Gymnae

[Guide] Mojave / High Sierra on Gigabyte H370 HD3 (Rev. 1.0)

90 posts in this topic

Hi!

can someone post the configuration.plist or better the whole EFI folder for a setup with this board with only the Intel 630 onboard graphics? That would be really nice as I am still struggling with graphics issues and no sound. 

Advertisement
On 12/17/2018 at 3:43 PM, Gymnae said:

Are you sporting an nvme drive?

Delete IntelGraphicsFixup, NvidiaGraphicsFixup and VoodooHDA. VoodooHDA should never be needed and replace the GPU fixups with whatevergreen.kext.

Have you googled for your error? For me this was in past when FakeSMC wasn't read correctly. But resetting the BIOS to default and starting from there can also help.

Thanks for your help. Finally Ive High Sierra installed and working fine. The problem was the pendrive, I was using an old kingston pendrive, qhen I made the installation media in a new Toshiba usb 3.0 pen, the problem dissapeared.

Now I've only one more problem, only the usb 3.0 ports works and the transfer velocity is very slow, I think is as slow as an usb 1.0 port. Any suggestion?

On 12/17/2018 at 10:00 PM, Gymnae said:

Try LayoutID 1

I got it working with CloverALC patched for Mojave support (easy script edit), and using LayoutID=2

many thanks

On 12/18/2018 at 1:51 AM, fritzbrause said:

Hi!

can someone post the configuration.plist or better the whole EFI folder for a setup with this board with only the Intel 630 onboard graphics? That would be really nice as I am still struggling with graphics issues and no sound. 

The problem is mainly the SMBIOS with the iMac18.X versions, I can not make it work. In contrast with other versions if it works.
I used MacBookPro15.2 and removed all the injection from all sides and all the major kext I put in L / E except the FAKESMC.
The recognition is native and with acceleration without injecting anything in the version High Sierra 10.3.6, it is the only way that I discovered, maybe in the boot the black screen appears for a few seconds.

I am trying to connect 2 monitors but I have not managed VGA + DVI but only VGA works.

I attached to you the configuration, tell me if was useful

EFI+KEXT.zip

On 11/11/2018 at 5:13 PM, Panzerschiffe said:

Thanks for the guide shared @Gymnae;

Using Mojave 10.14.1 at the moment which started supporting 8th gen intel cpus. Original content can be upgraded accordingly.

I used this guide as a starting point and helped me sorting things easily. I want to share some tricks that might help newbies to make things much more "easier". (Includes selecting newbie friendly parts)

This system will only work with RX and Vega graphic cards.

I will start with sharing my system:

Motherboard: Gigabyte H370 HD3 Rev:1.0 (with bios revision F10)

Processor: Intel Core i5-8600 Coffee Lake 6-Core 3.1 GHz

Graphics Card: PowerColor Radeon RX 570 (Model: AXRX 570 8GBD5-DMV3) (Note: It has Sapphire Pulse RX 570 8GB BIOS on it which performs better and Sapphire RX 5xx series are what I recommend)

RAM: 4x AVEXIR Budget Series RAM DDR4 4GB 2400MHz (16GB Total Installed)

Storage:  KingFast F9 2.5" 512GB SSD

PSU: Thermaltake SMART Series SP-750PCBUS 750W

Sound: 2x USB Sound Card

Install Clover on the install media

Same settings used with Gymnae. Don't touch defaults and select listed ones below.

UEFI driver: AptioMemoryFix

UEFI driver: ApfsDriverLoader

UEFI booting only

Install to ESP

Copy "apfs.efi" from source machine and paste into drivers64UEFI

Configuring config.plist

What to remove and add on original kext shared by Gymnae with using Clover Configurator;

Boot > nvda_drv=1 > uncheck

Device > FakeID > IntelGFX > remove that ID

Device > Audio > Inject > No

Device > Audio > ResetHDA > Uncheck

Graphics > Inject Intel > Uncheck (Don't enable anything on this screen RX 570 or RX 580 will work out of box)

Graphics > ig-platform-id > 0x59120003

Kernel and Kext Patches > KextsToPatch > select disable for the first 4 line from the top

SMBIOS > iMac18,2 > select

System Parameters > NvidiaWeb > uncheck

Configuring kexts

Add the supplied SSDT-UAIC.aml from Gymane to "patched" - it limits the injected USB Ports to the actual number and ports valid for this board.

