Stuck at Apple logo | i8700k | ROG STRIX Z370-G GAMING | RX 580

petkovea

11 posts in this topic

Hi all, a newbie here!

I just built the following machine but can't get past the Apple logo during installation:

Intel® Core™ i7-8700K Processor

ROG STRIX Z370-G GAMING (WI-FI AC)

ROG-STRIX-RX580-O8G-GAMING

RAM Kingston 32GB (2x16) (2400mHz)

2 x SAMSUNG 960 EVO M.2 250GB

2 x Seagate SkyHawk 4TB Surveillance Hard Drive 64MB

NZXT Kraken X62 liquid cooler

I followed this guide for my hack https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/321872-guide-sierra-high-sierra-on-mobos-serie-100-200-300-skylake-kabylake-coffeelake-dsdt/ and did everything accordingly, used the provided EFI folder as well.

BIOS settings

Exit → Load Optimized Defaults : Yes
Advanced \ System Agent(SA) Configuration → Vt-d : Disabled
Advanced \ PCH Configuration → IOAPIC 24-119 Entries : Enabled
Advanced \ APM Configuration → Power On By PCI-E/PCI : Disabled
Advanced \ Network Stack Configuration → Network Stack : Disabled
Advanced \ USB Configuration → Legacy USB Support : Auto ( needs to be auto for SSDT-UIAC.aml to work )
Boot → Fast Boot : Disabled
Boot → Secure Boot → OS Type : Other OS
Boot → CSM : Disabled ( Only enable if using dual monitor setup)

Verbose outputs the following error after which the system reboots straight to the Clover bootloader.

r10): Starting \.IABootFiles\boot.efi

Hibernate wake: no

+++++++++++++++++++++

I tried fiddling with fakecpuid, various kext patches but no matter what I do I can never make it to the installation welcome menu.... I also tried everything Roberto suggests (even his EFI folder) in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URtiCmVewNA albeit all in vain.

Any help will be much appreciated, thank you in advance!

11 minutes ago, Gigamaxx said:

Use your cursor arrows at clover screen and go to “options” then go to CPU Tuning and uncheck halt enabler, and pstates.    Ty that and use verbose mode for error codes.

Thanks for the quick reply, but both are unchecked by default! Any other suggestions?

15 minutes ago, Gigamaxx said:

Go to options and then ACPI patching and uncheck any fixes in DSDT fix mask.

4 minutes ago, Gigamaxx said:

Have you tried -s or single user mode?   Hit space bar and select verbose, single user, don’t reboot, keep symbols, and debug Kexts.

If it stops at root# follow directions listed above the root# message.

Tried both, booted in single yet same error pops up...

++++++++++++++

is the kernel and prelinked kernel loading sign.     Maybe you have a corrupted kernel or prelinkedkernel.

if you have tried fake CPUIds and it has no effect maybe you need to remake your USB installer.   

Mine other thing, did you set bios EHCI handoff enabled?

2 minutes ago, Gigamaxx said:

++++++++++++++

is the kernel and prelinked kernel loading sign.     Maybe you have a corrupted kernel or prelinkedkernel.

if you have tried fake CPUIds and it has no effect maybe you need to remake your USB installer.   

Mine other thing, did you set bios EHCI handoff enabled?

I've remade the installer a couple of times now, just to make sure it's not stemming from a corrupt installer so it must be something else. I'll check if the EHCI handoff is enabled and let you know in a sec!

5 minutes ago, Gigamaxx said:

Also, try different USB ports, it could be this but usually the USB port issue arises later in the loading process.

Funny thing is that I actually don't have the handoff option in BIOS, at least not USB CONFIGURATION sub menu. I did a quick research and it is supposed to be in that section but it is entirely missing as an option. Will try different USB ports and report!