USB drives eject when waking from sleep with XMP enabled in bios

12 posts in this topic

Quite the title I have chosen for this topic no?

I got my Hackintosh up and running since yesterday. I followed this topic

and used @MaLd0n 's CLOVER.zip files for kext installation and for the included SSDT's and DSDT. Massive thanks for that btw.

The only *slight* problem I still have is when I have XMP set to profile 1 in the Gigabyte BIOS, and I put my Hackintosh to sleep and I wake it up, I get the message that all USB drives were not ejected properly.

I really don't understand what's causing this problem. I currently have disabled XMP in the BIOS and the USB drives are not getting ejected when my Hack wakes from sleep.

I use 16GB of Corsair DDR4 Vengeance ram which goes up to 3000MHz. I have XMP profile in CLOVER set to 1. About this Mac reports that my RAM speed is 2998 Mhz. I have a separate SSD drive with Windows on it and I do not think it utilises the full MHz of the RAM because XMP is disabled. 

Hopefully someone is able to help me.

Hackintosh specs:

Gigabyte Aorus ultimate gaming 

i7-8700k

Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz RAM (16GB)

Nvidia GTX 1080

System def: iMac 18,3

I have my config.plist in the attached files. Hope this gives enough insight. 

config.plist

1 hour ago, MaLd0n said:

check ERP option in bios

It was enabled. I have now disabled it, but the problem still occurs...

10 minutes ago, camillionario said:

Should it be enabled or disabled?

Are you talking to me or MaLd0n? People who have this mobo (on insanelymac and a few on Tony) all have XMP enabled as well as ERP. 

with ERP enabled it is not ejected, but the message persists.

34 minutes ago, DapperDuck said:

Fue habilitado. Ahora lo he deshabilitado, pero el problema todavía ocurre ...

¿Estás hablando conmigo o MaLd0n? Las personas que tienen este mobo (en insanelymac y algunos en Tony) tienen XMP habilitado, así como ERP. 

with Maldonado
Edited by camillionario

I had a similar issue with my Gigabyte z370 Gaming 5, but I disabled XMP in bios and enabled XMP profile in Clover and the USB drives aren't ejected after sleep.  My Geekbench scores are a bit lower, but my ram supposedly runs at 3200MHz according to System Report.  Using the most recent bios, MacOS 10.14.3, 8700k.

11 hours ago, talmazi said:

I don't have this option in me BIOS unfortunately....

9 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

fix in DSDT 

MaLd0n 2018-05-08 às 23.07.44.png

MaLd0n 2018-05-08 às 23.07.59.png

MaLd0n 2018-05-08 às 23.08.15.png

Hi Mald0n. Not sure if I'm following you. Where do I need to look? Or should I share my EFI (Clover, DSDT) folder with you?