Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DEL_T

Acer Aspire V3-772G and HighSierra : still waiting for root device

5 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I tried to install a Hackintosh with High Sierra on my Laptop ACER Aspire V3 772G747a8G75M (Intel Core i7-4702MQ, Board VA73, bios Hyn, 1 SDD with Windows10, 1 HDD for data, onboard HD4600+nvidia 760M ==> attached file with full description).
I followed several tutorials (https://www.aioboot.com/en/clover-boot-disk/, yours about 772G installation).
All was good : creation of the USB Stick, downloading HighSierra image on my partition (partition HFS+ created HDD SATA in the second disk).
No pb encounted during these steps : USB OK, recognized partition, 2 hours download but ok.
But I'm struck during the final HighSierra setup in the partition : the boot on clover is ok, the OSX progress bar started and stops with a sign of prohibited direction.
With verbose mode, i can see "still waiting for root device" (difficult to read because pixelized).
Many search on forums related a USB issue but I don't understand since previous steps were ok (USB install, partition recognition and downloading).
After many and many search and tries, no way, no boot 8-(
I tried :
    - all the arguments (cpus=1 npci=x2000 -v -x -f UseKernelCache=No dart=0 nv_disable=1 USBBusFix=Yes busratio=25 PCIRootUID=0) and variation (PCIRootUID=1 and 2, npci=x3000)
    - starting with options, with kext, without kext
    - change usb2 location
    - add kext (I have these ones for the moment in the Other directory : ACPIBatteryManager.kext, AppleALC.kext, ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext, BCM5722D.kext, FakePCIID.kext, FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext, FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext, FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext, FakeSMC.kext, IntelGraphicsFixup.kext, IntelMausiEthernet.kext, Lilu.kext, NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, Shiki.kext, USB_Injector.kext, USBInjectAll.kext)
    - usbownership flag
    - Fake Id for ATI set to 0x12040000

Always the same string. Damned !!!!

I need you guys. Any idea ?
Is it because my partition is upon the HDD ans not the SSD ? because the partition is not set as active ? pb with kext version ?...
In attached file : 
- technical config
- config.plist
- Clover's report (F4 key)
- some harcopies to understand

sysconfig.HTM

config.plist

preboot.log

0-clover-menu-usb-macosx.jpg

1-clover-menu-hdd-macosx.jpg

2-clover-menu-smbios-options.jpg

3-clover-menu-general-options.jpg

4-clover-menu-boot-options.jpg

5-clover-menu-binary-options.jpg

6-clover-menu-graphics-options.jpg

7-clover-menu-cpu-options.jpg

8-clover-menu-pci-options.jpg

D-Install-The-issue.jpg

A-Install-root-device.jpg

B-Install-kexts.jpg

C-Install-Before-the-issue.jpg

Advertisement

Hello @DEL_T, welcome to InsanelyMac.

Try using the Olarila images, it's a total vanilla install. The site is: Olarila images

The kexts that you are using it's more efficient when you have the macOS already installed.

Thx Allan for your link. 
I tried but no way for my issue.

.... But i found the pb !!! It's just (!!!) i have to value some fakeID in the clover's options : FakeId=0x12040000 (for my hd4600)  AND set the CPU fakeID with the real value of my cpu. 

HSierra is operationnal.

Some tuning yet to do (i haven't wifi only ethernet, but i read my onboard wifi wasnt supported) and set definitively fakeIDs for a smart boot (my trials to set the gfx FakeId is not successful even if the field in the clover configurator is valued... i dont know why it s not ok, i'm poor experiencedd with plist structure... if anyone knows how to setup this field...) 

But it's great, my Mac works at last !

Thank you for all and hope my feedback could help.

Guest jane15818

Oh, God, I had similar problem. :(

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By fusion71au
      AppleAHCIPort.kext v328 from High Sierra PB1_17A291m.

Info.plist has been edited so Bundle version is 999.1.1 ---> give higher priority loading in kernel cache/pre-linked kernel than v329 from later betas/GM. Need to disable SIP (since editing info.plist invalidates Apple's kext signature).

