[Question] TP500LN Can Not Boot Into Installer

25 posts in this topic

I have tried everything! My laptop is exactly the same as @SavageAUS 's and nothing works! (I use Savage's sanity check clover) In Sierra, it doesn't even show progress, and in High Sierra, it stops at the 0 seconds error! I will post in more detail if required. I have tried patching, boot arguments, everything, please help! Thank you in advance! :) (Also, my Time Zone is AU, so it may take a while to reply, sorry!)

Can you post your Clover folder (minus serials) and I'll take a look when I can.

Also which bios revision are you on?

Screen resolution?

WiFi module?

Edited by SavageAUS

My clover folder is the one you uploaded for a sanity check, so you don't really need to take a look. (You patched the AHCI thing, but it didn't work, so I got the windowserver ran for 0 seconds error)

My bios revision is 200, I have tried desperately to update it, but it refuses, because there is a mismatch of model numbers, even though I literally put in my serial number on ASUS' website

My screen resolution is 1366x768,

My wifi module is Intel 7260, I can put in the old one if necessary,

Thank you! (Also,  my specific model is: TP500LN-CJ035H, and in the BIOS, it says it is a TP500LNG, would a difference to yours here cause the patches to not work?)

Sorry that I am super new to this, I think I posted in the wrong section because I can't boot the installer.

Yeah my bios did the same thing.

I'm getting ready for work but the only thing I can think of is in my config.plist I have a fakeid set for WiFi. Try remove it and also delete the brcm kexts from the kexts folder and the fakebrcm WiFi kext as those make my WiFi work.

11 hours ago, zpoo32 said:

Thank you! :)I'll try that when I get back from school. Btw, do you have an updated clover folder with newer kexts (E.g. Osxaptiofix3)? I could probably use it. Thank you anyway.

Yeah I'll upload it after I get home from work. I'm in AU as well, Australia, Adelaide.

This is my current clover folder minus my specifics.

If this doesnt work as is try remove / uncheck ACPI > AddDTGP and FixAirport

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fi3r2wpc1sn60b7/CLOVER.zip?dl=0

Edited by SavageAUS

Thank you! Testing just now. Also what wifi card do you use? Does airdrop, handoff, etc work? (Since we have the same laptop) Sorry if I took a lot of your time. (Btw, I'm in Sydney) Edit: also, what specifics would I need to re-add?

Edited by zpoo32
Added stuff

15 minutes ago, zpoo32 said:

Thank you! Testing just now. Also what wifi card do you use? Does airdrop, handoff, etc work? (Since we have the same laptop) Sorry if I took a lot of your time. (Btw, I'm in Sydney) Edit: also, what specifics would I need to re-add?

You would just need to add serial number generated in clover under smbios (hit generate a few times) and check on Apple's site (Google "apple coverage") and enter the generated serial number and check to see if it's in use if it is repeat the above if you get an error about wrong serial it's fine. You can also make sure the serial number matches the smbios type (macbook pro 11,1) by going to the everymac website.

I use an azurewave aw-ceh123 wifi bt combo card. Unsure about handoff etc as i dont have an iPhone yet.

Also check kextstopatch section as I use an ssd. If you don't you can disable the patch if you do use an ssd then it's fine as is.

Edited by SavageAUS

I have tried everything, to no avail. I have tracked down the problem to incompatible DSDTs and SSDTs, and they are uploaded. What patches have you made, so I can apply them to my own?

(Also I do have an SSD, how did I survive 2.5 years of HDD?)

DSDT.zip

So you can boot without my dsdt and ssdt's? 

I just followed rehabman's guide to disable the Nvidia gpu.

The only ssdt that might be incompatible is the SSDT-UIAC because we have different WiFi cards.

Edited by SavageAUS

Hi! I have got my laptop nearly completely working! One of the problems I have is that macOS only detects my detachable RAM and not the 4 built into the motherboard ones. Did you fix it? Also, what other DDST/SDST patches have you made so that I can apply them as well?

• 1 month later...

