JaS OS X 10.4.7 in x86 pc (Acer Aspire 5601 laptop)

vEmpire

11 posts in this topic

Hi there.

I tried to install Jas OS X 10.4.7 on a Acer Aspire 5601 AWLMi, and no success. After installation, when it tries to boot to OS X, on the menu with the progressive bar saying "starting something" the bar doesn't move, and after 10 minutes waiting i decided to shut down the laptop, and install Ubuntu 6.10 again.

Whats wrong? My processor is dual core, is that the problem?

Could somenone help me please.

Cheers

JaS you might be right, i missed that part. I will try that next time.

JaS, now i have Linux Ubuntu 6.10 installed in a primary partition, then i have the linux-swap, and the rest of the disc is unformatted. What you advise to do, since i want to install xp also. Install 1st mac os and Grub will configure mac to boot, or do i have to got xp so xp can boot mac, or should i install mac 1st?

If i install mac 1st and then the other operative systems, will mac boot to the other also?

And since i have Centrino Duo, do i choose SSE2 ou SSE3 patch?

I have a ATI Radeon X1300 and 2 GB of RAM. DO i have to choose any particular patch?

Thank you so much for your help, you rock :)

Hi,

I have the same computer as Vempire but I tried to install it with the JAS 10.4.8 release. The big problem I got is when Mac os x boot, the apple appear and the ''kinda like'' circle begin the run to prepare the installation but after about 10-15 mins... I get a blue screen but nothing on it and the computer stop working...

Any help please???

Neotran, in my notebook that happened when i installed mac os x without the patches... when i re-installed it with the patches the system is working just fine... and i didn't have to disable one of the cores (my bios wouldn't allow it anyway, i can't see such option on my notebook's bios)

As i said, my system is working just fine even with the new 10.4.8 patch, and is working very fast.

p.s.: i used to be vEmpire... :D

First try to reinstall and choose packages in the Customize window right before you click the Install button. Be sure to click the little arrow to the left of the patches category.

To disable a core, boot with the boot option of cpus=1. If that works, you can add it to the boot.plist file under the Kernel Flags parameter.