mentioned here.

A simple Lilu plugin

Thanks to vulgo for the plugin and @Matgen84 for sharing and testing it, we now have yet another possible solution to this issue. It's a Lilu plugin (which means that it requires Lilu.kext in order to work) it's called NoVPAJpeg, and it can be downloaded from here.
      You use it as a regular kext, alongside Lilu. I prefer (and recommend) using it within the EFI folder, in Clover/kexts/Other. But if you want to use it in S/L/E, that should work just fine.

More info can be found in this post here.

UPDATE:

According to Vulgo, NoVPAJpeg.kext is now deprecated.
      In case its functionality is needed, use WhateverGreen.kext and add the following boot arguments:
      shikigva=32 shiki-id=Mac-7BA5B2D9E42DDD94 In case you wanna try alternative medicine  ...

The main thing we need to do is actually very simple: we need to enable the iGPU (integrated GPU) by default, in BIOS, while actually being connected to the dedicated GPU.

For ATI GPUs (curtesy of @Cyberdevs' post here).

The discreet GPU should be set as primary in BIOS and your displays should be connected to your discreet GPU
      The iGD/iGPU/iGFX must be enabled in BIOS/UEFI as the secondary GPU.

I removed the DSDT Reconfigured the config.plist to and removed some flags which weren't needed because of the DSDT added the InjectATI + Ornioco Framebuffer (I removed the Orinoco framebuffer because of some weird glitches but it might be useful for other AMD GPUs if you inject the correct framebuffer according to your GPU. No need to inject anything for nVidia GPUs unless your GPU needs it) Added the InjectIntel + ig-platform-id for my intel HD530 (for intel HD 530 I use the 0x19120001 ig-platform-id)  
      Steps 5 to 7 might not be necessary I just did them anyway, if anyone succeeded to get quicklook working without those steps let me know so I can exclude those steps.

Also confirmed to work with AMD R9 270X on a SandyBridge rig (without an iGPU) using WhateverGreen + Lilu kexts, which also helped to solve the transparency issue along with the Quick Look problem, it also resolved the buggy Screen Capture (Command+Shift+5) issue as well. 

Also, do:
      nvram cleanup kextcache & prelinked kernel rebuild reboot  More info on that here.

For NVIDIA GPUs (tested on my old MSi GTX 650)

This is what I needed for my NVIDIA GPU and the MSI motherboard in the signature (*since then, I upgraded my GPU to my current RX 580). Your milage may vary, depending on your hardware. But, the idea should be the same regardless.

For MSi motherboads (check out my motherboard details in the signature)

Set your BIOS to use PEG (dedicated GPU) so you can boot.
      Since you're reading this, chances are that you're already connected to the dedicated GPU and the BIOS is set to PEG. So just go into BIOS and see if you're using the iGPU or the dedicated (PEG) graphics device by default.
      If you're already using this, skip to Step 3 (the part AFTER Reboot). Reboot (I think you don't necessarily need to boot into the OS...but you do need to reboot at least until Clover UI) Reboot back into BIOS and set it from PEG to IGD (integrated graphics) WITHOUT removing the cable. Save Reboot again.  
         The result should be that the OS is tricked into thinking you're booting with the IGPU when in fact you're using the dedicated GPU.

For Gigabyte motherboards

Set:
      Peripherals -> Initial Display Output -> iGFX Chipset -> Internal Graphics -> Enabled
           DVMT Pre-Allocation -> default 64M.
           DVMT Total Gfx Mem -> default 256M Save Reboot  
         You should do this with the cable connected to the dedicated GPU.

You will also need to patch the iGPU from Clover config.
      1. Graphics -> Inject Intel (UNCHECK Inject Nvidia or ATI if it's checked).
      2. ig-platform-id (in my case for Intel HD 4600 Desktop) it was: 0x0d220003

And use IntelGraphicsFixup.kext (now included into WhateverGreen.kext) in Clover/kexts/Other. In my particular case, without the kext, I would get freezes in Safari.

Another way to activate the iGPU while having the dGPU set as primary is by going into BIOS/SAG/Graphics Configuration/iGPU and setting Multi-Monitor to [Enabled], all the rest remains on [Auto], and set Inject/Intel to [True] in Clover config.*.

Thanks to @gjw for the tip.

*Motherboard dependent. But the multi-monitor option might be the same regardless of manufacturer.

