1. WarDoc

WarDoc

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By dracoflar
      So you've been reading the forum on this brand new boot loader called OpenCore hoping to try it out but you take one look at the configurations PDF and take a step back in shock at the complexity! Well if you've been feeling a bit intimidated by the DOCS well you've come to the right place:

OpenCore Vanilla Desktop Guide

If you have any issues or suggestions please feel free to comment

- Your local neighbourhood Hackintosh Slav
    • By ignn
      Hello!
      I want install Hackintosh on my hardware
      Motherboard: Gigabyte B360M-HD3
      CPU: I3-8100
      GPU: Intel HD630

Anyone has had experience installing on this hardware? Is there a guide? Thanks in advance
    • By JackBauer24
      Hello,

I have installed OSx86 10.11 (El Capitan) on April 2016 on my Asus Z170 Deluxe system.

For installation I used this Thread.

I used it a lot and it worked well. Meanwhile I switched to Linux and I use Win10 time to time. So OSX was forgotten. Also it did not boot correctly anymore.

Now I wanted to start with a fresh installation and use OSX more often again. I want to use OSX 10.13 High Sierra. Is it working on my Asus Z170 Deluxe? I have the same Hardware as of April 2016 only the graphics card was updated to a Nvidia GTX1080.

My Hardware in detail: Asus Z-170-Deluxe (Bios 3801), i7-6700k, EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 SC GAMING ACX 3.0, Samsung 950 Pro/M2 NVME 512MB, HDD 4 TB)
      Can I use some of support files from the old thread for the installation (see attachment)? Can I still use  Clover 2.3k r3292 Special Edition v2 ? Or do I need a newer version?

Has someone installed High Sierra successfully on the Asus Z170 Deluxe ?

About some hints where to start I would be thankful.

regards
      JackBauer24

Z170DeluxeFiles.zip
    • By Amit Meena
      This card is working OOB, but it has some graphical issues as per attachments.

If someone has a solution please share.

• By crazybirdy
      Patched OSInstaller.framework to allow macOS 10.13 installation on MBR partition.

To use those patched files you must follow HowTo to create an USB installer. You can't just run the app downloaded from Mac App Store.
      The patch is made base on 落下爱@pcbeta 10.10.x MBR patch method, and more patch for 10.13 Firmware check by crazybirdy.

What is this patched OSInstaller doing?
      1. Patch the MBR check, allow macOS 10.13 installation on MBR partition.
      2. Patch the Firmware check, bypass the error of "An error occurred while verifying firmware".
      3. This patched MBR OSInstaller method works with both MBR and GPT partition (GPT+recovery).
      No longer need to set new SMbiosversion, FirmwareFeatures, and FirmwareFeaturesMask with this MBR-patch.

What's the difference between createinstallmedia method, MBR-Manual-Method, and MBR-Automatic-Method?
      As the following....
      1. createinstallmedia method,
          needs stage 1, stage 2 installation process, which is worked with GUID partition only.
      2. MBR-Manual-Method (same as 10.12),
          install via stage 2 manually, which is worked with both MBR and GUID, HFS+ and APFS.
          We can manually format as MBR or GPT, HFS+ or APFS on installation screen like as 10.12.
          We can manually select MBR HFS+ partition to install 10.13 and 10.14 on installation screen now.
          Needn't to update the MBR-Manual-Method files, it will still work on 10.13, and 10.14 future versions, I think so.
          It can be installed as Fresh installation on formated blank partition only, but can't be installed as update from previous version.
      3. MBR-Automatic-Method (new for 10.13+),
          install via stage 2 automatically, which is worked with both MBR and GUID, HFS+ and APFS.
          It can be installed as Fresh installation on formated blank partition, and can be installed as update from previous version.

How to make 10.13 installer for MBR (MBR-Manual-Method)?
      Just use EasyMBR-InstallerMaker to make installer, it works with both MBR and GPT.
      Read HowTo inside the dmg first, same as 10.12.
      Read HowTo Q/A Q6. How to download the full installer app via swscan.apple.com, instead of App Store?
      Read HowTo Q/A Q7. How to update 10.13.x combo-update to MBR and GPT with installScript directly?

How to make 10.13 installer for MBR (MBR-Automatic-Method)?
      Just use 13MBRinstallerMaker to make installer, it works with both MBR and GPT.
      Read HowTo inside the dmg first, new for 10.13+.
      Read HowTo Q/A Q6. How to download the full installer app via swscan.apple.com, instead of App Store?
      Read HowTo Q/A Q7. How to update 10.13.x combo-update to MBR and GPT with installScript directly?

And, need a SMBIOS supported with /System/Library/CoreServices/PlatformSupport.plist.