Has ATIController6000.kext changed on macOS 10.13.3 ?

Careless

1 post in this topic

I have been running on a P8P67 ASUS mobo and i7-2600k with the same 16gb ram and same HD6870 video card for a number of years now. as of January, I have been controlling fan speed for both CPU and GPU using "Macs Fan Control" app, and it works well and keeps my temps stable and my fans quiet most of the time.

Before applying the latest update to macOS (10.13.3), I had the ability to view the GPU Core temp within Macs Fan Control, and use it as a basis for further rules/speed settings. After updating to 10.13.3, I can no longer see the GPU Core temp, and have noticed that there is limited information in the System Information dialog... namely it says ATI 6XXX Video Card and that it is a PCIe x4 speed... I am almost certain this was not the case before the update. I installed the older version of Macs Fan Control (it also updated), just to be sure that it wasn't the problem, and it also does not show the GPU Core temp.

I use Macs Fan Control because I have a larger 120mm fan mounted to the video card since the original fans started to make a lot of noise. Since doing that modification, I have plugged it into the chassis fan connector on the mobo and use Macs Fan Control to adjust the fan speed of the "chassis fan" using the temp of the GPU Core (though the fan is really mounted to the video card heatsink).

Does anyone have any idea what would cause this? Have the ATIController6000.kext files been changed in the latest update?

I am in Windows 10 right now on the same computer (clover dualboot) and the fan is definitely working in Windows 10. I can hear it whooshing air. That sound is gone in MacOS ever since the update.