config.plist please

6 posts in this topic

I've been trying to reinstall Sierra on my Hackintosh for months.  I'm trying to do a vanilla Sierra install to no avail.  The non-vanilla Sierra only loads the Nvidia drivers when I have a USB installer plugged in.  I have LinuxMint on one HD, Windows 8.1 on another, and Sierra on a SATA II SSD.  I want to install High Sierra on my M.2 SSD when I'm confident enough on installing an OS.  I'm not sure config.plists will keep settings but can someone provide me with a config.plist for same hardware as mine? Or can someone look at mine and tell me where I have erroneous settings.

I have the:

i7 Skylake

GTX 970

Z170X UD5

Each hard drive needs it EFI partition to boot correctly, so if you want to boot from Sierra EFI into High Sierra it shouldn't work because the EFI partitions of Sierra and High Sierra should have different modifications.

In order to boot to High Sierra M.2 SSD directly without USB you need to configure the M.2 SSD EFI partition for High Sierra and set the same M.2 SSD in the BIOS as first boot hard disk, if I have understand your problem correctly.

8 hours ago, Allan said:

Ok.  Starting now.

1 hour ago, RandomTech said:

Each hard drive needs it EFI partition to boot correctly, so if you want to boot from Sierra EFI into High Sierra it shouldn't work because the EFI partitions of Sierra and High Sierra should have different modifications.

In order to boot to High Sierra M.2 SSD directly without USB you need to configure the M.2 SSD EFI partition for High Sierra and set the same M.2 SSD in the BIOS as first boot hard disk, if I have understand your problem correctly.

I have been attempting to install Sierra to SATA II SSD because of its stability.  That failed to load Nvidia drivers so now I will attempt to install High Sierra on the m.2 SSD using the above link.  LinuxMint and Windows 8.1 are both installed on their own old platter drives.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Mikentosh2016 said:

Ok.  Starting now.

I have been attempting to install Sierra to SATA II SSD because of its stability.  That failed to load Nvidia drivers so now I will attempt to install High Sierra on the m.2 SSD using the above link.  LinuxMint and Windows 8.1 are both installed on their own old platter drives.

Then the link provided by Allan well help you a lot. I followed it and succeeded. I also use a triple boot system which all boot from Clover.

I successfully flashed the UEFI from f22 to f23i.

Edited by Mikentosh2016
Changed the word "upgraded" to "flashed".