dfear

The version of macOS installed on this mac is newer than the version you are trying to install

6 posts in this topic

Hi

I am try to install High Sierra, as per #####
I have have successfully booted from the install usb drive and have booted into "Install macOS High Sierra". I had to add a boot flag (-no_compat_check) to the clover bootloader in order for the usb stick to boot properly. Also, at first I couldn't see the SSD drive in disk utility, but I fixed that by asking disk utility to show all drives.

Onto the current problem. I am having major issues trying to install High Sierra to a NVMe SSD. When I run "Install macOS High "Sierra" I get the following error:

"The version of macOS installed on this mac is newer than the version you are trying to install. When a new update is available, you can install it from the Updates plane in the Mac App Store. If you want to reinstall macOS, please use macOS recovery."

Also, It doesn't matter if the startup volume is formatted as APFS or HFS+.

If I format the drive using GPARTED on linux, the installer just says the startup volume doesn't have journaling enable. If I then run disk utility and enable journaling on the startup volume, then go back to the installer, I get the aforementioned error msg.

I have the following specs:

i9-7900.
Asus Prime X299 Deluxe.
ADATA 512GB NVMe SSD.

How do I fix this issue?

Advertisement

Hi how did you exactly create the USB installer?

You have two options to fix the issue.

1. Use the D2 section of the guide by @KGP-iMacPro to create the 'Install macOS High Sierra.app" from Apple and I'm assuming that you are using the iMacPro SMBIOS then use the installer to create the USB disk using the createinstallmedia method by formatting a USB disk with disk utility and name it "untitled" and then use the following command in terminal to create the USB disk:

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app —nointeraction

2. Boot from the recovery partition and the select "Install macOS High Sierra" which will download the latest version of the installer directly from apple. You need to be connected to the internet in order to download the installer online.

I personally prefer the first step because you can keep the installer for the future references.

Hi how did you exactly create the USB installer?

You have two options to fix the issue.

1. Use the D2 section of the guide by @KGP-iMacPro to create the 'Install macOS High Sierra.app" from Apple and I'm assuming that you are using the iMacPro SMBIOS then use the installer to create the USB disk using the createinstallmedia method by formatting a USB disk with disk utility and name it "untitled" and then use the following command in terminal to create the USB disk:

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app —nointeraction

2. Boot from the recovery partition and the select "Install macOS High Sierra" which will download the latest version of the installer directly from apple. You need to be connected to the internet in order to download the installer online.

I personally prefer the first step because you can keep the installer for the future references.

I followed "D.) iMac Pro macOS 10.13 High Sierra System Setup" of #####

I didn't have to do D.2) of the guide because I already had a copy of "Install High Sierra.app" I downloaded previously. I put the .app file in the Applications folder and ran createinstallmedia. Other than that, I have followed the guide.

I can't do 2) as this is a clean install on a brand new PC.

hello

VERY IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ! (ABOUT TONYMACX86 AND iATKOS M / Y / EC / SR)    

Why InsanelyMac does not support tonymacx86    

why u don't see how is always in ur post a mask about tmac links

if u persist with that why u don't ask there what is ur problem ?

good hack 

I followed "D.) iMac Pro macOS 10.13 High Sierra System Setup" of #####

I didn't have to do D.2) of the guide because I already had a copy of "Install High Sierra.app" I downloaded previously. I put the .app file in the Applications folder and ran createinstallmedia. Other than that, I have followed the guide.

I can't do 2) as this is a clean install on a brand new PC.

We do not support/discuss tonymac's apps or guides, if you want help from us first read the rules about tonymac as @artur_pt posted and then follow the instructions we suggest.

Otherwise it would be a waste of your time as well as ours.

The version of the macOS High Sierra Install.app for iMacPro is 13.3.01 and the version of the macOS High Sierra Install.app for regular Macs is 13.3.02 make sure that you have the correct installer for your hack.

post-1011040-0-47677000-1518636069_thumb.png

Thanks for this thread.

