ashman1970

New system freezes

43 posts in this topic

Advertisement

I had another issue with this system freezing when I plugged in a bunch of internal SATA drives, have you ever hear of that or have any idea why that might happen? I haven't tried it yet, still waiting to see if this system will freeze.

I am convinced that my AMD card was causing the freezing and I have put my Nvidia GTX 960 back in my system. I had to install the Nvidia web drivers (161) in my system with the AMD card installed as I couldnt get it to boot otherwise. Now with the Nvidia card installed the web drivers are not detecting the card. Is there something i need to do with my config.plist to make it work?

That did not help, I get the same behaviour which is two of my three monitors come active but they are both black screens, only way to get in is to reboot and disable the web drivers in clover options on boot.

Also now my audio is not working, not sure why.

I just noticed that the fans on the Nvidia card are not spinning which is odd.

Edited by ashman1970

OK once I got the fans working I was able to boot up with my 4K monitor and it sees the card now. I will try plugging in my other monitors.

Any idea why my sound is not working though, it doesn't see my onboard sound at all.

So with all three of my monitors plugged in, on reboot they don't work, why is this? With just my 4K plugged in it worked and with my system on when I plugged in the other two monitors they started working.