This might be a bug with Mojave and it could be fixed by Apple in the future. but in the meantime, feel free to use this if it helps you fix the issue.

For HP motherboards (including laptops), so far no solution, unless the BIOS somehow allows to switch from dGPU to iGPU and vice-versa.

Cheers!
    • By gengik84
      Ciro82==>>Thanks
      Uno dei tre Requisiti:
      Hack funzionante Mac vero Macchina virtuale Impostazioni Bios per il boot:
      Cercate una voce  del tipo “Sata Mode”e settatela  in AHCI
      Secure Boot: disabilitare o altri sistemi operativi
      CSM: UEFI o LEGACY, oppure a secondo del tipo di installazione
      VT-x / VT-d disable
      *Nota: Secure boot e csm valido solo per bios UEFI
      Materiale Occorrente 
      "OS X (Versione App.Store)”
      USB 8GB  *nota: nel caso di usb superiori dovrà essere partizionata, in modo da avere una partizione su cui "lavoreremo,di questa dimensione
      ShowAllfiles 
      kext Wizard 
      Bootloader Clover_2.3k_r xxx:                   http: //sourceforge.n.../cloverefiboot/
      Clover Configurator:                                    http: //mackie100proj...a.org/download/
      FakeSmc.kext:                                            https://github.com/kozlek/HWSensors/releases
      In allegato,a fondo pagina troverete un "pacchetto" contenente : ShowAllfiles, Kext Wizard, FakeSmc.kext: 
      App alternative:
      ESP Mounter Pro: per montare la partizione EFI
      Vi illustrerò tre metodi per creare la usb, ma sono ben distinti… quindi usatene soltanto uno
      Metodo 1: “Install Mac_OS_X.command” Metodo 2: “Create Install Media di Apple” Metodo 3:  Metodo Manuale Alla fine delle preparazione dell’installer, tutti i metodi necessitano l’installazione del Bootloader Clover sulla a vostra USB.
      “CONDIZIONI OBBLIGATORIE”
      PUNTO 1: che la vostra usb sia stata preventivamente nominata USB (caratteri maiuscoli) Tabella di partizione GUID e la formattazione in  Mac esteso Journaled.
      PUNTO 2: che l’installer di OSX si trovi in Applicazioni
      Utility Disco 
      Selezionate la pendrive, andate su “partizione”, selezionate “1 partizione”, impostate Mac OS esteso journaled e date il nome USB, poi in basso cliccate su opzioni e scegliete Tabella partizione (GUID), poi “applica”.
      Immagine 
      Riporto nuovamente l’operazione sopra citata adoperando dal nuovo Utility Disco introdotto su El Capitan.
      Rimane ovviamente invariato nome della usb in ==>> USB (maiuscolo), la formattazione in Mac esteso Journaled e sia la mappa partizione in GUID
      Da utility disco selezionate la usb, cliccate su inizializza.
      dal menù a tendina scegliete la relative impostazioni
      Immagine  
      Procedura effettua da High Sierra è la stessa della precedente, l'unica attenzione e operazione da aggiungere in primis  è cliccare nel menù a tendina in alto sulla sinistra di utility disco e selezionare "mostra tutti i dispositivi"
      Immagine 

=====================
        METODO 1: "Install_Mac_OS_X.Command" Lo script che trovate allegato in fondo alla guida permette la creazione dell’installer in maniera automatica
      Include la possibilità di scelta di tre versioni di osx
      Yosemite El Capitan Sierra Il risultato finale è come quello del metodo "manuale" descritto nella guida, per cui l'installazione avverrà in un solo passaggio, non in due come con il metodo createinstallmedia. 
      Offre inoltre la possibilità di inserire un kernel patchato, utile, per esempio, per chi usa AMD.
      Rimane invariato il nome dato alla usb in USB, mappa partizione e tipo di formattazione
      Se la vostra usb non sarà rinominata nel modo corretto, verrete avvisati dal terminale, quindi non dovrete far altro che apportare la relativa modifica e rilanciare nuovamente lo script
      Esempio
      ===========================
      Metodo 2 
      L'intento è quello di usare la procedura fornitaci direttamente da Apple, "createinstallmedia", introdotta  con Mavericks. 
      Tale metodo prevede l’uso del terminale che via via se ne sta perdendo il “valore e l’uso”
      Inizialmente per i neofiti potrà sembrare problematico ma alla fine non è così.
      Durante il post installazione alcune operazioni ne richiedono l’ uso.
      Perciò mi sono chiesto perchè, qualora uno volesse, non far conoscere da subito un po’ questo “strumento”???
      Per favorirvi vi ho allegato i comandi già  “pronti”, i quali li potrete copiare ed incollare sul terminale.
      A questo punto aprite il terminale, copiate ed incollate il comando sottostante e premete invio, digitate la vostra password e premete nuovamente invio.
      Comando per creare USB con Yosemite:
      sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite.app --nointeraction  
      Comando per creare USB con El Capitan
      sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan.app --nointeraction Comando per creare USB con Sierra 
      sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app/ --nointeraction Per creare USB con Hight Sierra o Mojave usate --> C_I_M (aggiornato per 10.14)

