iPhone8 usb connection loop osx High Sierra 10.13.(2 and 3)

2 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have a OSX 10.13.2 High Sierra guest running on Win7 pro.

The guest is only used to configure idevice with Apple configurator2.

guest and host as the latest itunes version and driver.

I use an iPhone 6 and 6S and it's working perfectly, my problem started when I got 2 new iphone8+ (and later while writing the post, using an iPhone SE, same problem), on the host machine, no problem at all, they work and they are displayed in itunes.

When I connect to guest, the loop start and I have to physically disconnect the usb cable for it to stop, trying the right-click on icon and connect/disconnect host... not working, it give me a unknown error.

I was running Workstation Pro 12.5, so I decide to upgrade to 14.1.1, same problem.

I tried on the Player 14, same problem... BUT, once, only once it work and I was able to see the device in Configurator and apply the profile that I needed.

I also have a WinXP and a Win7 VM, and they can connect to the iphone8, so look like it's not an issue with the host/vmware application...

VMTools is up to date

Set to USB 2.0,

Use the PC USB 2.0 or 3.0 port, with or without a USB hub (all those options work with the iphone 6/6s)

The "usb.quirks.device0 = "0xvid:0xpid" config been tested and not working

I delete all the files in c:\users\vmware\...

I tested a new fresh guest machine from scratch, same result (so I can get narrow out a faulty .vmx file)

The result is always the same... loop reconnect/disconnect on the guest machine, I hear the "dong" sound on Win7 when usb device is connect looping with the idevice sound when it connect...

This is the log file for the iphone6s with the connection working

2018-02-13T18:54:01.302-05:00| vmx| I125: USB: Found device [name:Apple\ iPhone vid:05ac pid:12a8 path:1/9/0/9/2/3 speed:high family:vendor,audio,hid,imaging virtPath:ehci:0 instanceId:USB\\VID_0E0F&PID_0001\\xxx serialnum:xxx arbRuntimeKey:6 quirks:slow-reconnect ownerdisplay:OS\ 10.13.2\ High\ Sierra version:3], connected to ehci port 0.

2018-02-13T18:54:01.302-05:00| vmx| I125: USB: Device [name:Apple\ iPhone vid:05ac pid:12a8 path:1/9/0/9/2/3 speed:high family:vendor,audio,hid,imaging virtPath:ehci:0 instanceId:USB\\VID_0E0F&PID_0001\\xxx serialnum:xxx arbRuntimeKey:6 quirks:slow-reconnect ownerdisplay:OS\ 10.13.2\ High\ Sierra version:3] should already be connected

And this is the iPhone8+ that doesn't work

2018-02-13T19:23:39.465-05:00| vmx| I125: USB: Found device [name:Apple\ iPhone vid:05ac pid:12a8 path:1/9/0/9/2/3 speed:high family:vendor,audio,hid,imaging virtPath:ehci:0 instanceId:USB\\VID_0E0F&PID_0001\\xxx serialnum:xxx disconnected:1 arbRuntimeKey:8 quirks:slow-reconnect ownerdisplay:OS\ 10.13.2\ High\ Sierra version:3], connected to ehci port 0.

2018-02-13T19:23:39.465-05:00| vmx| I125: USB: Device [name:Apple\ iPhone vid:05ac pid:12a8 path:1/9/0/9/2/3 speed:high family:vendor,audio,hid,imaging virtPath:ehci:0 instanceId:USB\\VID_0E0F&PID_0001\\xxx serialnum:xxx disconnected:1 arbRuntimeKey:8 quirks:slow-reconnect ownerdisplay:OS\ 10.13.2\ High\ Sierra version:3] should already be connected

I highlighted the only difference between both.

Any clue why ??

My next project will be to test it on another PC in the office, fresh Workstation installation.

Thanks

Update....

I tried to run vmware on other PC, I have AMD cpu all over or old Intel that don't work well with virtualization... so basically all attempt to use another PC to test the VM was unsuccessful.

I decide to wipe clean any trace of VMWare in my pc and installed a fresh WS14 and retried, the problem is the same...

There's  something that is wrong with HighSierra or Sierra 10.12 (I found an old backup of my VM before I upgrade to 10.13 same problem.) and VMware

One iPhone SE was once connect to that VM as I used configurator on it... and now it's not connecting to the guest, but host, no problem.

Erase all traces of Apple driver, iTunes, USB connection on the host, same problem.

All help we be appreciate.

Thanks