Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
MOJAVE HACKINTOSH GUIDE
**FOR** GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO
CREDITS & THANKS
His help with EFI configuration and DSDT
Slice, Kabyl, usr-sse2, jadran, Blackosx, dmazar, STLVNUB, pcj, apianti, JrCs, pene, FrodoKenny, skoczy, ycr.ru, Oscar09, xsmile, SoThOr, rehabman, Download-Fritz, Zenit432, cecekpawon Et al
autumnrain, slice2009, zenith432
ESP PRO MOUNTER
Hackintosh Vanilla Desktop Guide
/r/Hackintosh - corpnewt
JoniVR & theOneyouseek
• Intel I7 8700
• Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO
• Gigabyte AORUS RADEON RX 580 8GB ( connected to monitor with DisplayPort )
• Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB ( 2 x 8GB ) 2666MHz – CMK16GX4M2A2666C16 In this build, both memory modules are installed in memory slots DDR4_A1 and DDR4_B1
• Corsair RM650x 80 Plus Gold Power Supply Unit
• Corsair H100i V2 AIO Hydro/Water RGB LED CPU Cooler
• Samsung EVO 500GB SSD (2.5) macOS Mojave
• Samsung EVO 250 GB SSD (2.5) Windows 10 Pro
• NZXT H500 Mid Tower ATX Case
• RECOMMENDED WIFI CARD → ABWB 802.11AC WI-FI With Bluetooth 4.0 PCI-Express (PCI-E) BCM943602CS
• WIFI and Bluetooth with BCM94331CD with PCI-e adapter (but will require AirportBrcmFixup.kext for AirDrop.. )
** Avoid Samsung EVO 970 PLUS as Hackintosh has problem with that device **
• HDMI Port on AMD RX580 / 590 ( Ensure you disable BIOS CSM if using HDMI on RX580 / RX590 )
• HDMI Port on Aorus Z390 Motherboard ( Ensure you have correct BIOS settings as per this guide for Intel only)
• Ethernet Port
• SSD Trim
• USB 3.0 & 2.0
• Hardware Acceleration
PREAMBLE - BEFORE YOU START
Here detailed, is all the steps towards building a successful and stable Aorus Pro Z390 Hackintosh, if you are a first time Hackintosher, this guide will have you quickly up and running with the Aorus Pro Z390 Hackintosh. To rule out any problems from the go,
only have the disc that you plan to install macOS Mojave connected to the Aorus Pro, disconnect any other Windows / Linux or data drives, external drives from your Aorus Pro. Windows / Linux and data drives can be connected after successful installation of macOS Mojave
If you have more than 16 GB of memory, then install macOS Mojave with just 16GB, you can later add any additional memory. Install memory modules in slots DDR4_A1 and DDR4_B1. This build has the Wi-Fi combo PCI-e adapter card installed in slot PCIEX1_3.
The WiFi/Bluetooth PCI-e Combo card used in this Aorus Pro guide has it's 9 pin USB cable attached to motherboard header F_USB2 and is enabled in SSDT-UIAC.aml ( USB ports fix ).
Do install macOS Mojave on its own physical drive, so do not try and install macOS Mojave onto a free partition on a disc that contains Windows.
Remove any Thunderbolt cards, Thunderbolt card can be reinserted after installation. Double check your BIOS settings are the same as this guide.
Following are unsupported / problematic
• Intel Optane ( if you have this, remove it before installation of macOS Mojave )
• Samsung EVO Plus drives ( firmware problem with macOS )
• XFX Radeon RX 580
• NVIDIA GTX / RTX not supported in macOS Mojave
• Fenvi T919 Wireless Card, it seems Bluetooth is not working out of box for some users ( Maybe the USB port attached to Fenvi bluetooth is wrongly configured, or the SSDT-UIAC.aml port connector was not configured as Internal, or maybe some other reason )
Save yourself a headache ---> RECOMMENDED WIFI CARD WORKING OUT OF BOX (OOB) is ---> ABWB 802.11AC WI-FI With Bluetooth 4.0 PCI-Express (PCI-E) BCM943602CS
Q - WILL THIS GUIDE WORK WITH MY NON AORUS Z390 MOTHERBOARD ?
A - Possibly may work with other Z390 chipset motherboards, but you will have to remove SSDT-UIAC.aml from Clover / ACPI / patched from the PRE-INSTALL EFI and enable the ports limit patch.
Q - I notice you have the Aorus Pro Z390 version, will this guide work with Aorus Pro Z390 WiFi version ?
