Problem checking disc during installation

ofirkarin

6 posts in this topic

Im trying to install OSx86 10.4.6 on a pc with intel processor, (i should note i've never installed os x) at first, i didnt make a customized installation and the installation went fine but it could not boot from the HD after it was done, anyway, i realized m error and i went on to install it customized, i checked the patches i needed and when i try to install, the DVD check at the begining fails... it offers either to reset and check the disc or ignore the problem.

Now, does that mean my DVD doesnt have those patches or something like that ?

I'd appreciate any help.

Thank you.

The installer is having a problem with the DVD. Try these things:

Burn the DVD at the slowest speed possible. If available, use a different brand and/or type of media (dvd-r, dvd+r, dvd-rw, dvd+rw)

Make sure your DVD drive has the latest firmware.

The iso may be corrupt, download it again.

Well thank you, but those solutions are the obvious ones, and what i was wondering about was the fact that without customizing the installation the install went fine, and the problem accured only when i add some compartments to the installation, that means that the problem is with those files right ? is it possible that the disc i have doesnt have those patches ?

im having teh same problems.. 3 of my dvd that was burn using this brand doesnt really work 2x10.4.8 dvd's and 1x10.4.5 and i thought 10.4.5 was the only one that was bad now once i thought about it might be the media that i used because my 10.4.6 used mitsubishi dvd and it work just great.

Well thank you, but those solutions are the obvious ones, and what i was wondering about was the fact that without customizing the installation the install went fine, and the problem accured only when i add some compartments to the installation, that means that the problem is with those files right ? is it possible that the disc i have doesnt have those patches ?

The DVD check at the beginning of the installation has nothing to do with what packages you select. It is checking the integrity of the DVD and everything on it. In fact, most people skip that step if the DVD check has been successfully run before. If it succeeds one time and fails the next, then perhaps the DVD got dirty or scratched or the lens in the DVD drive got dirty. Or the DVD was rather iffy the first time and handling it caused a disruption in the dye layer such that it is now giving errors. Or a temperature difference caused the DVD to change just enough that it no longer reads the same.

All packages shown in the Customize window are on the DVD.