szzs

HP-Probook 6460b 10.13.3 update/WIFI problem

2 posts in this topic

I have a fully working HP-6460b with 10.13.1. For safety sake I made a clone drive for the 10.13.3. I could not update to 13.3, because it was always rebooted !!! The EFI is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/d34g3a8uxjrb1n2/EFI_13.1.zip?dl=0 the other problem is with this EFI,  I could not update the clover, because it caused reboot requences again ! 

So, I made a new EFI,  https://www.dropbox.com/s/viruxewplu2qbck/EFI_13-3.zip?dl=0  which was able to update to 13.3 without rebooting problem.  BUT !

In the 13.3 updated system my WIFI (BCM913224 HMS) is not working (hardware not found...) I tried to fix it dring a week but I could not fix it and not found any solution. :(     I think 13.3 may need a new patch for my WIFI card...  I am going to crazy, PLEASE help me if there is any solution. I think for the EFI problem there is a sure solution, so please also help me to understand which EFI should be proper for me. 

Otherwise almost everything is working: audio, sleep, eSata, USB 2 (USB3 not, but I think this model can not use USB3), WEBCAM, card reader (if firewire is not allowed in BIOS) , firewire (if card reader is not allowed in BIOS) ....  

Not working/not tried : WWAN (Ericson F5521) - I don't know how to install.... 

My detailed specification: HP-6460b / CPU: i7 2760 QM (2.4 Ghz,4/8 core,6M cache,45W) RAM 8GB, screen: 1366x768, webcam, 256 SSD + 1TB HD (in DVD slot) WIFI: BCM913224 HMS WWAN: Ericson F5521 

I think many other may problem with bcm943224hms with 10.13.3 !
I can not change the WIFI card, because of this model whitelist problem !  

Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By EWaffle
      Hey guys, I have a ridiculously convoluted issue. Take a seat.

I am trying to use Logic Pro X on a 2012 Mac Mini I have, but I currently have Snow Leopard OS X 10.6.8, and will need to update to Sierra 10.12. However, I realize I need to update to a newer OS such as El Capitan in order to be able to update to Sierra. Except I cannot sign into the App Store. I am greeted with an error message along the lines of "this computer or device cannot be verified." So I did some digging and it seems to be because my Ethernet port and Wifi don't work. I use a USB Wifi adapter to get around this but now it seems like I finally have to fix it for good so I can get into the App Store to get these updates I need.

In System Preferences > Network, I do not see Ethernet or Wifi listed. Only my USB Wifi Adapter and Firewire. In System Profiler > Hardware > Ethernet Cards, it says, "This computer does not appear to have any PCI Ethernet cards installed."

I'm pulling my hair out over here to get Logic Pro X on this computer, that's all that I really want, and that's all I want this computer to do. If you can help, God bless your soul.
    • By murobro
      Hi. My notebook Acer Aspire E1-571 and my mac version High Sierra 10.13.4. My wifi card Qualcomm Atheros AR9485WB-EG. How to install this card is my Hackintosh. I am trying several methods and no luck. I find this post and do not want how to install this kext. I am a newbie. Please help me. I need a full tutorial.

• By superq
      Hello everyone,
      My hack(HP Elitebook 2570p) works perfectly exept for one thing:Wifi.
      It has a BCM943142 Combo card,is there any way to get that card working?
      I'm running HS.
      Thanks in advance!
    • By bojarek8
      Hi! 

I'm Kris!  I hope my topic is in a good section.
      I am asking you guys for help in this difficult hackintosh problem. 
      For a very long time I tried to solve it myself but I have no idea how I can solve this problem.

Description of the problem

My problem is that I do not have access to any apple service. I am unable to log into the App Store using my Apple ID. I am unable to log into iCloud account in system preferences. iMessage and Facetime also do not work.  Messages that I get when I try to log in: "An error occurred during activation. Try again" 

in iMessage: "An error occurred during activation. Try again" 
      in App Store: "This device or computer can not be verified. Contact the support department for help"
      in Face Time: "There was an error during activation. Try again"

In summary, I am unable to log in to any apple network service. 

My Specification 

Motherboard:  Acer MG43M

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU  E7600  3.06GHz

Graphic card: Gigabyte GeForce 9600GT 515MB 

Wi-fi: TP-LINK  TL-WN881ND

Ethernet: (not supported) 

Audio: (rather, it is not needed here)

Files: 

My config.plist: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1vlYJC329sz6yuTwFr-k0fOs3rfhKeI6l