A - Yes, but onboard Intel / Intel CNVi WIFII /Bluetooth will not work with macOS and you will have to disable HS14 for Bluetooth to function properly on BCM943602CS or BCM94331CD WiFi/Bluetooth Combo cards ( more info at bottom of guide) .
PART 1 - DOWNLOAD
Download the following:
• PRE-INSTALL Aorus Pro Z390 EFI - RX580.zip
• POST-INSTALL Aorus Pro Z390 EFI - RX580.zip
// INTEL UHD 630 EFI Aorus Pro Z390 EFI's below. For those who do not have a Graphics Card Installed in PCIe Slot, requires Initial Display Output BIOS setting to be changed to IGFX spoiler below!
• PRE-INSTALL Aorus Pro Z390 EFI - Intel UHD630.zip
• POST-INSTALL Aorus Pro Z390 EFI - Intel UHD630.zip
• ESP MOUNTER PRO v1.9
• macOS MOJAVE
• CLOVER CONFIGURATOR
• EmuVariableUefi-64.efi ( Used only to initialise iMessages. It then must be removed from Clover drivers64UEFI folder as will cause intermittent memory allocation errors on boot, explained in guide)
• Native Display Brightness with MonitorControl
// Not really needed but IF no sound on Wake from Sleep then use SSDT-ALC1220 and CodecCommander
• SSDT-ALC1220.aml ( Resolves Audio Sound on Wake, place in Clover / ACPI / Patched )
• CodecCommander.kext.zip ( Resolves Audio Sound on Wake, place in Clover / Kexts / Other )
PART 2 - BIOS SETTINGS (version F9 )
Here is a list of the BIOS settings that I have used ( Screenshots in spoiler below )
• Enter BIOS → Press F12 → Enter Setup
• Save & Exit → Load Optimized Defaults
• BIOS → Windows 8/10 Features → Other OS
• BIOS → CSM Support → Enabled
• Peripherals → Initial Display Output → PCIe 1 Slot
• Peripherals → Trusted Computing → Security Device Support → Disable
• Peripherals → Intel(R)Bios Guard → Intel BIOS Guard Support → Disable
• Peripherals → USB Configuration → Legacy USB Support → Enabled
• Peripherals → USB Configuration → XHCI Hand-off → Enabled
• Peripherals → Network Stack Configuration → Network Stack → Disabled
• Peripherals → SATA And RST Configuration → SATA Mode Selection → AHCI
• Chipset → Vt-d → Enabled
• Chipset → Internal Graphics → Enabled
• Chipset → DVMT Pre-Allocated → 256M
• Chipset → DVMT Total Gfx Mem → MAX
• Chipset → Audio Controller → Enabled
• Chipset → Above 4G Decoding → Disabled
• Power → ErP → Disabled
• Power → RC6 (Render Standby) → Disabled
// IF USING CORSAIR H100i V2 AIO CPU WATER COOLER
• MIT → Smart Fan 5 Settings → CPU Fan Control mode → PWM
• Save & Exit → Save & Exit Setup
SCREEN DUMP SPOILERS
PART 3 – CREATE A MOJAVE USB FLASH INSTALLER
Prepare USB Installer for Mojave ( Video below )
• Insert USB drive
• Launch /Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility
• Disk Utility → View → Show All Devices
• On Left-hand panel → External →(Identify your USB device in left hand panel)
• Click and highlight your USB device in the left-hand panel.
• Click erase button.
• Name: USB
• Format: Mac OS Extended (Journaled )
• Scheme: GUID Partition Map
• Click Erase button.
• Place the downloaded MacOS Mojave app into Applications folder.
• Open Terminal copy and paste:
sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Mojave.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --nointeraction && say Mojave Drive Created • Enter
PART 4 – INSTALL CLOVER ON THE MOJAVE USB INSTALLER
Make Mojave USB flash drive installer bootable.( Video below )
• Launch Clover application, double click.
• Click Continue → Continue → Continue
• Click Change Install Location button.
• Click Install macOSMojave USB installer → Continue
• Click Customise button
Clover for UEFI booting only Install Clover in the ESP Themes UEFI Drivers • Click Install button
• Installation Complete!