So I gathered from the discussion here that the simple answer is to go into your config.plist and adjust the /SMBIOS/ProductName to an older hardware name (eg MacBookPro15,1 ---> MacBookPro11,1). That worked.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ITzTravelInTime
      Hi guys, this thread is to show you a new and open source app, created by me, that I called TINU:

The name means: TINU Is Not #####, the U refers to a popular software that is used to create macOS hackintosh installers (that for good reasons is banned on this forum), but the aim of the name is to explain that this app is a totally different thing from that software and works in a totally different way.

This app basically is a graphical interface for the createinstallmedia executable that is inside the macOS and Mac OS X installer apps, it is capable to create a bootable installer completely vanilla like what you do using the command line method, and also this method is recommended by apple itself. In addition to this, this app provvides to you simplicity and flexybility, and lets you to avoid most of the steps needed with every other app.

TINU allows you to create easily a bootable macOS installer without messing around with command line stuff and without using disk utility, all you need to do is use the app and then install clover on the usb drive once TINU has finished or leave it as is if you want to use it on a real Mac.

Features:
      - Simple-to-use UI that allows you to easily start the bootable macOS installer creation process.
      - It can work with every macOS installer app that has the createinstallmedia executable inside its resources folder (including also beta and newly released installers).
      - You can use any erasable volume that is at least 7 GB of size (if the volume's drive is not in GUID format, TINU will re-format it accordingly).
      - Can work with the Mac OS recovery system, so you can create a bootable macOS installer from the macOS installer itself or from the macOS recovery partition, and you can use TINU to install macOS, too.
      - 100% clean: The bootable macOS installers created with this tool are vanilla, just as if you created them using the command line "createinstallmedia" method in Terminal.
      - Open Source: You can verify what this program does on your computer and you can create your own version by downloading and playing with the source code.
      - Does not require any special preparations. Just open the program, make sure you have a USB drive plugged in and have a macOS installer app on your disk.
      - No need to use Disk Utility. TINU can format your drive or partition for you.
      - Integrated EFI partition mounter tool.
      - Uses recent, modern, APIs and SDKs and the Swift 3 language.
      - Transparent graphics style available (type alt-S or choose from the menu bar: View -> Use transparent style).
      - Works using the latest versions of macOS and will also support newer Mac installers out of the box without requiring an update.
      - Offers advanced features to customize your bootable macOS installer.

Features that are planned for future versions:
      - Install and configure [Clover](https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/).
      - Install kexts into Clover's kexts folder.
      - Clover drivers customization
      - Use custom DSDT in Clover
      - Integrated pre-made Clover config templates database from a remote and open repository.
      - Support for other languages, at least Italian.

# Requirements:
      - A computer that runs Mac OS X Yosemite or a more recent version (Mac OS X El Capitan is required to use TINU in a macOS recovery or installer).
      - A drive or a free partition (on a drive which already supports GUID) of least 7 GB that you want to turn into a macOS/Mac OS X installer.
      - A copy of a macOS/Mac OS X installer app (Maveriks or newer versions are supported) in the /Applications folder or in the root of any storage drive on your machine (excepted the drive or volume you want to turn into your macOS install media).

Download:
      https://github.com/ITzTravelInTime/TINU/releases

Frequently asked questions:
      https://github.com/ITzTravelInTime/TINU/wiki/FAQs

Useful links:
      Thread (english) on insanelymac.com:
      - http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/326959-tinu-the-macos-installer-creator-app-mac-app/
      Thread (italian) on insanelymac.com:
      - https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/333261-tinu-app-per-creare-chiavette-di-installazione-di-macos-thread-in-italiano/
      Thread (english-german) on hackintosh-forum.de:
      - https://www.hackintosh-forum.de/index.php/Thread/33630-TINU/
      Post on Reddit:
      - https://www.reddit.com/r/hackintosh/comments/a1h61d/tinu_vanilla_bootable_macos_installer_creation/
      Facebook hackintosh help and beta testing (Italian only):
      - https://www.facebook.com/groups/Italia.hackintosh/?fref=ts
      Contact me (project creator):
      - Insanelymac.com profile: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/user/1390153-itztravelintime/
      - email: piecaruso97@gmail.com

Note that:
      - This software is under GNU GPL v3 license so any new branch/mod/third party release must be open source and under the same license
      - I (project creator) assume no responsibility for any use of this app and this source code, and also for any kind of hardware and software damage to any computer and any device or peripheral that may come from this app or source code during it's use and outside it's usage
      - I (project creator) do not guarantee support to you, this is only an open source project, not a product released by a company!
      - This project is born only for educational and demonstrative purposes, it's not intended to be used for commercial purposes and it will never be, don't use source code from this project to create apps or software for that aim.
      - This is a no-profit project, born only to let people to create macOS install medias in a more simple way and also to learn how to create this kind of apps.