Required kexts on "Other", as you can see we are using lesser kext file:

• FakeSMC.kext
  • IntelMausiEthernet.kext in case you're running Ethernet
  • USBInjectAll.kext with the HCI-300-series-injector.kext --> These two should be installed to /L/E after install
  • ***FakeSMC_Sensors.kexts (You need that if you are going to use different graphic card from "Sapphire" I don't know why but you might have thermal throttle problem. Do a benchmark test with HWMonitor and Heaven Benchmark.)

Bios Settings

Bios settings which I use:

1. Load Optimized Defaults
  2. Disable VT-d setting
  3. If your system has Secure Boot Mode, disable it (You have to disable CMS to do that, just don't disable CMS and skip this part)
  4. Set OS Type to Windows 8/10 or OtherOS - I have not seen a difference
  5. Turn off internal Serial and Parallel port
  6. Turn off Network stack for boot
  7. Turn off wake-on-lan (for now)
  8. Set XHCI Handoff to Enabled
  9. Don't enable decode over 4G
  10. Depending on your GPU, set priority for boot
  11. Set internal GPU to enable (Set internal GPU to disable. You don't need internal graphics with RX graphic cards and you will have lesser kext files)
  12. Set DMVT pre-alloc to 64MB
  13. Set USB legacy to enabled
  14. Activate XMP profile 1 f your Ram has it (mine doesn't and I added the timings manually)
  15. Set ERP to enable, disable platform power management (I need to do more research if this could be enabled)

Install clover on target

During install select again AptioMemoryFix but also additionally

• EmuVariableUefi-64.efi
  • Install RC scripts on target volume

because otherwise NVRAM doesn't seem to work

After the install, copy

• config.plist
  • contents of "Other"
  • content of "patched"
  • apfs.efi from drivers64UEFI

to your new clover install.

Edit ACPI for slumber

I had no major issue with stock sleeping settings so far. You might use the process described by Gymnae, but i didn't even try.

Don't Enable Onboard Audio

I'm using 2 USB sound card. Hey... They are cheap and easy to maintain. Connected one of them to my monitor and the other one to my headset.

***My graphics card only has a Dvi-D slot so audio might be already working on HDMI.

Updating

Just do it like you regularly update your Macbook. Just press restart for update button. It will do a pre-update and clover will select "install" twice automatically and computer will start like nothing happened.

Not Working?

iTunes Videos are not working, someone told me that this happened after 10.14.1, I'm really no sure about that. I will share a way if I can find one.

hello @Panzerschiffe

thank you for the guidance

could you please share the efi folder or config.plist… 

On 12/1/2018 at 10:18 PM, radius said:

I got the intel gpu to work (in HDMI at least, did not try DVI) but with ig-platform-id set to 0x3E9B0007 (found that with help of google).

But from what I see metal is not working.

My interest in getting the intel GPU to work is just to be sure to be able to boot/troubleshoot in case of issue with the dGPU (I will use a RX 580 in the coming days) so it doesn't matter but if you intent to use the intel GPU permanently it's a problem.

I have a small issue, when I do shutdown, what happen is a reboot not a shutdown. Not huge problem but still a problem.

So, as I was using RX 580, I did not work on fixing this. But recently I wanted to use airplay to mirror my screen on my AppleTV and no way to make it works. After looking on internet, I found OS X rely on the intel gpu to make it works. By looking in the "System Report" (system information) I notice that for the UHD 630, it was saying no kext driver loaded. 

After reading many forum and doing many test, I set ig-platform-id to 0x0 and it works perfectly. AirPlay works, the display works, Metal works, etc.. 

