Issue with Clover

magarcan

10 posts in this topic

This can happen if you sometimes press any key on the keyboard before Clover is loaded, or you may see that screen if you choose to exit Clover from the GUI.

You can still initiate Clover from here if you wish. To do so, navigate to 'Boot Maintenance Manager', select 'Boot From File' and select the mounted volume where you have installed Clover. Then drill down to EFI/CLOVER and select CLOVERX64.efi

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Allan said:

How you did the USB installer? You had set the Clover theme in config.plist and using the right EFI drivers?

Using Bootdisk Utility within Windows...

52 minutes ago, blackosx said:

This can happen if you sometimes press any key on the keyboard before Clover is loaded, or you may see that screen if you choose to exit Clover from the GUI.

You can still initiate Clover from here if you wish. To do so, navigate to 'Boot Maintenance Manager', select 'Boot From File' and select the mounted volume where you have installed Clover. Then drill down to EFI/CLOVER and select CLOVERX64.efi

My USB device it's not been shown.

Edited by magarcan

Why would you set Legacy if you have UEFI?

Also, using BDU to make a clover USB installer isnt an EZ setup, you need to open your clover partition and copy needed drivers from drivers-off > drivers64UEFI back to drivers64UEFI in the clover folder, make sure the config.plist is correct (you can use http://cloudclovereditor.altervista.org/ for easy config making). Also make sure you have APFS.efi and HFSPlus.efi if you're going to install macOS (google those).

Edited by midi-sama

On ‎10‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 10:23 PM, midi-sama said:

Why would you set Legacy if you have UEFI?

Also, using BDU to make a clover USB installer isnt an EZ setup, you need to open your clover partition and copy needed drivers from drivers-off > drivers64UEFI back to drivers64UEFI in the clover folder, make sure the config.plist is correct (you can use http://cloudclovereditor.altervista.org/ for easy config making). Also make sure you have APFS.efi and HFSPlus.efi if you're going to install macOS (google those).

Because my BIOS doen't allow me boot from other evices tan SATA discs in UEFI mode ("Security Boot Fail").

Edited by magarcan

On 09.04.2018 at 7:38 PM, magarcan said:

When I try to boot from my USB device with Clover this is what I get:

https://reddit-uploaded-media.s3-accelerate.amazonaws.com/images%2Ft2_hu0ed%2Fzhep5lr5aoq01

I'm using Clover r4428. I've set up my Bios into Legacy mode.

Any idea whay I can't see Clover?

images_t2_hu0ed_zhep5lr5aoq01.jpg

This picture means your USB stick is started, boot file (CloverEFI) is found and started. You see it on the screen.

But then it looks for /thisdrive/EFI/CLOVER/CLOVERX64.EFI file and not found it. Possible reasons are:

1. The file is absent.

2. The CloverEFI didn't see your USB drive. What installation did you use SATA or BiosBlockIO? Change it!

2018-04-12_11-51-07.png

• Like 2

I am able to use Clover UEFI after siadling Securo Boot in the BIOS.

That option was locked, so I had to set the administrator password up.

Cheers!!!

PD: this issue can be set al Fixed, but I'm having other problems... I'll open a new post.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 4/9/2018 at 6:14 PM, blackosx said:

Just - thank you!!!!