Funziona con il drag & drop sul terminale, in questo caso non vi è necessità che la usb sia nominata in un determinato modo ed essendo basato su create install media ovviamente funziona da 10.9 a 10.14.... 
      BENE…IL PROCESSO DI CREAZIONE E’ INIZIATO…
      AVREMO CIRCA 20/30 MINUTI DI TEMPO LIBERO A CUI DEDICARSI A CIO’ CHE VOGLIAMO………………………………………..  
      COLGO L’OCCASIONE PER FARVI NOTARE LA VELOCITA’ E LA SICUREZZA DI QUESTO METODO
      CONFRONTATE QUESTO CON IL TERZO METODO E NOTERETE CHE CON UN SOLO PASSAGGIO, OSSIA IL COMANDO DATO AL TERMINALE, FACCIAMO IN UNA SINGOLA OPERAZIONE TUTTI I VARI STEP DESCRITTI SULL’ ALTRO METODO.
      DETTO QUESTO, MOLTO IMPORTANTE E’ SOTTOLINEARE CHE COSI’ FACENDO EVITEREMO ERRORI  DI DISTRAZIONE RIGUARDO AI PASSAGGI O FRAINTENDIMENTI.
      Immagine 
      Potete adesso passare ad installare il bootloader Clover sulla vostra usb.
      *NOTA*:
      Avendo usato questo metodo l'installazione si dividerà in due fasi, perciò dopo il primo riavvio e necessario far partire nuovamente l'installer, selezionare lo stesso disco senza formattarlo.
      Finita questa ulteriore fase , l'installazione sarà terminata
      =========================
      METODO "MANUALE"....  (lascio per futura memoria-Compatibile fino a 10.12)
      ==========================
      Bootloader
      **Nota:** Installazione in UEFI  dipenderà dalla scheda madre in vostro possesso, quindi se non supporta tale opzione , il bootloader dovrà essere installato in  modalità Legacy.
       Vi invito, qualora non sapeste questa informazione, a recarvi nel sito ufficiale del produttore e controllare le informazioni a riguardo
      Fatto questo dobbiamo installare  Clover sulla usb.
      A seconda del tipo di Bios o al tipo di installazione che vogliamo fare UEFI o Legacy avremo ovviamente configurazioni diverse in questa fase.
      Lanciate il pkg.
      Immagine 

Cambiate la destinazione di installazione ad USB oppure Install Mac_OS_X (a secondo del tipo di creazione eseguita)
      Successivamente clicchiamo su "Ad Hoc"
      Per Installazione UEFI
      Mettete i flag   : Installazione solo per avvio UEFI
                               : installare Clover nella ESP
                               : Driver64UEFI  AptioMemory --> (consigliato) ->  Link download
       Può essere solo aggiunto manualmente scaricando dal link sopra e collocandolo nella rispettiva cartella
       NOTA: in questo caso non selezionare nessun OsxAptioFixDRV durante l'installazione di clover oppure rimuovetelo                        successivamente. 
                               : Driver64UEFI  ApfsDriverLoader --> (consigliato) --> sostituisce l'uso del driver apfs.efi
                               : Selezionate l'altri driver come da successiva immagine,

*Nota: Altri driver che si possono usare  al suo posto  sono:
       informazioni 

