Wayang-NT

macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 (17E202) is out

230 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, LuCyr04 said:

Yep, it's HD 7770, thanks for the info, but sorry, can you explain or link me to a topic: how to disable GfxCGPowerGating :D

I'll receive the card tomorrow or Wednesday, I already removed my old nvidia from dsdt, I want to change the card without much hassle :D

You can use the attached FakeSMC or copy the verde personalities and paste them into your FakeSMC.

fakesmc.png

FakeSMC.kext_AMD_Verde.zip

Advertisement
2 minutes ago, LuCyr04 said:

Thanks, I'd put them the right way?

tezIK3q.png

Yes, that's right, it's from the AMDRadeonX4000.kext and I set CAIL_DisableGfxCGPowerGating to 1.

Posted (edited)

update OK +nvidia and CUDA *Thanks Fabio!* , checking system the USB 3.0 is now missing, any fix for that on 10.13.4?

I also had ASMedia for USB 3.1 now its gone...

the only USB 3.0 BUS is the Asus WIFI_BT

EDIT*

Found this:

• Name*: AppleUSBXHCI
  • Find* [HEX]: 837d940f 0f839704 0000
  • Replace* [HEX]: 837d940f 90909090 9090
  • Comment: USB 10.13.4+ by PMHeart

it helps but ASMedia still not detected ...any help will be appreciated !

thanks

Screen Shot 2018-04-02 at 18.37.33.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-02 at 18.44.37.png

Edited by ergot

@chris1111 Merci j'avoue je l'aurais cherché si la méthode en question avait pas marché :) 

1 hour ago, lilins said:

@Cyberdevs thx finally made it by removing the .IAPhysicalMedia

but had to make a full install

You're welcome, Do you experience the lag with the 1070 and the nVidia web drivers?

Hi guys, I'm having a problem with an R9 290 and the latest macOS update (10.13.4). In macOS 10.13.3, in order to set up my GPU, I had to add its deviceID (0x67B11002) to AMD8000 and X4000 controllers, install WhateverGreen, and all worked perfectly. Now I've a strange problem: with the same method, GPU is recognized (AMD Radeon HD 8xxx, like in 13.3) and HDMI audio works, but I have no hardware acceleration, like no driver installed. I've tried ATIinjection, Framebuffer edit etc, but nothing works. Can you help me please? Thanks a lot!d36d279a3c14da245882fb0bc562a84d.jpgeee536b510265d9ae785c61ebc862d57.jpg

Inviato dal mio MI 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, francescobabbaro said:

Hi guys, I'm having a problem with an R9 290 and the latest macOS update (10.13.4). In macOS 10.13.3, in order to set up my GPU, I had to add its deviceID (0x67B11002) to AMD8000 and X4000 controllers, install WhateverGreen, and all worked perfectly. Now I've a strange problem: with the same method, GPU is recognized (AMD Radeon HD 8xxx, like in 13.3) and HDMI audio works, but I have no hardware acceleration, like no driver installed. I've tried ATIinjection, Framebuffer edit etc, but nothing works. Can you help me please? Thanks a lot!

Have you tried repairing the permission and kext cache rebuild after installing the edited kexts?? If not use Kext Utility to do so and see if that resolves the issue.

Edited by Cyberdevs

Have you tried repairing the permission and kext cache rebuild after installing the edited kexts?? If not use Kext Utility to do so and see if that resolves the issue.
Yes, I did... The stranger thing, it's that HDMI audio works and GPU is recognized by the system, but no acceleration. I really can't understand what could be the problem.

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, francescobabbaro said:

Yes, I did... The stranger thing, it's that HDMI audio works and GPU is recognized by the system, but no acceleration. I really can't understand what could be the problem.

First of all you shouldn't use WhateverGreen and InjectATI together as the publishers of the WhateverGreen say in the kext's FAQ and on the second note I did some experiments with the AMD9500Controller form my supported GPU to change the CFG_FB_LIMIT in the kext and I lost acceleration as well, my guess is that Apple has changed something in the 10.13.4 regarding the kext modification. I'm not sure about that, maybe our esteemed developers can shed some light on the matter.

25 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

Only Xcode available 

:moil:

If you are not a paying member at Apple's developer community you can't download macOS, iOS, WatchOS, etc. There are only few beta application that can be downloaded from a regular account.

Edited by Cyberdevs

If you are not a paying member at Apple's developer community you can't download macOS, iOS, WatchOS, etc. There are only few beta application that can be downloaded from a regular account.
I understand, and probably you're right. Isn't there another method to make work unsupported GPU in macOS without kext modifications for example?

Just now, francescobabbaro said:

I understand, and probably you're right. Isn't there another method to make work unsupported GPU in macOS without kext modifications for example?

The old trick was to use a Fake ID for your unsupported GPU, You need to use a Valid Device ID of a supported GPU under devices section in the config.plist with FixDisplay ACPI flag but I'm not sure if that's still working or not.

The old trick was to use a Fake ID for your unsupported GPU, You need to use a Valid Device ID of a supported GPU under devices section in the config.plist with FixDisplay ACPI flag but I'm not sure if that's still working or not.
I should use the deviceID of a supported GPU, belonging to the same "controller" of mine? Sorry, I've installed macOS recently, I'm a newbie, but (tell me if it's wrong): if I use a deviceID of the r9 290x (officially supported), belonging to AMD8000Controller like mine, should it work? All the GPU belonging to the same controller, work with the same drivers in macOS? Sorry for my bad English, and thanks a lot!

57 minutes ago, francescobabbaro said:

I should use the deviceID of a supported GPU, belonging to the same "controller" of mine? Sorry, I've installed macOS recently, I'm a newbie, but (tell me if it's wrong): if I use a deviceID of the r9 290x (officially supported), belonging to AMD8000Controller like mine, should it work? All the GPU belonging to the same controller, work with the same drivers in macOS? Sorry for my bad English, and thanks a lot!

Yes use 0x67B01002 as a fakeID