I use Lily 1.2.8 and WhateverGreen 1.2.4. I think setting the ig-platform-id prevent them from doing some magic, by looking in IOJones I do see WhateverGreen set the ig-platform-id to 0x3E9B0007 but it probably also do other stuff (I should compare iojones output of both case later. EDIT: I check the diff, I had fake id set to 0x5912, when ig-platform-id is to 0x0, the device id seen by mac os is 0x3e92 - which is the real one. Removing the fakeid - intelgfx - setting in clover also worked)

Anyway, if you are using an UHD 630 on intel i5 8th gen, be sure to have Lilu+WhateverGreen+ig-platform-id to 0x0 or 0x3E9B0007 and NO intelgfx setting.

Screenshot 2019-01-13 at 13.34.29.png

Screenshot 2019-01-13 at 13.36.50.png

Edited by radius

On 1/13/2019 at 1:37 PM, radius said:

So, as I was using RX 580, I did not work on fixing this. But recently I wanted to use airplay to mirror my screen on my AppleTV and no way to make it works. After looking on internet, I found OS X rely on the intel gpu to make it works. By looking in the "System Report" (system information) I notice that for the UHD 630, it was saying no kext driver loaded. 

After reading many forum and doing many test, I set ig-platform-id to 0x0 and it works perfectly. AirPlay works, the display works, Metal works, etc.. 

I use Lily 1.2.8 and WhateverGreen 1.2.4. I think setting the ig-platform-id prevent them from doing some magic, by looking in IOJones I do see WhateverGreen set the ig-platform-id to 0x3E9B0007 but it probably also do other stuff (I should compare iojones output of both case later. EDIT: I check the diff, I had fake id set to 0x5912, when ig-platform-id is to 0x0, the device id seen by mac os is 0x3e92 - which is the real one. Removing the fakeid - intelgfx - setting in clover also worked)

Anyway, if you are using an UHD 630 on intel i5 8th gen, be sure to have Lilu+WhateverGreen+ig-platform-id to 0x0 or 0x3E9B0007 and NO intelgfx setting.

Screenshot 2019-01-13 at 13.34.29.png

Screenshot 2019-01-13 at 13.36.50.png

Thanks for your research :)

I will test this and see if it also works for me and my NVIDIA dGPU setup. The less manual clover.config hacking, the better.

For the past two days I wanted to make a second screen, but failed to have it properly attach to the UHD630. I'm still running 10.13 - which has now also the Coffee Lake Framebuffers thanks to security updates (build 17G5019)

I tried a bunch of things and realized the following in between, which has also been found out by contributors to this thread:

• When using whatevergreen and lilu, do not inject ig-platform-id or IntelGFX, also turn off any ACPI hackery related to graphics
  • To have the UHD630 be recognized correctly and 10.13 load the Coffee Lake Framebuffer, use Hackintool by headkaze to create a proper config.list patch (My current patch is attached to this post)
  • When using an Nvidia card (hence no Mojave for me), make sure to turn off G-SYNC for any G-SYNC screen, otherwise the system will freeze randomly. Annoying.

With these actions, the UHD630 and it's Framebuffer are active, but no screen is recognized. So the second screen is now attached to my Nvidia dGPU

Current Hackintool patch:

Spoiler

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>Devices</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Properties</key>
        <dict>
            <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
                <data>
                AACSPg==
                </data>
                <key>device-id</key>
                <data>
                kj4AAA==
                </data>
                <key>framebuffer-con0-alldata</key>
                <data>
                AAASAAIAAACYAAAAAQUSAAAIAACHAQAAAgQSAAAIAACH
                AQAA
                </data>
                <key>framebuffer-con0-enable</key>
                <data>
                AQAAAA==
                </data>
                <key>framebuffer-patch-enable</key>
                <data>
                AQAAAA==
                </data>
            </dict>
        </dict>
    </dict>
</dict>
</plist>

On 10/29/2018 at 4:44 PM, BackwardMac said:

Hi every one, here is how to play with framebuffer

Issue is that all port of the motherboard are recognised as DisplayPort or HDMI. so you need to correct that.

here is the scrennshot of the 3 patch to use.

Screenshot 2018-10-29 at 16.44.26.png

@BackwardMac, would you happen to have such connector patches also for the CFL framebuffers? My UHD630 is recognized with device ID:  0x3e92  and the CFL framebuffer kext is loaded, but attached screens are ignored once the kext is loaded.

