• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
Sign in to follow this  
rrprime

Macbook pro's touch pad as a replacement for a normal touch pad on a Hackintosh

1 post in this topic

Hackintoshing a laptop and then hitting the big bump in the road that is the touchpad that is PS2 and then no gestures and hacky drivers I decided to take the hardware approach:

The touchpad uses SPI or USB. 
Keep the CY8C24794 as this is the convert from SPI to USB. 
You will need to connect TPAD_VBUS_EN on the CY8C24794 (pin 4) to 3.3v as that is the voltage the CY8C24794 works on . 

I used a LM1117 to power the CY8C24794 and the touchpad at 3.3v , and the 5v straight from USB to power the touchpad electronics and the boost circuit for the actual touch. 

I used a part of a damaged Macbook 2012 MB on the back side you will need the circled part only which is the booster for the touchpad.

I will reduce the piece as much as possible in the future. 

The MB was bought as damaged so just make sure you have the proper parts if you plan to do this. 

You can use this as a magic trackpad if you want. 

The main downside at this point is that the device is not connected to the SMC and will not show up in Preferences to configure the device as a workaround you can use MagicPrefs. 

The final step will be to integrate and replace my touchpad with the macbook pro and develop a prefpanel for it.

UPDATE 03/03 - reduced the size even more

Next step would be to sniff the I2C between the SMC and the touchpad on a working model (maybe try to inject into FakeSMC so enable the original prefpane)

post-240243-0-86371000-1520084266_thumb.jpg

post-240243-0-42666500-1520084291_thumb.jpg

post-240243-0-81537500-1520092038_thumb.jpg