Proseguite con l’installazione.
      Immagine 
      ** Ricordate che avrete accesso a questa cartella dopo aver montato la partizione EFI**
      Per installazione Legacy
      Immagine 
      Impostazione per config.plist:
      Con clover configurator “montate” la partizione EFI della usb.
      1) Per fare questo nel menù di sinistra, cliccate su “Mount EFI”
      2) individuate la partizione relativa alla vostra usb, a questo punto montiamo la relativa partizione EFI  selezionando l’apposito pulsante “Mount Partition”
      Immagine 
      3) Successivamente cliccate su “Open Partition”.. recatevi in EFI/Clover ed aprite il config.plist
      4) Sezione ACPI: Disabilitate tutti i fix sia del menù 1 che del menù 2
      Immagine 
      5) Sezione BOOT: Sole se si sta installando Yosemite mettete il flag su kext-dev-mode=1
      Immagine 
      6) Sezione RT Variables: Se si sta installando El Capitan oppure Sierra, aggiungere i valori: BooterConfig= 0x28, CsrActiveConfig= 0x67
      Immagine 
      7) Sezione System Parameters: Su inject kext mettete YES
      Immagine 
      Nota: Su El Capitan, è stato introdotto SIP (System Integrity Protection)
      Info:
      Recatevi in EFI/Clover/kext/10.x 
      X= alla versione di osx che state installando. Per esempio se installerete Yosemite dovrete recarvi nella cartella 10.10, con El Capitan in 10.11….ecc
      Se non ci fosse tale cartella, createla e nominatela voi a “modo”.
      Copiatevi all’interno FakeSmc.kext
      *Nota se venite già da altre vostre configurazioni, oltre kext sopra citato ,potete mettere gli altri necessari per il vostro hardware
      Stessa cosa se avete DSDT e/o SSDT potete copiarli in EFI/Clover/Acpi/Patched
      Immagine 

Per High Sierra:
      Scaricare il driver apfs.efi a fine guida, collocarlo:
          --> EFI/clover/Driver64UEFI se stiamo usando UEFI
      --> EFI/Clover/Driver64 se stiamo usando Legacy

Per chi volesse continuare ad usare HFS vi rimando a questo post:
        Come installare High Sierra in HFS direttamente dalla usb  
      Utenti Laptop:  Nel 99% è obbligatorio disattivare la grafica discreta Nvidia/Amd per installare questo nuovo osx
                                     Quindi aggiungete --> SSDT-Disable_DGPU.aml.zip
                                     in EFI/Clover/acpi/Patched della usb
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      Per Mojave:
      Scaricare il driver apfs.efi per 10.14 a fine guida, collocarlo:
          --> EFI/clover/Driver64UEFI se stiamo usando UEFI
      --> EFI/Clover/Driver64 se stiamo usando Legacy
      Versione di clover non antecedente a V_4015
      Volete usare HFS?
      E' possibile fare un installazione diretta su altro disco o partizione, nel caso può essere usato anche per effettuare aggiornamenti...
      nel caso guardate...
       Mojave in HFS 
       Oppure direttamente da usb  

Fatto questo avrete la vostra USB bootable per installare OSX.
      ………Non scordatevi Fakesmc.kext da mettere nella relativa cartella…. senza il quale non farete mai il Boot......
      *NOTA: se usato il terminale per la creazione della usb, l'installazione si dividerà in due fasi, perciò dopo il primo riavvio e necessario far partire nuovamente l'installer, selezionare lo stesso disco senza formattarlo.
      Finita questa ulteriore fase , l'installazione sarà terminata
      **NOTA** Se avete processori Broadwell,Skylake o Kabylake...usate FakeSmc.kext e relativi sensors che trovate all'interno del secondo pacchetto.. (potete usarlo anche sui precedenti senza problemi, essendo una versione più aggiornata ha ulteriore supporto per le cpu più recenti)
      Update: Fakesmc e sensors versione 6.26
      Post installazione... post #2           
       Buon Hack….. 
      Aggiornamento:Install_Mac_OS_X.command.zip (compatibile da 10.10 a 10.12)
      le info le trovate a questo post
      Ringrazio @Ciro82 che mi ha aiutato nel preparare questa guida.
      Pacchetto.zip
      Pacchetto-2.zip
      Pacchetto-Fake+Sensors 6.26.1440.zip
      C_I_M.zip

• By ludufre
      Installing macOS Mojave on Lenovo ThinkPad L440

There are two version of this laptop:
      - 20AS = Chipset QM87, without Express Card (mine).
      - 20AT = Chipset HM86, with Express Card.
      I strong believe is the same thing...

Changelog:

07/30/2019 14:56h GMT-0
      - Fixed typo in credits. Thanks @"Sniki"

06/09/2019 14:16h GMT-0
      - Added missing parts in the post-install step. 

