G-sync on laptop screen with webdrivers

JahStories

3 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I've been running macOS on my Asus Rog gl502vm, and it works pretty well, I'm just missing keyboard backlight control and G-sync...

I don't know if there is a way to trigger the driver to recognize the screen as a g-sync compatible one, tried injecting the fixed edid of the screen, but haven't got any success...

I made a little research and I cannot find anything useful about this, I wonder if any of you guys have any idea about making it work, would be a really neat feature!

I hope someone can help and thanks as always for any kind if help :D

• 1 month later...
On 3/26/2018 at 9:08 PM, JahStories said:

Hi guys, I've been running macOS on my Asus Rog gl502vm, and it works pretty well, I'm just missing keyboard backlight control and G-sync...

I don't know if there is a way to trigger the driver to recognize the screen as a g-sync compatible one, tried injecting the fixed edid of the screen, but haven't got any success...

I made a little research and I cannot find anything useful about this, I wonder if any of you guys have any idea about making it work, would be a really neat feature!

I hope someone can help and thanks as always for any kind if help :D

Hi there, I was wondering which approach you took for the installer, a link to some guide maybe if possible.

and when you did your dsdt,  do you remember which patches you used ,  and is the order of importance? 

if you would be so kind to post some guidelines I would maybe understand which patch is why :P

And how about kexts?