Twml

HP Elitebook 8460P - Power source: Power Adapter

12 posts in this topic

I have an HP Elitebook 8460P running OSx 10.13.4 High Sierra

I have an odd issue i believe is related to DSDT patch for ACPI Power battery.

My battery icon works the battery level goes up/down and battery goes black when charging/white when not.

BUT... Always has a lightning bolt in it and says "Power Source: Power Adapter" no matter if its connected or not.

How can i get it to recognize my adapter is unplugged?

Advertisement

That broke my battery completely.

No battery icon in top right and in preferences showed 0% can't check the show battery checkbox 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ThatsMatt
      Salve, sono nuovo nel forum e mi serviva una mano nell'installazione dell' ultima versione di MacOs sul mio notebook HP Pavilion 15-ak112nl.
      Specifiche Tecniche: 
      CPU: Intel Core i7-6700HQ (2.60 / 3.50 GHz, 4 core, 6 MB CACHE L3). 
      Scheda Grafica: Intel HD Graphics 530 + NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M 4 GB DDR3.
      Hard Disk: 1 TB SATA 5400 rpm.
      Ram: 8 GB DDR3L-1600.
      Audio: altoparlanti stereo Bang & Olufsen PLAY. 
      Rete: LAN 10/100, WLAN 802.11b/g/n, bluetooth 4.0 (Miracast).
      Grazie in Anticipo a chi mi risponderà
    • By crazybirdy
      Patched OSInstaller.framework to allow macOS 10.13 installation on MBR partition.

To use those patched files you must follow HowTo to create an USB installer. You can't just run the app downloaded from Mac App Store.
      The patch is made base on 落下爱@pcbeta 10.10.x MBR patch method, and more patch for 10.13 Firmware check by crazybirdy.

What is this patched OSInstaller doing?
      1. Patch the MBR check, allow macOS 10.13 installation on MBR partition.
      2. Patch the Firmware check, bypass the error of "An error occurred while verifying firmware".
      3. This patched MBR OSInstaller method works with both MBR and GPT partition (GPT+recovery).
      No longer need to set new SMbiosversion, FirmwareFeatures, and FirmwareFeaturesMask with this MBR-patch.

What's the difference between createinstallmedia method, MBR-Manual-Method, and MBR-Automatic-Method?
      As the following....
      1. createinstallmedia method,
          needs stage 1, stage 2 installation process, which is worked with GUID partition only.
      2. MBR-Manual-Method (same as 10.12),
          install via stage 2 manually, which is worked with both MBR and GUID, HFS+ and APFS.
          We can manually format as MBR or GPT, HFS+ or APFS on installation screen like as 10.12.
          We can manually select MBR HFS+ partition to install 10.13 and 10.14 on installation screen now.
          Needn't to update the MBR-Manual-Method files, it will still work on 10.13, and 10.14 future versions, I think so.
          It can be installed as Fresh installation on formated blank partition only, but can't be installed as update from previous version.
      3. MBR-Automatic-Method (new for 10.13+),
          install via stage 2 automatically, which is worked with both MBR and GUID, HFS+ and APFS.
          It can be installed as Fresh installation on formated blank partition, and can be installed as update from previous version.

How to make 10.13 installer for MBR (MBR-Manual-Method)?
      Just use EasyMBR-InstallerMaker to make installer, it works with both MBR and GPT.
      Read HowTo inside the dmg first, same as 10.12.
      Read HowTo Q/A Q6. How to download the full installer app via swscan.apple.com, instead of App Store?
      Read HowTo Q/A Q7. How to update 10.13.x combo-update to MBR and GPT with installScript directly?

How to make 10.13 installer for MBR (MBR-Automatic-Method)?
      Just use 13MBRinstallerMaker to make installer, it works with both MBR and GPT.
      Read HowTo inside the dmg first, new for 10.13+.
      Read HowTo Q/A Q6. How to download the full installer app via swscan.apple.com, instead of App Store?
      Read HowTo Q/A Q7. How to update 10.13.x combo-update to MBR and GPT with installScript directly?

And, need a SMBIOS supported with /System/Library/CoreServices/PlatformSupport.plist.

• By amadeusex
      Hi there y' all.

I'm selling my hp z820 with the specs listed below since i accidentally bought me another one (that's what i told to my wife anyway).

The machine runs flawlessly High High Sierra 10.13.6 and also has Win7 pro and Win10 pro licences tied to the machine.

The machine is in Athens Greece

I'm asking for 1000 euros shipped within the European Union.

Features     • Make: HP • Modell: Workstation Z820   • Processor: 2x Intel XEON Quad-Core E5-2670 • Chipset: Intel C602    • Memory: 64 GB ECC RAM • Sound: Realtek ALC262   • Graphics Card: nVidia Quadro K600   • SAS - Controller: LSI SAS2308 with RAID (0, 1, 5, 10) • SSD - 256 GB • DVD RW   • 2x Ethernet-LAN (RJ-45): 2 (Dual Gigabit - 1000Mbit/s)   • FireWire: 2x (1x Front + 1x Back) • USB 2.0: 5x (1x Front + 4x Back) • USB 3.0: 4x (2x Front + 2x Back)   • PS/2 • serial RS232 • Line-In • Line-Out • Microphone • FireWire (6polig)    • PSU: 1125 Watt    • (WxHxD): 203mm x 444mm x 525mm • Weight: 21,1kg   The machine is configured to also run MacOS 10.12.6 High Sierra without any hiccups and complete working power management.   Geekbench 4 64-bit  MacOs Results
      https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/12062123
      Geekbench 4 64-bit  Win10 Results
      https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/11972736
      The pictured drive trays are not included - the original placeholders will be mounted!

• By fusion71au
      Clover r4961 ISO compiled with GCC and minimal config.plist compatible for use in VMWare Workstation.

Tested with unlocked Workstation 15 running OSX 10.9 -->10.14 guest in Windows X64 host.

Installation
      1. Download and unzip "EFI_Clover_r4961 for VMware.zip". Mount Clover-v2.4k-4961-X64.iso by double clicking on it.
      2. Mount your VM's EFI System Partition eg in terminal
      sudo diskutil mount disk0s1   3. Copy EFI folder from step 1 into the EFI partition
      4. Shutdown the VM, add bios.bootDelay = "3000" to your VM's vmx file
      5. Reboot your VM, press <F2> to access the VMware Boot Manager and add CLOVERX64.efi to the boot menu.

Substitute your own unique and valid MLB and ROM variables in the /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist (Rt Variables section) to activate iMessage/Facetime on your VM.
    • By careerxcriminal
      I'm using a HP AIO trying to boot Mojave. Both matter what distro I use, it never boots past a small portion on the line and in verbose it fails at "thread 0 crash". I've tried using "LogEveryBoot" and the debug flags but it will not save any logs for me to look over since verbose goes way to quick to read, even while recording. I've set all bios to the needed settings. Can someone help me get the logs so I can post and hopefully receive some help?
      Current setup:
      HP C0063W Intel Celeron G4900T
      Intel UHD 610 
      4GB Ram