06/04/2019 17:19h GMT-0
      - Updated Clover link. 

06/02/2019 18:08h GMT-0
      - Added info about update 10.14.5. 

03/13/2019 13:15h GMT-0
      - Updated info about touchpad replacement and CPU and 4G LTE modem.

02/05/2019 18:47h GMT-0
      - Updated info about CPU replacement and 4G LTE modem.

02/04/2019 15:24h GMT-0
      - Sometimes the VoodooHDA.kext doesn't work.
      - Added AppleHDADisabler.kext to fix that (attached bellow).

01/24/2019 14:42h GMT-0
      - Added more adjustments to use of VoodooHDA.
      - Updated VoodooHDA links to 2.9.1 official (without installer).
      - Changed PCM volume from 90 to 180 in Info.plist (attached modified VoodooHDA.kext bellow)
      - Updated SSDT-L440.aml (Removed HDEF and HDAU, not needed).
      - Updated config.plist (Changed to user Audio layout to 1).

01/22/2019 20:47h GMT-0
      - I gave up on the AppleALC.
      - Headset does not work.
      - Now with VoodooHDA is perfect and the sound even louder.

01/22/2019 14:37h GMT-0
      - Added info about update 10.14.3. 

01/22/2019 13:46h GMT-0
      - Added link to BIOS reassing guide.

01/20/2019 11:49h GMT-0
      - First version.

What works and what does not

- Processor: Intel Core i5-4300M ->  Work. All SpeedStep stages.
      - Video Card: Intel HD4600 ->  Work. QE/CI and Metal.
      - Chipset: Intel QM87 ->  Work.
      - Mini DisplayPort ->  Work. But no audio, yet.
      - VGA ->  Not work. Normal.
      - Audio: ALC292 ->  Work.
      - WiFi/Bluetooth: Intel AC 7260 ->  Not work. Replaced with DW1560 (need whitelist removal).
      - Ethernet: Intel I217-LM ->  Work.
      - Card Reader: Realtek RTS5227 ->  Not work.
      - Keyboard and Touchpad ->  Work.
      - Webcam ->  Work.
      - Fingerprint Reader ->  Not work. Normal.
      - USB3.0 ->  Work.
      - Sleep ->  Work.
      - Airdrop, Handoff, Instant Hotspot and Continuity ->  Work after replaced wireless.

Extras

- FullHD 1920x1080 display upgrade: 
      Replaced with AU Optronics B140HAN01.1 30pin eDP (B140HAN01.2 and B140HAN01.3 also compatible).
      Apparently same screen as Dell Latitude E6440, E7440, Lenovo Ideapad U430 and E129.

- CPU upgrade:
      Replaced the stock Intel Core i5 4300M 2.6Ghz (3.3Ghz turbo) 6M cache with Intel Core i7 4700MQ 2.4Ghz (3.4Ghz turbo) 6MB.
      I initially had problems with overheating. The processor ran at full load above 90 degrees.
      After using a quality thermal paste I can work between 70 and 80 degrees.
      Acceptable taking into consideration that the new processor has 47TDP versus 37TDP which is recommended.
      I also had no problem consuming the battery while charging. The original 65W source seems to have figured out.

- Touchpad upgrade:
      Replaced the stock with T460 touchpad.
      This is serious: you have to do it! It should be stock. Touchpad with precision and absurd quality!
      Just do it!

- RAM upgrade:
      No mistery here. Just upgade.

Todo

- Make DP audio work.
      - Make Card Reader work.
      - Upgrade CPU to i7-4712MQ (Ordered. It's on the way) Done, but received i7-4700MQ (47w TDP, with good paste I have no overheating)
      - Replace touchpad with T460 model (Ordered. It's on the way) Done. Sensitivity and perception of quality much better. I recommend 100%!
      - Sierra Gobi5000 4G LTE modem EM7355 (Ordered. It's on the way. I hope works. ) Done, but not work. Recognize but not connect. I already gave up...
      - Upgrade to 16GB RAM Done
      - Make trackpad appear in System Preferences

What you need to install

- Running install of macOS
      - One USB flash drive of 8GB or bigger
      - macOS Mojave install app
      - Clover EFI
      - Clover Configurator
      - Some KEXTs and SSDT patches

How create create the install flash drive

Prepare install flash drive

Format the flash drive with GUID partition mapping and name it "Install".