Hi :) I fixed all my problems, and I optimized your clover heavily with Rehabman's help on tonymacx86, and I even got the camera and other stuff working. Also, I disabled the trim patch, because I have an SSD and APFS has its own 'trim' and it is redundant and slows down boot and everything if the patch is enabled. I added a lot of kexts, improved reliability a lot, added more specific info with research, full Mojave support (I have tested, it is amazing), patched the APFS driver file to not have the text and to boot faster, the list goes on. I'm just putting this out there. (also, I broke my card reader, so I don't know if it works on mac) (btw, I have this issue where my laptop cannot sleep and apparently it is a hardware issue. Has this happened to you? (also, heres the link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OWIsozLI7WG42Gy5I1k0M9QcItcvGOHT/view?usp=sharing :)

Edited by zpoo32
Damn it the file didn't upload correctly so I put it on gdrive!

6 minutes ago, zpoo32 said:
Hi  I fixed all my problems, and I optimized your clover heavily with Rehabman's help on tonymacx86, and I even got the camera and other stuff working. Also, I disabled the trim patch, because I have an SSD and APFS has its own 'trim' and it is redundant and slows down boot and everything if the patch is enabled. I added a lot of kexts, improved reliability a lot, added more specific info with research, full Mojave support, patched the APFS driver EFICLOVER.rarCLOVER.rarCLOVER.rar file to not have the text and to boot faster, the list goes on. I'm just putting this out there. (also, I broke my card reader, so I don't know if it works on mac) (btw, I have this issue where my laptop cannot sleep and apparently it is a hardware issue. Has this happened to you? (also, had to compress clover twice to go under 10mb)

Thanks for the info.
Yes sleep is an issue unless you disable the touchscreen.

Can you upload that clover.rar elsewhere its not working on here, dropbox or something.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Edited by SavageAUS

Updated! :) Oh, and if you use windows on it, you will love this: https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/7cpf8k/get_rid_of_the_terrible_asus_smart_gesture_and/ 

It is amazing and I am highly impressed!

Oh, and you may want to also replace my wifi kexts with yours, and replace my dsdt and ssdt patches with yours, ours are slightly different and I couldn't get the full nvidia disable patch to work. Other than that, it is good to go.

Edited by zpoo32

2 hours ago, zpoo32 said:

Updated! :) Oh, and if you use windows on it, you will love this: https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/7cpf8k/get_rid_of_the_terrible_asus_smart_gesture_and/ 

It is amazing and I am highly impressed!

Oh, and you may want to also replace my wifi kexts with yours, and replace my dsdt and ssdt patches with yours, ours are slightly different and I couldn't get the full nvidia disable patch to work. Other than that, it is good to go.

Thanks, i'll take a look at the differences. I did notice you have apfs and ApfsDriverLoader.efi, you only need ApfsDriverLoader.efi.

Also i believe you should be using a fakeid for graphics in devices section 0x04128086.

I have attached my current CLOVER folder.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8oef9rovz5tpczq/CLOVER.zip?dl=0

Edited by SavageAUS

OK, thanks! I'll just check with WinMerge 2.15.4 and see the differences. Edit: also, you may want to look at my post, Also, why didn't you use Rehabman's custom Clover?

I prefer to stick to main stream clover, personal preference. The changes in your config compared to mine were minimal, I can't boot if I don't drop oem, which is why I have dsdt + ssdt's. I don't need that spoof ssdt because my Nvidia card is disabled by dsdt + ssdt (followed rehabman's guide) the only thing I have is a slightly slow boot apart from that my laptop is rock solid even running Mojave beta 2.

There were some small optimizations, like the more accurate CPU and Memory options, etc. Also, macOS boots so quickly on mine (not as fast as a mac with its extreme SSD, plus obvious full support, but still faster than any other os that doesn't suck)! BTW, do you use HFS+J or APFS? Oh, and yeah, I couldn't patch my dGPU, so that's why I use the spoof. Also, not dropping OEM works fine for me. Edit: Sphere theme?

Edited by zpoo32
Added more boot info

There were some small optimizations, like the more accurate CPU and Memory options, etc. Also, macOS boots so quickly on mine (not as fast as a mac with its extreme SSD, plus obvious full support, but still faster than any other os that doesn't suck)! BTW, do you use HFS+J or APFS? Oh, and yeah, I couldn't patch my dGPU, so that's why I use the spoof. Also, not dropping OEM works fine for me. Edit: Sphere theme?

I use APFS. Yes Sphere theme from Clover Theme Manager.