On 11/11/2018 at 11:13 AM, Panzerschiffe said:

Not Working?

iTunes Videos are not working, someone told me that this happened after 10.14.1, I'm really no sure about that. I will share a way if I can find one.

@Panzerschiffe, if this is still a problem for you, you might want to give whatevergreen and lilu a try. Remove the injected platform and fake_id and place those two kexts. whatevergreen includes code to enable DRM video streaming. If it works immediatly, fine - otherwise you can tweak whatevergreen bootflags for proper acceleration and DRM fixes.

@Gymnae
I want to install High Sierra to my Desktop PC
Model: HP Pavilion 690-056ccn Gaming
mother board spec(H370): https://support.hp.com/tw-zh/document/c05991291
HP disabled BIOS Advance Settings, just only disable Security Boot and VT, no more settings about hackintosh 
and when GTX 1060 on board, on board UHD is disabled automatically, I must use Nvidia GTX 1060 as my video card.
I find this clover(in Send me ...zip file) similar to my machine's configuration, it can boot into install, but install freeze at "2 minutes..."
Then I boot system using it and installed macOS through TimeMachine recovery, it can be booted.
But :
1. cannot power off except click machine's Power Button;
2. cannot sleep to wake.
3. System Information cannot get PCI information
4. cannot control light of screen.
Could you help me?  thank you!CLOVER.zip

11 hours ago, blazewater said:

@Gymnae
I want to install High Sierra to my Desktop PC
Model: HP Pavilion 690-056ccn Gaming

This is a complete machine which shares the main chipset (H370) with the motherboard discussed here - but otherwise it might be very different. I'm not sure that this guide or its files can help you. For example, WiFi, LAN, Sound et al. might need different patches. This can explain the lockups. That you have to use the dGPU is a tradoff I'm living with as well.

The errors you describe very much point in that direction. You need to dive into ACPI patching. There are guides for that on a place I cannot and don't want to link from here, but if you google ACPI patching rehabman you will find.

You might want to search here and in other boards for someone with your machine.

15 hours ago, Gymnae said:

This is a complete machine which shares the main chipset (H370) with the motherboard discussed here - but otherwise it might be very different. I'm not sure that this guide or its files can

You might want to search here and in other boards for someone with your machine.

Thank you for reply.

I requst for your dsdt patched options, because I cannot compare your dsdt with my dsdt(many diffences), and I want to use your patch options to patch my dsdt.

until now, I have tried many similar dsdt, only yours can boot up :)

whatever, thank you very much.

On 11/11/2018 at 6:13 PM, Panzerschiffe said:

Copy "apfs.efi" from source machine and paste into drivers64UEFI

Hi sir sorry it's my first time doing this, How do I know the directory of Apfs.efi from source machine?

Thank you for your reply

On 4/9/2019 at 5:23 AM, coozgan said:

Hi sir sorry it's my first time doing this, How do I know the directory of Apfs.efi from source machine?

Thank you for your reply

Nowadays you do not this step anymore. All you need is the afps kext loader Clover insaller offers your to install in the UEFI drivers folder: ApfsDriverLoader

@Gymnae, hi, could you discribe what patch your dsdt have patched? I just copied your dsdt, and it worked well, but when I add dw1820a(wireless lan adapter), it cannot work, so I searched in dsdt, find "BCMxx", I deleted "Method DSM..." which contain "BCMXX", and put Driver kext , booting hanged when initial wlan adapter, so I want to know how to delete all wlan about in your DSDT, thank you.

16 hours ago, blazewater said:

[...] when I add dw1820a(wireless lan adapter) [...], booting hanged when initial wlan adapter [...]

These very cheap cards are a hit and miss - I spent too much time making a cheap chinese DW1820A work myself. Often they miss a 33MHz oscillator, which MacOS expects.

You are better off getting a different card with true OOB support, like genuine DW1830 or DW1560.

7 hours ago, Gymnae said:

These very cheap cards are a hit and miss - I spent too much time making a cheap chinese DW1820A work myself. Often they miss a 33MHz oscillator, which MacOS expects.

You are better off getting a different card with true OOB support, like genuine DW1830 or DW1560.

hmm, could you tell me how to make dw1820a working? I want to try it first.

thank you.

