Nancy10

VGA and HDMI not working after high Sierra install

21 posts in this topic

Hello!

I installed OSX Highsierra( clean install ) but I can't make my VGA and HDMI ports to work. I am running it on an Asus X556U laptop with intel HD510. 

Here is attached All my specs made by DxDiag. And my debug_gen output ( has all debug needed files )

help!

DxDiag.txt

debug_8155.zip

Advertisement

Which method do you used to install mac OS?
And VGA it's a luck game to works, 'cause Apple doesn't use it in it's Macs, only HDMI.

And AFAIK Intel HD 510 aren't support by macOS too. :(

There's some tests: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Fake-PCI-ID/issues/32#issuecomment-330777411

Use FakePCIID + FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext

8 minutes ago, Allan said:

And VGA it's a luck game to works, 'cause Apple doesn't use it in it's Macs, only HDMI.

There's some tests: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Fake-PCI-ID/issues/32#issuecomment-330777411

I will be trying those but VGA and HDMI worked for me when I had my old Mac OS Sierra 10.12 install .

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Allan said:

I tried the FakePCIID and FAKEPCIID_intel_... but it didn't work, at all. my screen will just go black at the boot  where usually it displays the apple logo and the progress bar and stays there forever

Edited by Nancy10

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Nancy10 said:

What did you add exactly, i did inject the unsupported 100 series kext and did see my macOS partition. I couldn't boot at all.

I still get an error from VoodooPS2Mouse i think here is an image:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dkcoWh2ZXj56ketONkrV8x9TNOVJdXkf

I added APFS driver to Allan config.

Now I just added USB Patches because you are getting "Still Waiting For Root Device". 

It won't do anything useful if your drive is SATA though. 

Try again.

CLOVER.zip

Since your drive is probably SATA and it seems like Mac OS can't find it, I would try playing with these patches : 5ade0db36c2f1_ScreenShot2018-04-23at12_45_12PM.png.549bf9d2af70aa594851d2a96cf911ff.png

Edited by jamesst20

1 hour ago, jamesst20 said:

I added APFS driver to Allan config.

Now I just added USB Patches because you are getting "Still Waiting For Root Device". 

It won't do anything useful if your drive is SATA though. 

Try again.

CLOVER.zip

Since your drive is probably SATA and it seems like Mac OS can't find it, I would try playing with these patches : 5ade0db36c2f1_ScreenShot2018-04-23at12_45_12PM.png.549bf9d2af70aa594851d2a96cf911ff.png

But i as i said i alreayd can see the macOs partition in clover. i will try your clover zip.

Posted (edited)
On 4/21/2018 at 2:04 PM, Nancy10 said:

I tried that zip, couldn't see my OSX partition at all

3 minutes ago, Nancy10 said:

But i as i said i alreayd can see the macOs partition in clover. i will try your clover zip.

I mean't to fix that. The new attached EFI only contains new USB patch that will unlikely fix anything unless your hackintosh is installed on a USB drive.

If it is installed on your hard drive, as I said, try playing with the patches I attached in the screenshot (i.e. disabling some of them).

Your SATA Mode is AHCI in the BIOS right?

Edited by jamesst20

1 hour ago, jamesst20 said:

I mean't to fix that. The new attached EFI only contains new USB patch that will unlikely fix anything unless your hackintosh is installed on a USB drive.

If it is installed on your hard drive, as I said, try playing with the patches I attached in the screenshot (i.e. disabling some of them).

Your SATA Mode is AHCI in the BIOS right?

yes it is. i can boot using a backup from a backup of my clover. i am just trying to fix the VGA /HDMI so i tried using the clover i got from Allan

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Nancy10 said:

yes it is. i can boot using a backup from a backup of my clover. i am just trying to fix the VGA /HDMI so i tried using the clover i got from Allan

Can you share the Clover folder that lets you boot? I will edit it to includes Allan changes

Edited by jamesst20

2 hours ago, jamesst20 said:

Here you go :) https://www.sendspace.com/file/b5iijx

It's a shame the forum only allows 10MB.

I did try your clover file. it didn't work. i can see the OSx partition but i can't boot the system just reboots automatically.
here are two photos i took(as fast as i could)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gzhwrz0Ei1qjXEROmY0DGagyJs-CwAcx/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oHS2e2WRx9Cs7_HQFcr4gbJjgJUkB8mJ/view?usp=sharing

I did try your clover file. it didn't work. i can see the OSx partition but i can't boot the system just reboots automatically.

Sadly the relevent information is between these 2 pictures.

I know there is a dont reboot on panic flag in Clover which might help you taking a better picture.

[mention=1166456]Allan[/mention] or other might have more experiences than I with High Sierra and laptop as I have none

Envoyé de mon PH-1 en utilisant Tapatalk