• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
Allan

We are back! With a new style and many others features.

259 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Editor's toolbar carries much fewer feature buttons when editing an existing post.

When adding/creating a post/thread, the toolbar shows this:

Full_Editor_toolbar.png.d5b75ce9a802e9caa7df215e6aea3b12.png

When editing an existing post, the toolbar shows this:

Restricted_Editor_toolbar.png.c9228b8046d05f8af4ccbaff5fa42345.png

Also, the button to switch between plain text (showing all formatting codes) and formatted contents has gone. Was very useful to adjust text in the past. I think it's this (missing) button:

Source_button.png.17c2d2732a55ae7ac6e46f51f3e480e4.png

Edited by Hervé

Is this topic even being monitored by the site admins anymore? The markup code view button NEEDS to be present, it's much easier to write some stuff out that way, or to edit and add a quote from a previous post. Editing a post and clicking quote on another post used to quote in the post being edited, now it always goes into the new post textbox. There is no way to properly quote a post in an edit. Also there doesn't seem to be any consistency in when post are merged or not, I just tried to fix a post by adding the extra stuff so I could edit it and move the quotes. Except it didn't merge them all, only some even though it was all within like thirty seconds, and I had to delete all the posts and just rewrite it, which is annoying. It has happened multiple times where it appears to have quoted but when it saves there is no quote, so it's getting really annoying....

3 hours ago, apianti said:

Is this topic even being monitored by the site admins anymore?

Just a reminder...

On 11/03/2018 at 4:36 AM, Poco said:

Hi all,

Our forum software was getting quite old, and desperately needed an update to keep functioning. I am very aware that the current design and setup needs serious improvement, but it was performed without notice by the site owners so we didn't have time to prepare like usual.

I hope over the next week we will be able to make some large improvements, so please bear with us while we fix everything up :)

Poco

Some forum issues are due to the current theme (you have to know that it has been made for a previous version of the forum software (IPS 4.1.7) and Poco did his best to lay you something safe in a minimum of time), others to the features simply been removed or recoded.

The biggest work has already been done, but there is still more to do. The silence is known to be a quality, not a default.

That's the first actual response I've gotten to any of my posts about bugs/not working components, so I think my question was justified. I can't even properly use the forum because there are so many problems where I accidentally quote someone or don't and I have to either start over or erase posts just so they make sense because the quoting is broken. I would think that markdown editor in a forum would be number one priority. Not to mention that I am getting timeouts or page does not exists errors constantly and when a page does load it's very slow, so it's getting annoying to have to spend thirty minutes writing a post when it's like a two minute post....

5 minutes ago, apianti said:

That's the first actual response I've gotten to any of my posts about bugs/not working components, so I think my question was justified. I can't even properly use the forum because there are so many problems where I accidentally quote someone or don't and I have to either start over or erase posts just so they make sense because the quoting is broken. I would think that markdown editor in a forum would be number one priority. Not to mention that I am getting timeouts or page does not exists errors constantly and when a page does load it's very slow, so it's getting annoying to have to spend thirty minutes writing a post when it's like a two minute post....

Have you tried using the default IPB theme? Theme dropdown in the footer.

Just now, Shaneee said:

Have you tried using the default IPB theme? Theme dropdown in the footer.

Yes but changing the theme does nothing but change the colors and layout.

Posted (edited)

A suggestion here but not critic :D

Can you add button for not scrolling the entire page to go up or down. i mean: go to Top page or down? because with the new design, all things appear big, so if a page is full, the scrolling bar become too small, and you have to continue scrolling until down, it will be so cool if with only one click ^_^

Edited by ammoune78
Changed emoticone

Posted (edited)

Try [END] and [HOME] keys or [CMD][UP] and [CMD][DOWN]. These take you to top and bottom if that's what you're after. But I'm not sure I understood what you meant.

Edited by Hervé