3 hours ago, blazewater said:

hmm, could you tell me how to make dw1820a working? I want to try it first.

thank you.

I gave up. Better to sell it.

On 4/10/2019 at 6:47 PM, Gymnae said:

Nowadays you do not this step anymore. All you need is the afps kext loader Clover insaller offers your to install in the UEFI drivers folder: ApfsDriverLoader

Thanks for you answer @Gymnae. I was wondering if I can upgrade to an pci nvme m.2 drive? I have a wd black WDS500G2X0C, was it possible to do a cloning and plug it to my mobo.  Thanks.

8 hours ago, coozgan said:

Thanks for you answer @Gymnae. I was wondering if I can upgrade to an pci nvme m.2 drive? I have a wd black WDS500G2X0C, was it possible to do a cloning and plug it to my mobo.  Thanks.

I have no personal experience with PCI NVME m.2 drives, but if you have it already, I'd plug it in and see if it's recognized by a live Linux or windows. In MacOS you can use carboncopycloner for cloning a drive, as for Linux there's a great live distribution which can assists in cloning: System Rescue CD - It has clonezilla on board which you can use to clone a disk.

Hey @all!

I'm trying to install mac os on my system since one month.

Ive tried many different tutorials, but only a few worked - my problem is, that when I'm successfully installed one version of OSX, my graphics card works very slow (animations, at example the launchpad, are damn slow). Has anyone an idea, why I can't install it right?

My system is the following:

Intel Core i5-8500 - 6x3.0 GhZ

Gigabyte H370 HD3 (Newest BIOS-Version)

16GB Corsair DDR4-2666 RAM

Asus ROG Strix RX VEGA 64 OC 8GB

1000GB Intel 660p M2 SSD (Target Device)

Greets,

Andre

Check for AMD GPU tutorials. You may need to alter some config.plist elements to correctly accelerate your dGPU and have it play nicely with the iGPU.

For a start, I'd disable the iGPU and attach your screen to the AMD card. If you get to macOS, you can check for tutorials to enable acceleration of your dGPU. Once this is working, you can try to enable the iGPU for QuickSync etc.

I'm no AMD user, so I cannot help here.

Posted (edited)
On 5/16/2018 at 3:26 PM, Gymnae said:

2.2.2 Use SSDT hot-patching

Instead of having to re-extract and re-patch the DSDT on every BIOS change or update, Hardware change one can also use ACPI hot-patching.

It's a combination of config.plist patches and an SSDT, which is hot-patched into the ACPI (if I understand the process correctly)

1. You need to add this SSDT-GPRW.aml to your Clover folder in the designated position at Clover/ACPI/patched
  2. You need to add this patch to your config.plist. It goes into the DSDT patch section
      Hide contents

<dict>
    					<key>Comment</key>
    					<string>change Method(GPRW,2,N) to XPRW, pair with SSDT-GPRW.aml</string>
    					<key>Disabled</key>
    					<false/>
    					<key>Find</key>
    					<data>
    					R1BSVwI=
    					</data>
    					<key>Replace</key>
    					<data>
    					WFBSVwI=
    					</data>
    				</dict>

Awesome, I managed to remove a _PWR method from a DSDT to resolve instant wake from sleep issue.  On my Aorus pro guide I have two EFI folders one with DSDT and one without DSDT. I used your hot-patching instructions to hot-patch config.plist in EFI  folder without DSDT.

Worked a treat. Thanks. Great guide!!

Edited by glasgood

Hi,

I'm using the same motherboard (H370-HD3) with i5-8600 & RX 570 GB on Mojave 10.14.4. I have the same problem  "When I press shutdown it restarts the machine"

Things that I have tried:

1. Remove all usb connections as shutdown clicks

2. APCI-> FixShtdown = true /

3. Renaming FixShutdown to Fix_Shutdown_004 or FixShutdown_004

4. darkwake=2 or darkwake=8 in clover flags

Using AptioMemoryFix-64.efi in Clover/drivers64UEFI with EmuVariableUefi-64.efi though I didn't install RC scripts volume.

Can anybody help me to fix it? Thanks in advance.