Install in /Library/Extensions (so doesn't get over-written during updates) repair permissions, rebuild caches eg
      sudo chown -R 0:0 /Library/Extensions/AppleAHCIPort.kext && sudo chmod -R 755 /Library/Extensions/AppleAHCIPort.kext sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /   Test kext is loadable...
      sudo kextutil -tn /Library/Extensions/AppleAHCIPort.kext   Confirm kext is loaded after rebooting the system...
      kextstat | grep AHCIPort   To use with a USB installer, the kext needs to be included in the prelinkedkernel. Use PLK.tool attached to post#13 to create a new prelinkedkernel with AppleAHCIPort.kext v328, then replace original prelinkedkernel in the installer - post#16.
    • By b31k
      Hello
      My system is
      Asus Z170-P Motherboard
      i5 6600K Processor
      NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4095 MB
      Be-quiet 500W PSU
      Crucial 16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

BIOS:

xHCI Handoff enable
      Serial Port disable
      SATA AHCI mode
      IOAPIC 24-119 Entries (enable y disable) two mode stuck

I can not build a robust and stable system, The system Sierra is already installed but when I restart or shut down, I get the error Still waiting for root device error, but after too many reboot ( from 2 times to 9) start correctly or other times leave too minutes, with prohibited symbol and finally starts.
      Once started recognised correctly HDD.
      Also I tried with a new  EVO860 nvme SSD , but I have the same problem.

I dont know because sometimes yes sometimes no, the system stuck in this error
      I add some information files and logs.

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
      kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_6.kext
      kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext
      kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
      kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
        thank you.

Solution by Rehabman;

Extracting my native/clean DSDT using Clover F4.
      and check with diff DSDT file.

My SystemMemory addresses in DSDT are mismatched:

SPEEDY-NUCatched rehabman$ diff ../origin/ ../patched/|grep SystemMemory
      < OperationRegion (GNVS, SystemMemory, 0xC74EC000, 0x06D5)
      > OperationRegion (GNVS, SystemMemory, 0xC74FE000, 0x06D5)
      < OperationRegion (CPSB, SystemMemory, 0xC6CC0F98, 0x10)
      > OperationRegion (CPSB, SystemMemory, 0xC6CD2F98, 0x10)

and other mistake in OperationRegion(PNVA,SystemMemory,PNVB,PNVL)

< Name (PNVB, 0xC74F1018)
      > Name(PNVB,0xC7503018)

My system after too many month , keep stable the still waiting error no appear again, it seems that the problem was with the memory addresses in my DSDT.
    • By TheCoolGuy
      So i'm trying to install OSX 10.4 Tiger (patched for intel cpus) on a 9 year old laptop, so far i've burnt a DVD and tried to boot from it, when not starting with -v it loads and then a prohibited sign shows up, and when starting with -v it keeps saying "still waiting for root device", i've tried multipile fixes and none of them work, and im sure there isnt a problem with the computer as it also fails to boot on my core 2 duo machine, so is it possible one of you guys knows how to fix this? Thanks in advance!
    • By Bruno49
      Salve, sono passato da Yosemite ad El Capitan, dopo aver installato quest'ultimo sul PC in firma con il bootloader chameleon, tutto funziona correttamente: scheda grafica, rete ed audio, usb etc.. tutto ok, l'unico problema è che quando avvio il pc senza la USB di installazione, quindi direttamente da HD dove ho installato El Capitan, dopo diverse righe con AppleUSBEHCIPort@fd300000..... il pc si blocca su : still waiting for root device. Quindi sono costretto ad avviare sempre dalla USB.
      Qualcuno può' aiutarmi per piacere? 
    • By iStigPL
      This topic is to gather all information about "still waiting for root device" in one place.

Few days ago I wrote about running El Capitan on the Skylake rig
      http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/308576-success-el-capitan-build-15b30a-on-skylake-i7-6700-with-some-bugs/?p=2184344

I passed all information to Pike R. Alpha, so hope he and others find the solution for everybody:
      The most intresting thing is some bios option called "IOAPIC 24-119 Entries" which is enabled by default. 

You have to disable it to forget about "still waiting for root device" :-)

Why this option is intresting ? it and the other 3 options are not avaible in the newest bios version. I've allready checked all versions and it is avaible in: 0701, 0801, 0902. The newest version 0907 is missing it:

Dumping ACPI gives nothing - the tables look the same with and without that option enable. If someone want to look at it, here it is: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/40896256/Hackintosh/MB/Asus/Maximus%20VIII%20Gene/Archiwum.zip