Credits:
      - Apple for macos and installer apps and scripts
      - People that helped me a lot:
      Francesco Perchiazzi, Nicola Tomarelli, Roberto Sciortino, Raffaele Sonnessa, Ermanno Nicoletti, Tommaso Dimatore, Michele Vitiello Bonaventura, Massimiliano Faralli, Davide Dessì, Giorgio Dall'Aglio, Peter Paul Chato.   
      - Special thanks to Italian Hackintosh group!! for help (https://www.facebook.com/groups/Italia.hackintosh/?fref=ts)
      - Thomas Tempelmann for help with the UI
      - Pietro Caruso (ITzTravelInTime) for creating, maintaing and developing this project

• By STLVNUB
      I'm currently working on a new version of INSTAHackintosh.
      Purpose:
      This will enable user to make fully customisable  Recovery, Installer and Installed.
      This is taking a completely different approach, no createmedia/startosinstall  blah blah blah.
      Mojave installed to MBR/HFS no patch needed.
      You will be able to add kexts to the Installer as well as some Apps.
      You can do the same with the Recovery and Installed.
      Will be able to make a USB/ISO or Install straight to HD.

Usage: Example: To HD from Mojave
      Install High Sierra 10.13.6 to HD
      Install SecUpd2018-003HighSierra.pkg to HD
      Install NVIDIA Web Driver 387.10.10.10.40.113.pkg to HD
      Install Applications to HD
      Install Kexts to HD
      Reboot to HD, Fully Updated with working video

Will post a beta version ( HD only ) when it is done
      EDIT:
      would anybody happen to have an old version of my INSTAHackintosh?
      I've lost all my copies.
      No sense re-inventing the wheel.

• By fusion71au
      Clover r4799 ISO compiled with GCC and minimal config.plist compatible for use in VMWare Workstation.

Tested with unlocked Workstation 15 running OSX 10.9 -->10.14 guest in Windows X64 host.

Installation
      1. Download and unzip "EFI_Clover_r4799 for VMware.zip". Mount Clover-v2.4k-4799-X64 by double clicking on it.
      2. Mount your VM's EFI System Partition eg in terminal
      sudo diskutil mount disk0s1   3. Copy EFI folder from step 1 into the EFI partition
      4. Shutdown the VM, add bios.bootDelay = "3000" to your VM's vmx file
      5. Reboot your VM, press <F2> to access the VMware Boot Manager and add CLOVERX64.efi to the boot menu.

Substitute your own unique and valid MLB and ROM variables in the /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist (Rt Variables section) to activate iMessage/Facetime on your VM.
    • By grisno
      This is a preliminary Mac OS driver installer for laptop HP Pavilion G6-2209SS with support for dual boot Bootloader. Maybe it can be installed on other HP Pavillion G6 series laptops, but in some cases additional fixes will have to be made.

I want to thank the whole community for their efforts and content provided, because without these it would not be possible to create this installer.

I would appreciate comments and suggestions!!

