sidX86

[GUIDE] Install High Sierra On Any Intel Laptop [NOOB FRIENDLY]

3 posts in this topic

So, you wanna dual boot your Windows Laptop with High Sierra 10.13.2? Worry not, I've got everything covered for you in this guide. This guide is completely newbie/noob friendly.

Requirements:

1. Intel based PC/Laptop from 2010 or later with SSE 4.2 support. i3 or above processors are recommended. This guide does NOT cover Pentium and Xeon Processors.

2. A 16 GB or above Pendrive (To install the CLOVER bootloader & macOS Setup)

3. GPT Partition Scheme on your Hard Disk

4. This guide is NOT applicable to laptops with DEDICATED graphics. They simply won't boot macOS and require DSDT and SSDT Patching to disable the NVIDA/AMD graphics. macOS doesn't support dual-GPU laptops natively. I'll be making a guide for that later at some point maybe.

*If your laptop's BIOS has an option to disable the dedicated graphics, then disable it and you can run macOS*

How to check if your hard disk is formatted with the GPT partition scheme :

1. Press the Windows + R keys to open the Windows Run Dialog, type diskmgmt.msc, and then press enter to open Disk Management window.

2. Right click on the disk you have your Windows installed on, usually it's Disk 0. Go to properties.

3. Click over to the “Volumes” tab. To the right of “Partition style,” you’ll see either “Master Boot Record (MBR)” or “GUID Partition Table (GPT)”, depending on which the disk is using.

4. If it shows GPT, you're good to go! Proceed over to the next steps. If it's an MBR disk, you'll have to convert it to GPT first. Google how to do it.

Downloads:

macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 Image with CLOVER bootloader - Link removed

Win32DiskImager - https://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/

Paragon Partition Manager 15 - http://softasm.co/uploaded-files/Paragon%20Partition%20Manager%2015%20Home%2010%20Serial%20Number%20x64%20-%20softasm.com.rar

AppleALC.kext - https://github.com/vit9696/AppleALC/releases/download/1.2.2/1.2.2.RELEASE.zip

Lilu.kext - https://github.com/vit9696/Lilu/releases/download/1.2.2/1.2.2.RELEASE.zip

Creating an HFS partition for macOS in Windows

1. Install the Paragon Partition Manager and activate it using the keys in the rar file. After that, open it and switch to Full Scale Partition Manager.

2. Select the partition you want to resize in order to create space for a new macOS partition. After selecting, right click it and select Move/Resize Partition. In the Window that opens, decrease the Volume size as much as you want and select OK.

3. You should now get some Unallocated Space in your Hard Disk. Right click it and select Create Partition. Select "Apple HFS" as file system and click OK.

4. Finally, click on "Apply" (over Disk map). Once this is done, you've successfully created a partition to install macOS.

Flashing the Pen Drive with CLOVER bootloader and macOS Setup Files

1. Extract the .raw file inside the downloaded macOS install image. Install & open Win32DiskImager, select the .raw macOS file and select the pendrive as the device.

2. Click Write. After it's done, you're good to go.

Making some necessary changes in CLOVER Bootloader

1. Extract both the 1.2.2.RELEASE.zip files for AppleALC and Lilu.

2. Open Paragon Partition Manager, right click the small partition on the left of macOS High Sierra Install Disk, click Assign Drive Letter and click Apply. Re-insert the Pen-Drive.

3. You should now get an "EFI" partition but it won't be accessible via Windows Explorer. Go to Task Manager, click on "File" on the top-left, Run new task, Browse. You should get an explorer window. Now, copy the AppleALC.kext, AppleALC.kext.dSYM, Lilu.kext, Lilu.kext.dSYM files and paste them to EFI>CLOVER>kexts>other and paste them here via the Task Manager explorer window.

Booting the macOS Installer and Installing

1. Disable Secure Boot, Fast Boot and Virtualization from BIOS. Now, select the Pen-Drive as the boot device.

2. You should now reach the CLOVER bootloader. Select boot macOS High Sierra Install Disk and press space bar. Now tick the "Verbose boot" option and select boot macOS with selected options. You should now get a lot of logs and hopefully, the Installer will start.

3. Install macOS to the partition you created for it in Windows. Reboot.

4. After installing and rebooting, you should now get a new option to boot macOS from the partition you created. Do a verbose boot. Welcome to macOS!

TROUBLESHOOTING

1. The installed macOS won't have Internet access. Tell me your Network Adapter model (In Windows, go to Device Manager > Network Adapters) in the comments and I'll reply a fix for you. It should be something like Qualcomm Atheros AR9285/Broadcom etc.

2. macOS does not boot? Post a pic of the log before it restarts or gets stuck in the comments. I'll reply accordingly.

Credits :

Mald0n - For the macOS .raw image

EDIT 1: Guys, it seems posting links to the required modified version of HS isn’t allowed so you can send me a message, I’ll give you the link there.

Edited by sidX86
Only link to Apple's server...thx

Advertisement

Hey there. I am trying to find the audio codec for my asus vivobook S405UA. It is also listed as X405U. I am running mojave and cannot get native sound via alc and lilu. Could you help me? 

Hello There
I'm trying to find a way to Patch my HP probook 650 G1 my battery status not working I've tried rehab man repos but nothing seems to work with my laptop :/