Oschly

dGPU and iGPU injected in same time? High Sierra 10.13.4

1 post in this topic

When I installed 10.13.4 I tried to boot macOS with iGPU enabled only in BIOS (without injecting and kexts, HD 4600) and my daily use dGPU (GTX 750 Ti, injected in config and web drivers enabled) and everything works fine, but it boots slower. There is a chance to make fully working dGPU and iGPU at one time? With kexts, injects, et cetera? Something like dGPU as eGPU and iGPU as main GPU? I don't want to break my build, so I am asking you before trying it.

My computer:

MOBO: Gigabyte P85-D3

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 750 Ti Windforce (2GB VRAM)

CPU: i5-4670

RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz

Audio: ALC887

Ethernet: Realtek RTL 8111

Drives: SSD Goodram 240GB and HDD 1TB.

Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By WeBeRiO
      Hi all! I have a Asus h110s1 with a i5-7400 working.

Only no wake up from sleep, screen black and reboot.

Is posible fix this problem? No is model UHD.

Thank U.-
    • By LucasMatheus
      Equipment Information PROCESSADOR: Intel Core i5 5200U de 2.2 até 2.7 GHz; MEMÓRIA RAM: 6 GB; PLACA DE VÍDEO: Intel5500/Geforce 910M 2 GB; DISCO RÍGIDO: 1 TB; TELA: 15.6″ Full HD 1920 x 1080 pixels; CONEXÕES: 1 HDMI, 3x USB, 1 RJ 45 ,1 COMBO audio jack e WiFi; https://www.samsung.com/br/pc/notebook-np300e5k-xf1br/
        I am unable to activate the Intel HD5500.
      Can only start with fakeid: 0X12345678

Here is the attached Clover I am using
      Clover
    • By technosinner
      Hi guys,

I need help with my Sapphire RX580 8GB. It works and I have it connected to a BenQ EW3270U (4k monitor through DP), but I noticed that the quality of my video is not exactly great; I just don't feel like it's up to spec with some fuzziness and everything just isn't as sharp as I expect it to be. It's hard to explain exactly what I see, but especially when there's transparency in windows for instance, I see what I would compare to colour compression artifacting in the gradients of the images showing through the transparency effects. It looks like a video with fading on Youtube but the compression makes it look like waves of pixels as opposed to a real gradient, if that makes any sense? It's impossible to film or photograph properly, and - the part that gets me - if I do a screenshot, it's not visible! I must have been super tired when I posted... it's visible on screen shots after all (see attached). It screams graphic acceleration issues to me but I really am at a loss on how to diagnose this issue further. It's not unusable or anything, but I want to get it to work properly and get as much as I can out of it all.

As a comparative I did plug in a Retina MBP to the monitor to make sure it wasn't the issue and as expected, I did not see any of this with the MBP.
      I have Lilu and WEG in my 10.14 kext folder, and my (shameful) config is attached, but I more than likely am missing something important...

All this explained, I want to point out a few things: this is an old machine (built 2012) and I had the same config throughout with exactly 0 issues. This is one reason why I not only never had to optimize it, but I now also pretty much fell off the Hackintosh bandwagon: I am not exactly well versed in all the technical backend of this community as I was until now lucky with a plug and play machine with no issues.

I will need a lot of help to get back up to date... that said I also had incomprehensible and undiagnosed issues getting the RX580 to work on this machine. Even if it was effortless for everyone else, I had to do a LOT of troubleshooting and in the end, I have no clue how I got it to work! So I'm mortified of changing anything on it without getting some advice first since everything, iCloud and iMessage included, works. I'll be happy to fill in any info and I'm hungry to learn. It's just a bit daunting to start over and my searches have discouraged me a but. I know beggars can't be choosers but I have a 60-hour a week job and I just need a bit of guidance if anyone wants to help me off my training wheels  I fully know I'm in a bad spot and quite frankly I'm ashamed of it. Help me make it better please.
      config.plist

• By brerackl
      Good evening,

I used to mess around with iATKOS back in 2011, I since have been out of the loop and have gone through several different PC's.
      Now I have built a new PC and would like to install High Sierra to my external SSD.
      I have gotten as far as installing clover and the .raw image to my USB stick but I am getting stuck on the +++++++++++ then reboot problem.
      I realize a LOT has changed and I am having a bit of trouble figuring it out. 

My PC's specs are as follows:

CPU:
                  Intel Core i7 7820X

RAM:
                  32GB Ballistix RGB Tactical Tracer (by Micron)

Motherboard:
                  EVGA X299 FTW K

Graphics:
                  NVIDIA RTX 2070 (EVGA)

Storage:
                  4TB Western Digital HDD
                  1TB Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB
                  480GB Micron SSD

If someone can help point me in the right direction that would be amazing, I have tried using some of the efi files for different x299 setups and such but no luck same results, played with different boot flags and options but everything is so much different I don't really know what does what. 
      I would very greatly appreciate if anyone can point me to some reading or a specific set of files to get me past this error as I haven't the slightest why it is even doing this. Mind you the last time I played around with this was back in 2011 with iATKOS and CD's, I have no CD drive in this build and need to do this via USB and as I understand this is 100% possible I just need the right boot setup and settings.

Thank you in advance,
      Brett