Jump to content
Nancy10

VGA and HDMI not working after high Sierra install

21 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello!

I installed OSX Highsierra( clean install ) but I can't make my VGA and HDMI ports to work. I am running it on an Asus X556U laptop with intel HD510. 

Here is attached All my specs made by DxDiag. And my debug_gen output ( has all debug needed files )

help!

DxDiag.txt

debug_8155.zip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement

Which method do you used to install mac OS?
And VGA it's a luck game to works, 'cause Apple doesn't use it in it's Macs, only HDMI.

And AFAIK Intel HD 510 aren't support by macOS too. :(

There's some tests: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Fake-PCI-ID/issues/32#issuecomment-330777411

Use FakePCIID + FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Allan said:

Which method do you used to install mac OS?
And VGA it's a luck game to works, 'cause Apple doesn't use it in it's Macs, only HDMI.

And AFAIK Intel HD 510 aren't support by macOS too. :(

There's some tests: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Fake-PCI-ID/issues/32#issuecomment-330777411

Use FakePCIID + FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext

I will be trying those but VGA and HDMI worked for me when I had my old Mac OS Sierra 10.12 install .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Allan said:

Which method do you used to install mac OS?
And VGA it's a luck game to works, 'cause Apple doesn't use it in it's Macs, only HDMI.

And AFAIK Intel HD 510 aren't support by macOS too. :(

There's some tests: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Fake-PCI-ID/issues/32#issuecomment-330777411

Use FakePCIID + FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext

I tried the FakePCIID and FAKEPCIID_intel_... but it didn't work, at all. my screen will just go black at the boot  where usually it displays the apple logo and the progress bar and stays there forever

Edited by Nancy10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Nancy10 said:

What did you add exactly, i did inject the unsupported 100 series kext and did see my macOS partition. I couldn't boot at all.

I still get an error from VoodooPS2Mouse i think here is an image:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dkcoWh2ZXj56ketONkrV8x9TNOVJdXkf

 

I added APFS driver to Allan config.

 

Now I just added USB Patches because you are getting "Still Waiting For Root Device". 

It won't do anything useful if your drive is SATA though. 

 

Try again.

CLOVER.zip

 

Since your drive is probably SATA and it seems like Mac OS can't find it, I would try playing with these patches : 5ade0db36c2f1_ScreenShot2018-04-23at12_45_12PM.png.549bf9d2af70aa594851d2a96cf911ff.png

Edited by jamesst20

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jamesst20 said:

 

I added APFS driver to Allan config.

 

Now I just added USB Patches because you are getting "Still Waiting For Root Device". 

It won't do anything useful if your drive is SATA though. 

 

Try again.

CLOVER.zip

 

Since your drive is probably SATA and it seems like Mac OS can't find it, I would try playing with these patches : 5ade0db36c2f1_ScreenShot2018-04-23at12_45_12PM.png.549bf9d2af70aa594851d2a96cf911ff.png

But i as i said i alreayd can see the macOs partition in clover. i will try your clover zip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 4/21/2018 at 2:04 PM, Nancy10 said:

I tried that zip, couldn't see my OSX partition at all

 

3 minutes ago, Nancy10 said:

But i as i said i alreayd can see the macOs partition in clover. i will try your clover zip.

 

I mean't to fix that. The new attached EFI only contains new USB patch that will unlikely fix anything unless your hackintosh is installed on a USB drive.

If it is installed on your hard drive, as I said, try playing with the patches I attached in the screenshot (i.e. disabling some of them).

 

Your SATA Mode is AHCI in the BIOS right?

Edited by jamesst20

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jamesst20 said:

 

 

I mean't to fix that. The new attached EFI only contains new USB patch that will unlikely fix anything unless your hackintosh is installed on a USB drive.

If it is installed on your hard drive, as I said, try playing with the patches I attached in the screenshot (i.e. disabling some of them).

 

Your SATA Mode is AHCI in the BIOS right?

yes it is. i can boot using a backup from a backup of my clover. i am just trying to fix the VGA /HDMI so i tried using the clover i got from Allan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Nancy10 said:

yes it is. i can boot using a backup from a backup of my clover. i am just trying to fix the VGA /HDMI so i tried using the clover i got from Allan

 

Can you share the Clover folder that lets you boot? I will edit it to includes Allan changes

Edited by jamesst20

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jamesst20 said:

 

Here you go :) https://www.sendspace.com/file/b5iijx

It's a shame the forum only allows 10MB.

I did try your clover file. it didn't work. i can see the OSx partition but i can't boot the system just reboots automatically.
here are two photos i took(as fast as i could)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gzhwrz0Ei1qjXEROmY0DGagyJs-CwAcx/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oHS2e2WRx9Cs7_HQFcr4gbJjgJUkB8mJ/view?usp=sharing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I did try your clover file. it didn't work. i can see the OSx partition but i can't boot the system just reboots automatically.

 

Sadly the relevent information is between these 2 pictures.

 

I know there is a dont reboot on panic flag in Clover which might help you taking a better picture.

 

[mention=1166456]Allan[/mention] or other might have more experiences than I with High Sierra and laptop as I have none

 

Envoyé de mon PH-1 en utilisant Tapatalk

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By clickerpw
      hi guys
      can anybody help me.
      i connect display dell 2418D ( 2560x1440@60) to intel hd530 via hdmi.
      after power off first time boot mac os boot in 2560x1440@40.

       
       
      after this i reboot mac os and boot in 2560x1440@60

       
       
       
       
      also i shoot the video.
      https://youtu.be/Mi6O3-ghRs0
      i tried:
      Lilu.kext , CoreDisplayFixup.kext,Pixel Clock Patch
    • By zeg66
      Could you please help me enable the VGA port on the GT710 in 10.9.5 13F34 ? 
      It is currently booting fine through its HDMI port, web driver 334.0103f01 and config.plist arguments checked: Verbose (-v), npci=0x2000, dart=0, nvda_drv=1
      The nvidia GT710 works fine through its VGA port and web drivers on a friend's Mac Pro 3,1
      I must soon return this borrowed HDMI monitor, mine only has a VGA port so I'd appreciate your input.
    • By onlyJRevenge
      Buonasera ragazzi,
      grazie all'aiuto di questo forum, sono riuscito qualche mese fa a configurare il mio portatile e ne sono pienamente soddisfatto. Ora mi è sorto un dubbio, per poter utilizzare la porta HDMI esterna per collegare il portatile ad un monitor cosa dovrei fare? Ho letto che c'è la possibilità che questo non possa essere possibile, per via del fatto che ho disabilitato la GTX950M e di conseguenza essa portava il segnale "all'esterno". A voi cosa risulta? Riuscireste a darmi una mano?
      Grazie anticipatamente.
    • By spectra
      Hi people, can someone help to put my HDMI sound working? I already tried different methods and I can't figure a way to fix this problem.   And another question, someone knows why the HDMI port just work if i use macbook pro 14,2 on smbios? Because my hardware is much more similar to 14,3.    
      thanks guys
      My system dump
      CLOVER.zip
      DarwinDumper_3.0.4_01.02_12.24.51_MacBookPro14,2_AMI_X64_4392_High Sierra_17D47.zip
×