- Open Disk Utility.
      - Select the destination flash drive, then Erase.
      - Name: Install, Format: Mac OS Extended (Journaled) and Scheme: GUID Partition Map

Create install flash drive

Open terminal and run this command:
      sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Mojave.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Install --nointeraction This will take about 30 minutes.

Install bootloader

Download the CloverEFI from SourceForge (used 4934) and install with this options on "Install macOS Mojave":

- Install for UEFI booting only
      - Install Clover in the ESP
      - UEFI Drivers - ApfsDriverLoader-64
      - UEFI Drivers - AptioMemoryFix-64

Make things works

Will be created a partition named EFI and mounted in Desktop.
      - Replace the /Volumes/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist with mine attached below
                    If you have modded BIOS with Advanced Menu and enabled 128MB DRAM-prealloc use 128MB_DRAM-prealloc_config.plist.zip
                    If no, then use 32MB_DRAM-prealloc_config.plist.zip
      - Put SSDT-L440.aml attached below in /Volumes/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/

Generate your Serial, MLB and SmUUID

- Open the replaced config.plist with Clover Configurator (used 5.3.2.0)
      - Go to SMBIOS, click few times in "Generate New" in Serial Number and SmUUID.

Download those Kexts and put in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/

- Download the HWSensors 3 from here. I used the FakeSMC.kext, ACPIMonitor.kext and IntelCPUMonitor.kext inside of DMG version r196.
      - Download the VoodooPS2Controller.kext from here. I used version 2018-1008.
      - Download the IntelMausiEthernet.kext from here. I used the version 2018-1031.
      - Download the Lilu.kext from here. I used the version 1.3.6.
      - Download the VoodooHDA from here. I used the version 2.9.1 and patched the sound volume (attached below).
      - Download the WhateverGreen.kext from here. I used the version 1.2.9.
      - Download the AppleBacklightFixup.kext from here. I used the version 2018-1013.
      - Download the USBInjectAll.kext from here. I used the version 2018-1108.
      - Download the ACPIBatteryManager.kext from here. I used the version 2018-1005.

- Download the VirtualSMC.kext from here. I used version 1.0.2. Replaced with FakeSMC of the HWSensors 3 r196 package.
      - Download the FakeSMC.kext from here. I used the version 2018-0915. Replaced with VirtualSMC.kext due 10.14.4 issues on update.
      - Download the AppleALC.kext from here. I used the version 1.3.4. Replaced with VoodooHDA.kext due mic not working.

Wifi and Bluetooth (DW1560 / BCM94352Z)

Unfortunately, some notebook manufacturers are currently blocking the replacement of wireless cards. They want you to only use the models sold by them. And of course, none of them from Lenovo for this notebook model is compatible with MacOS.

If you try to start with an unauthorized wifi card for them, you will receive a screen error:
      1802: Unauthorized network card is plugged in - Power off and remove the network card. Since this check is done directly in the BIOS, the only solution is to modify it.
      But since nothing is easy in this life, there is one small big problem:
      - The BIOS update procedure does not allow you to use modded files as it used to be.
      - You will need to physically reach your BIOS on the motherboard and make use of a USB BIOS reader/writer.

So what you need to do:
      1. Disassembly your laptop;
      2. Dump your BIOS with an USB BIOS reader with SOIC8 clip (to not desolder from the motherboard);
      3. Patch it (In addition to removing the whitelist, add the advanced menu);
      4. Fix RSA signature;
      5. Reflash BIOS;
      6. Replace wireless card;
      7. Remount your laptop;
      8. Done.

Soon, I'll provide step by step in this process. Probably until end of this week.
      In the meantime, if you need to, send me your dump that I do steps 3 and 4 for you.
      I also add the Advanced Menu so you can increase to 128MB the DRAM-prealloc.

To fix a Modded BIOS to remove the 5 beeps on boot, you need this guide: https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/337333-guide-fix-insyde-h2o-bios-signature-5-beeps-on-lenovo (traduzido: pt-BR)

After replaced the wireless card. Download those Kexts and put in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/

- Download the AirportBrcmFixup.kext from here. I used the version 2.0.0.
      - Download the BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext from here. I used the version 2018-0505.
      - Download the BT4LEContinuityFixup.kext from here. I used the version 1.1.2.

Now you can start the instalation without problem (I guess).