PART 5 – CUSTOMIZE MOJAVE USB INSTALLER FOR AORUS Z390 PRO
Replace Clover EFI folder with PRE-INSTALL Aorus Pro Z390 EFI - RX580.zip OR if NO graphics card installed in PCIe slot, then use PRE-INSTALL Aorus Pro Z390 EFI - Intel UHD630.zip( Video below )
• Install ESP Mounter Pro v1.9
• Using ESP Mounter Pro, Mount ESP on disk2s1 ( Your disk name may be different )
• Open mounted EFI partition found on desktop
• Copy all the contents from Aorus 390 Pro EFI folder
• Replace USB EFI folder with all the contents inside the Aorus 390 Pro EFI folder.
PART 6 – INSTALL MAC OS MOJAVE ON INTERNAL DRIVE
ENSURE BIOS: Above 4G Decoding is set to Disabled
if Above 4G decoding is set to enabled then macOS Mojave install will freeze at 2 mins remaining and will not shut down properly!!!!
Please be patient during install, so when install gets to 2 or 3 mins remaining then it may take extra time. Be ready to boot from UEFI USB installer by pressing F12 when install initiates restarts.
• INSERT USB INSTALLER INTO THE USB 2.0 PORT
Here is a walkthrough of the full process using the macOS Mojave USB Installer on the Aorus Z390 Pro.
• Power on PC and press F12• Choose bootable USB drive from boot menu.
• Install macOS Mojave to internal solid state or hard drive.
When system returns to the Clover boot menu choose:
• Boot macOS Install from Macintosh
At next restart, press F12 and boot from external UEFI USB device and choose:
• Boot macOS Install from Macintosh
Proceed with macOS Mojave install
macOS Mojave is now installed, but it can only boot at this moment thanks to FakeSMC and Clover on the Mojave USB flash drive installer.
PART 7 – MAKE AORUS Z390 PRO INTERNAL DRIVE BOOTABLE
Make internal drive bootable ( Video below )
So far, the Aorus Pro can only boot the internal system drive with the aid of the Mojave USB Installer.
To boot from the internal system drive without the installer:
Download and install Clover with RC Scripts on target volume.
If your Aorus Pro Z390 has AMD RX 580 then copy the EFI folder from inside POST-INSTALL Aorus Pro Z390 EFI - RX580.zip folder and paste it inside the the System Drive EFI partition. OR
If your Aorus Pro Z390 has no graphics card installed in PCIe slot, then copy the EFI folder from inside POST-INSTALL Aorus Pro Z390 EFI - Intel UHD630.zip folder and paste it inside the the System Drive EFI partition.
• Remove USB Mojave installer and shut down and restart.
Aorus Hackintosh should now be able to boot to macOS Mojave, Done, well almost !
PART 8 – ENABLE IMESSAGES & FACETIME
// UPDATE 21st MAY 2019
Past experience suggests Clover Configurator now automatically populates correct values for working iMessages when you select an SMBIOS.
After selecting SMBIOS, example iMac19,1 for Aorus Pro with RX580 ( image above ) then go to Apple and ensure you have the "serial number is not valid " message. Done!
If you still have problems connecting to iMessage, test and ensure that AirDrop is working, then follow instructions inside spoiler.
• Mount internal drive EFI/ESP partition
• Go to folder CLOVER → drivers64UEFI
• Place both EMUVariableUefi-64.efi inside → drivers64UEFI
Using Clover Configurator, add the following argument to config.plist using Clover Configurator.
• Slide = 0
Shutdown and then press power on button on PC.
• You should now be able to Log into iCloud, iMessages and FaceTime
• NOW delete EMUVariableUefi-64.efi from CLOVER → drivers64UEFI Folder
• Shutdown and restart Aorus Pro hackintosh. iMessages etc is now operational without EMUVariableUefi-64.efi ( EMUVariableUefi-64.efi only needed to initialise iMessages )
// UPDATE 22nd May 2019
• It seems that there are no "Couldn't allocate runtime area" errors when continuing to use EMUVariableUefi-64.efi since updating to macOS Mojave 10.14.5 and using Clover version r4920.
• It is important to delete EMUVariableUefi-64.efi, this will avoid very intermittent boot errors such as: “Couldn’t allocate runtime area” post errors.