CPU : OK Intel Core i3-2370MAUDIO : OK IDT 92HD87B2/4 (111d:76d9) Layer 3 & 12 (Speakers+Hearphones+LineIn+MicInt w/NoiseFilter+MicExt+HDMI)VIDEO : OK Intel HD Graphics 3000 (8086:0116) (LVDS + HDMI A/V + VGA) (VGA MacOS < 10.8.2)MEMORY : OK Intel 2nd Generation Core Proccesor DRAM Controller (8086:0104) (Dual Channel DDR3 Up To 16GB)SATA : OK Intel 7 Series Chipset Family SATA Controller (8086:1e03) (ACHI Mode)DVD : OK (Read & Write)USB 2.0 : OK Intel 7/C216 Chipset Family USB Enhaced Host Controller (8086:1e26 & 8086:1e2d)USB 3.0 : OK Intel 7/C216 Chipset Family USB xHCI Host Controller (08086:1e31)WEBCAM : OK HP TrueVision HD (SuYin) (064e:e263) [USB 2.0]KEYBOARD : OK PS/2TRACKPAD : OK PS/2 SynapticsLAN : OK Realtek RTL8501E Fast/Gigabyte Ethernet Controller PCI Express (10ec:103c) *AIRPORT : KO MediaTek RT3290 PCI Express (1814:3290) (Not Supported)BLUETOOTH : KO MediaTek RT3290 PCI Express (1814:3298) (Not Supported)CREADER : OK Realtek RTS5229 PCI Express (10ec:5229) (10.12.5+) ***ACPI BAT : OK (Chameleon & Clover)ACPI PWR : OK (Chameleon & Clover)ACPI RST : OK (Chameleon & Clover)ACPI SLP : OK (Chameleon & Clover) **ACPI WAK : OK (Chameleon & Clover) **HIBERNATE : OK (Only Clover Bootloader w/Hibernatemode: 0, 21 & 29)IMESSAGE : OK (Chameleon & Clover)FACETIME : OK (Chameleon & Clover)ICLOUD : OK (Chameleon & Clover)APPSTORE : OK (Chameleon & Clover)ITUNES : OK (A/V DRM Content & Sync iPod/iPhone)SIRI : OKCMOS : OKRTC : OKLPC : OK Intel HM76 Express LPC Controller (8086:1e44)SMBUS : OK Intel 7/C216 Chipset Family SMBus Controller (8086:1e22)IMEI : OK Intel 7/C216 Chipset Family MEI Controller (8086:131a)GPT PART. : OK (Chameleon & Clover) (10.13+ APFS Not Tested)MBR PART. : Not Tested
      Known Issues:

- AppleRTL8169Ethernet: phyWaitForAutoNegotiation TIMEOUT. *
      - AppleRTL8169Ethernet: only work to 10Mbits. *
      - You can't wake up the system when the laptop uses the battery and the system disk is a USB hard drive. **
      - You can't wake up the system from PS/2 Keyboard/Trackpad. **
      - The Wifi MediaTek RT3290 (1814:3290) device are not supported.
      - The Bluetooth MediaTek RT3290 (1814:3298) device are not supported.
      - The PCIe CardReader Realtek RTS5229 (10ec:5229) device are not supported. *** (10.12.5-)
      - Stop working when sleep with inserted card. *** (10.12.5+)

Coming soon:

- Create unified installer for all Mac OS versions
      - Manual: How To Install Wifi Card Blacklisted In HP UEFI BIOS
      - Manual: How To Install OSX Without Destroying Windows 8.x Partition
    • By ehijon
      Assemblato da me con le seguenti componenti tutte acquistate rispettando la lista compatibilità.
      Usato poco, principalmente per qualche ora serale tornando a casa dal lavoro per video editing (fluido in 4K con Premiere Pro).
      Mai un problema, sostituita pasta termica 2 mesi fa. Sempre tenuto in condizioni di pulizia interna. Vendo per cambio lavoro. 

- i7 6700K 
      - NVIDIA GTX 970 G1 Gaming Edition 
      - 32GB RAM Ballistix Sport (Aumentabili a 64GB) 
      - Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 TH Scheda Madre 
      - RAM Corsair vengeance PRO DDR4 16GB 2666 MHz 
      - Corsair CX750M 
      - Corsair Hydro H60 
      - Corsair Mid-Tower Carbide 300R 
      - Fenvi 802.11AC Desktop Wifi Card 802.11 A/B/G/N/AC Bluetooth 4.0 
      - Samsung 850 EVO SSD 
      - Seagate 3TB 

Fornisco anche i kext per renderlo stabile.

Appena preso ho realizzato questo video in YT, che ha un po' di visualizzazioni. per spiegare come sistemare i 3 bug di installazione e renderlo stabile.

PREZZO 1.400 euro
      (Spedizione inclusa.)

Regalo la tastiera Apple Magic Keyboard originale.
      Regalo pasta termica nuova per processore.

Spedisco nel case originale