How install

UEFI Setup Configuration and Installation

UEFI configuration

My BIOS is the latest: 1.93 (J4ET93WW) 

- Shutdown and insert the flash drive.
      - Power on with F1 pressed to enter BIOS setup.
      - Change value: Config - Intel(R) AMT - Intel(R) AMT Control to DISABLED
      - Change value: Security - Security Chip to DISABLED
      - Change value: Security - Anti-Theft - Intel(R) AT Module Activation to DISABLED
      - Change value: Security - Anti-Theft - Computrace to DISABLED
      - Change value: Security - Secure Boot to DISABLED
      - Change value: Startup - UEFI/Legacy Boot to BOTH, Legacy First and CSM Support = Yes
      - Save & Exit Setup (F10)

- Now, hold the F12
      - In the list, select your flash drive.

The installer will start. 

Format destination disk

Format the disk with GUID partition mapping and name it "Macintosh".

- Select Disk Utility in the list, then press Continue.
      - Select the destination Disk, then Erase.
      - Name: HD, Format: APFS and Scheme: GUID Partition Map

Close Disk Utility.

Select "Install macOS", then Continue.
      Follow instructions in screen.

After install

After first part install the system will reboot. Maybe you have to press F12 again and select the flash drive.

The second part of the installation will begin. This will take 16 minutes.

Post installation

Install bootloader

When the second part of install finish, the system will reboot again.

After performing the user initial setup and go to the desktop, you need to install Clover on internal disk.

Open the Clover installer inside flash drive that you copied before.

Use same options above but choose the system partition this time.

Now you need to replace the EFI folder inside your destination disk EFI parittion, with EFI folder inside flash card EFI partition.

If the flash drive EFI partition of your destination disk or flash drive is unmounted:
      Mount with terminal "sudo diskutil mount /dev/rdiskXs1". To know what X is, use "diskutil list", most likely is 0 for destination disk and 1 for flash drive.

Then, eject the flash drive.

Last step

Move all Kexts from EFI partition to /Library/Extensions, with those commands in Terminal:
      sudo mv -R /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/* /Library/Extensions/ sudo chmod -R 755 /Library/Extensions sudo chown -R root:wheel /Library/Extensions sudo kextcache -i / Restart the system.

It's done!

Updates

System update 10.14.3

- Updated with success;
      - Everything works perfectly after reboot;

System update 10.14.4

- Updated Clover to 4910.
      - Updated Lilu.kext to 1.3.5 and WhateverGreen to 1.2.7.
      - After first reboot the update progress stoped with:
      GTrace synchronization point 4 Unsupported CPU Unsupported PCH hmm.. mismatch sizes: 3100 vs 20 It was still possible to start the previous installation, selecting "Macintosh" as opposed to "macOS Install" in Clover.
      So I created a flash drive with Clover 4910 and put only my config.xml, SSDT-L440.aml, the updated Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext. And I decided to test VirtualSMC instead of FakeSMC.kext.
      With this I was able to install update 10.14.4. After installation I can boot normally, even with FakeSMC.kext that already in /Library/Extensions.
      I do not know what exactly happened, but now works everything like was previously.

System update 10.14.5

- Updated Clover to 4934.
      - Updated Lilu.kext to 1.3.6 and WhateverGreen to 1.2.9.
      - After first reboot the update progress stoped again (like 10.14.4 update) with:
      GTrace synchronization point 4 Unsupported CPU Unsupported PCH hmm.. mismatch sizes: 3100 vs 20 It was still possible to start the previous installation, selecting "Macintosh" as opposed to "macOS Install" in Clover.
      I decided to rollback to FakeSMC.kext but this time with the version of HWSensors 3. Link above.
      With this I was able to install update 10.14.5. After installation I can boot normally.

And last but not least

I would like to thank the following community members, by making these dream possible:
      @crushers, @snatch, @apianti, @blackosx, @blusseau, @dmazar, @slice2009, @autumnrain, @phpdev32, @EMlyDinEsH, @RehabMan, @Scellow, @mitch_de, @Shailua, @Andy Vandijck, @maxfierke, @ArturXXX, @LexHimself, @brumas, @"Sniki" and all others members involved directly or indirectly.

Attachments
      32MB_DRAM-prealloc_config.plist.zip
      128MB_DRAM-prealloc_config.plist.zip
      SSDT-L440.aml
      VoodooHDA.kext.zip
      AppleHDADisabler.kext.zip