Nvidia Web driver 1050Ti on 10.13 loading bug

Abz79

2 posts in this topic

up guys,

I've been hockintoshing for a long while, since Leopard to be exact and last week I replaced my Nvidia 9600GT with a brand new 1050 Ti...

I have a Lion and El Capitan both were running fine before the 1050 Ti arrived, I read that my new Geforce needs new drivers that are readily supported by Sierra and High sierra.

So I deleted Capitano and installed High Sierra 10.13 using Niresh distro. All went well and smooth and all my hardware was recognized the only problem left is this:

My Nvidia driver "WebDriver-378.10.10.10.15.121" installs well with SIP enabled (aka 0x0 with clover) and after reboot the system is perfect with Nvidia web driver running fine

However after rebooting the Default slow OSX graphics driver is loaded and stays that way until I resinstall the web driver....

It's very annoying, I just can't make it work, I've been reading posts and tutorials for more that a week, nothing works, help is needed

Things I've tried already:

1. Boot using different clover revisions as old as 3911 and as new as 3509 (the latest)

2. Tried with clover in the EFI partion and/or Boot partition

3. Tried using different combos of nvda_drv,, nvidia webdriver, inject stuff (all possible combos in boot and graphics settings)

4. Tried all available kext (Lilu, Nvidia fixup, Nvidiaegpusupport, NVlibvalfix..) single and combos - in clover kext folder and L/E folder

5. Tried all different NVram recommendation - problem persisted even when nvram.plist is present or not

6. Tried running the postscripts from the driver installer pkg

7. Tried installing the driver via webdriver.sh

8. Fixing permissions and what not

And maybe other stuff that I forgot

Things to note:

When the graphics web driver loads fine KCPM kext utility works fine too but when the default driver is loaded KPCM warns that B0 and B1 SIP options are not enabled even though they are when I test csrutil status

So I'm somehow thinking of a bug in Clover not applying the SIP restrictions correctly

I don't know what happens when the driver is reinstalled that makes it work after reboot for 1 time only (I've went through all the pre post scripts in the installer and didn't find anything magical)

It seems nothings works except reinstalling the driver - nothing else matters

I'm almost pulling my hair - haven't faced such a problem since a very long time

Any advice is greatly appreciated

Abz

I did few more tests:

Chameleon Bootloader (both regular and enoch) fail to load the webdriver

Clover can boot it several times in a row when my efi folder is copied to boot volume (with efi partiton empty or deleted)

the nvram.plist file is generated on the root folder upon every boot

But once the nvidia web driver fails to load I must reninstall it with SIP enabled

So it seems there's a way to make it work but still not 100% of the time