PART 9 – ENABLE TRIM for Solid State Flash Drives
Open Terminal and enter the following command:
sudo trimforce enable
DEFAULT SSDT – USB PORTS FIX CONFIGURATION WITH FRONT USB-C - SSDT ALREADY INSIDE AORUS Z390 EFI FOLDER – Provided by @AudioGod
If you have USBC on Computer Chassis / Case, then SS01 and SS02 is mapped to that USB C port
------------ GUIDE FINISHED YOU SHOULD NOW HAVE WORKING AORUS Z390 PRO HACKINTOSH WITH SSDT USB FIX ------------
OPTIONAL: Set Wi-Fi Country Code
OPTIONAL: System Information - PCI
OPTIONAL: Enable HDMI Audio on RX580
OPTIONAL: Native Display Brightness - with MonitorControl
OPTIONAL: Dual Boot macOS Mojave & Windows 10
OPTIONAL: Replace the default "About This Mac" Apple Logo with RED AORUS APPLE
OPTIONAL - ALTERNATIVE SSDT 1 – SSDT Ports configuration below - replace SSDT inside Clover /ACPI/PATCHED folder
OPTIONAL - ALTERNATIVE SSDT 2 - SSDT Ports configuration below - replace SSDT inside Clover /ACPI/PATCHED folder
OPTIONAL - ALTERNATIVE SSDT 3 – Create your own SSDT
FRAMEBUFFER PATCHING – For working Intel UHD 630 Graphics, working HDMI Port, working HDMI Audio on Aorus Z390 Pro
AORUS PRO Z390 WIFI version with Intel CNVi – Disable Bluetooth on HS14
Resolve bluetooth issue reported by @eSaF
CLOVER – Updating / Upgrade Clover boot loader
RECOMMENDED READING – Excellent Hackintosh Vanilla guide created by CorpNewt with in depth tutorial on Clover.
FOR MORE HACKINTOSH INFORMATION SUCH AS USB PORTS FIX, CLOVER CONFIGURATOR, HACKINTOSH BACKUP WITH CARBON COPY CLONER ..... THEN SEE MY PREVIOUS GUIDE FOR ASUS Z370-G Strix
I'm trying to get a clean install of High Sierra, but didn't manage to get too far... stuck on pre-installer with some errors.
General flow that i've tried, following relevant guides and some success stories:
1. Used [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] to create bootable usb drive.
2. Tried to use different options, UEFI boot mode, Legacy boot mode, with and without Clover configuration...
In legacy mode it restarts after last error, while in uefi it hangs on kextd stall...
Screens with error and clover folder/config attached.
Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 EVO
CPU: i7 2600K (not overlocked)
Graphics: Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB
Memory: Kingston 16 GB (2x8gb) 1333MHz
Storage: SSD Samsung 860 EVO 500GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB
Are this components compatible with High Sierra? From what i see on other threads, people got it working somehow.
Should i use Legacy boot mode as of advice from [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] or is possible to get it working with UEFI? Which one is better?
How to get rid of "Unsupported CPU for reporter"?
Any help would be highly appreciated. I'm desperate on wasting time to get it working.
[SOLVED] 1st hackintosh, High Sierra installer won't start - "This version of Mac OS X is not supported on this platform"By JackRabbitSlim
This is my first hackintosh. To be completely honest there's still a lot I'm trying to figure out... And considering I can't even get the installer to begin, seems like there's something I'm just not understanding. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
I've specced the machine based on a multiple successful builds I've seen in various vanilla forums.
I've set the recommended BIOS, double-checked, but can't even get to an installer screen despite following a Vanilla guide from a popular hackintosh youtuber.
(Not sure if her links can be mentioned, posted etc... Just playing it safe since this is my 1st post...)
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
Sapphire Radeon RX580 Pulse - 8 GB
G.Skill TridentZ 3200 - 64 GB
Samsung EVO 840 (This is a scrap drive. Planned on using it to get the build running first, then cloning my MP 5,1 HS image after.)
Other Stuff: Bluetooth, USB, iGPU, etc not important yet... Current goal is just to get the machine booting... I'll focus on WIFI/BT etc after...
I've tried multiple SMBIOS profiles, (listed below). All of them prevent me from even booting the installer with the message below.
At this point I'm wondering if the issue is HS related, or if there's a step that, although obvious to some, isn't obvious to me and overlooking somehow.
Message returned when attempting to boot the installer. (Pic attached):
This version of Mac OS X is not supported on this platform!
I also get an error when I click update in Clover saying: Package is incompatible with this version of OS X and may fail to install
^ Seems like this indicates I've missed a step or done something wrong?
Here's a list of the complete steps I've taken so far:
Double-checked BIOS settings according to each build.
Built a vanilla installer based on the video I mentioned above, steps listed below... (I've done this twice now, confirming I followed the steps in the guide.)
Vanilla Installer Steps:
Wiped and formatted my thumb drive with GUID Partition, HFS Extended (Journaled) Used terminal to create a bootable installer from a 10.13.6 installer I downloaded last june/july. Installed Clover Bootloader onto the Install macOS High Sierra partition of the thumb drive, and ticked: Clover for UEFI booting only, Install Clover into the ESP, VBox HFS-64, APFSDriverLoader-64, AptioMemoryFix-64 (leaving everything else unticked.)
Clover Configurator Steps:
Mounted the Thumb Drive's EFI folder, opened C.C. and "downloaded" Lilu, WhateverGreen, & FakeSMC to the Other folder, & installed sensors. Deleted the default plist and manually created one using the Coffee Lake 'sample plist' from r/Vanilla Hackintosh Desktop Guide. Copy plist to the mounted EFI folder.
Open the plist with CC and did the following:
Confirmed the following flags were set in CC's Boot section - Verbose (-v), dart=0, debug=0x100, & keepsyms=1 Tried 5 different SMBIOS profiles - iMac 18,1 , iMac 18,3 , iMac 19,1 , iMacPro 1,1 , and MacBookPro 15,1.
All result in the same Mac OS X is not supported on this platform message. The one suggestion I've found so far that seemed like it might work was to add the boot argument:
Same results, installer won't start and I get the same message...
Seems like there must be something I've missed or I've done something wrong... I've spent the weekend searching, reading, etc, no luck so far...
A few questions:
I made the installer on my MacBook, not the build I'm trying to hack. Could this be related to the issue? (I.e. - Does the vanilla method mean you need to create your SMBIOS profile on the actual machine you'll be Hackintoshing?)
Is there a 9900k or Sapphire RX580 compatibility patch needed for 10.13 I haven't seen mentioned in the Mojave builds?
Does the Clover update message package is incompatible with this version of OS X and may fail to install indicate something isn't right with my installer setup?
Please excuse me if anything above isn't clear, I'm brand new to all this and frankly I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around a lot of it!
GigaByte Z390 M Gaming
Intel Core i9-9900K
CoolerMaster MasterLiquid ML120R RGB
Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB)
Sapphiretech Radeon RX 590 8 GB GDDR5
Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M2 Flash Drive
EVGA 750 N1, 750W
TP-Link Archer T9E
Thermaltake View 21 Tempered Glass Edition
-FIX ERRORS AND WARNINGS -FIX ACPI ERRORS -REMOVE UNUSED SCOPES / DEVICES -HIGH PRECISION EVENT TIMER -SATA SERIE 10 ID -DMAC -REMOVE 22K LINES, PROBLEMATIC and UNUSED -FIX K.P in REBOOT -NVRAM / REAL TIME CLOCK -SLPB -DARWIN / WINDOWS 2015 -XHCI -PLUGIN TYPE -HDAS to HDEF -HDEF -REAL TIME CLOCK -ARTC -IRQs -SBUS -MIKEY -BUS1 -MCHC -ALS0 -SHUTDOWN -UAR1 -LAN -FWHD -USBX -PMCR -PPMC -XSPI -GMM -IMEI -EC -PNLF -ARPT -GFX0 -NVME -DTGP -ACQUIRE MUT0 0XFFFF -OPERATION REGION GPIO -MUTEX MUT0 0x00 -EXTERNAL REFERENCES -UNKNOWNOBJ -HDMI / HDAU -FULL RENAMED DEVICES
--USB-C-- test with SanDisk Ultra USB-STICK 128gb
-Credits and thanks to the old and new people in the community who developed patches, kexts and bootloaders!
Slice, Kabyl, usr-sse2, jadran, Blackosx, dmazar, STLVNUB, pcj, apianti, JrCs, pene, FrodoKenny, skoczy, ycr.ru, Oscar09, xsmile, SoThOr, RehabMan, Download-Fritz, Zenit432, cecekpawon, Intel, Apple, Oracle, Chameleon Team, crazybirdy, Mieze, Mirone, Oldnapalm, netkas, Elconiglio, artut-pt, ErmaC, Pavo, Toleda, Master Chief and family, bcc9, The King, PMheart, Sherlocks, Micky1979, vit9696, vandroiy2013, Voodoo Team, Pike R. Alpha, lvs1974, Austere.J, CVad, Sampath007, onemanosx, erroruser, Jenny David, Olarila Facebook Community, Hackintosh Facebook Community and many others!
We're all here to have fun and learn from each other!