Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  

Help to buy Macbook for Video Editing

3 posts in this topic

I’m starting a designing course and I’ve been told a Macbook is the best option to handle specific softwares like adobe Photoshop perfectly.

Right now, i’m studying in Lisbon, Portugal. So, I would need to buy it from some Portuguese store, in case I need to claim warranty.

Anyway, I started my search and found som results, fort some Portuguese stores , i’ll leave a link below.

I'm aware that a desktops like a Mac Pro would be a much suitable solution, but I need a laptop to take to classes.

I think a 13” Model is enough since the retina screen helps me see details better, but I don’t understand the software requirements for each type of software.

What do you guys think I sould buy?

Feel free to make any question or suggestion!

My research:https://www.tecmagnet.com/produtos/equipamento/portateis?pagina=1&q=Apple+-+13%22+-+13-9%22+-+&id_marca=13&query=%5B%5B%2219%22%2C%2269%22%5D%5D

For Macbook Pro I recommend the 13' model with i7 and 16GB of RAM (minimum).

Screen Shot 2018-02-14 at 20.59.48.png

But you can build a hackintosh, a neighbor close to you has builded one, using a Lenovo IdeaPad 320.  ;)

Little late. But if you are still not done, you can check out from any friend whether 13 or 15 inch is comfortable as I always prefer large screen for designing works.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By safar
      Hi   Clover limits the number of gpus to 4 :   from Clover source code : rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/Settings.c :   GFX_PROPERTIES                  gGraphics[4]; //no more then 4 graphics cards   Anybody knows why?   This number is limiting for me : - 1x gpu is AMD display GPU - 1x gpu is Supermicro's built-in vga IKVM output (Matrox 0x532102B)  
      - 3x gpus Nvidia for Cuda   I At present, I have to take off one Nvidia (but I'm trying to disable the build-in vga IKVM output through software, so that it's available for other operating systems : I'll make another post on that topic, to keep things clean)
    • By rxm888
      i have ended up getting high sierra installed on my intel DQ670w board. i used a premade high sierra/clover dmg i extracted to a usb flash drive. right now the audio, networking arnt working and the video card i have in the machine an nvidia geforce 1050 gtx ti it works but has very very very choppy/jittery video. i did find some kext files for the network and audio but when i put them in the extensions folder they didnt do anything to add audio or networking. also i have to get the machine to boot from the hard drive rather then having to boot the usb flash drive to get the hard drive to boot and i have to work on the video card stuff as well. i am not to good at this stuff cause usually when i have tried stuff i end up breaking stuff or that stuff doesnt work. i am not all that code or certain tech savy. i am not the brightest. i like things laid out where its all like this is the files and where you get them from this is how u work with them kind of thing. it does agravate me when people just wont lay out stuff as like a dummy book does and makes everything easy. i tried on facebook groups and got as far as to be told what kexts to find but never told where to find them. i did try to look on my own and i did find a few kexts but they where ones that needed alterations to the os to even make them usable. the video kext or driver i was told to install it and do something like change something to true. all i need are the kext files and to make the machine boot from the hard drive rather then complaining it doesnt have an os on the drive or having to use the usb flash drive to make it boot and the video files and to know how to deal with the files and make them work without having to start over with everything and reinstalling stuff
    • By rostacik
      hi gents.
      sorry if I post into a wrong forum, but I think this one is best I was able to find here.
      so my problem :
      After last big update on 22.12. my track pad is not working at all. I wasn't present when the update happened, but I was told that "everything worked fine, but after reboot, trackpad is not working at all". I tried to reset SMC, reset NVRAM, remove old OS and make a clean install, nothing helps. trackpad sometimes works at the startup like 10-20s, then if stops.
      Data about the machine :
      Current OS - High Sierra 10.13.2
      Mac BookPro (Retina, 13 inch, mid 2014)
      Model ID - MacBookPro11,1
      Boot ROM - MBP111.0142.B00
      SMC - 2.16f68
      could you point me to some tool or some how to that would tell me if my HW is workig? how can I check, if my version of SMC or boot ROM is the correct one and is OK?
      any help appreciated.
    • By Eizo75
      I have problems with Amazon Prime on my system under HighSierra 10.13. AmazonPrime videos are played in HighSierra with 720p, in Windows 10 with 1080p. Graphics card is a Vega 56 (flashed to 64), monitor (1440p) connected via DP, Shiki.kext is installed (but makes no sense), CPU is an Intel i9 7900X. Movies/trailers with DRM can be played without problems.   Someone have some tips for me to solve my problem?   PS: In Photoshop I have to deactivate the checkbox "Use native operating system GPU acceleration", otherwise the program crashes after a few clicks. But I've activated GPU acceleration and it works, but not the "native" GPU acceleration. Maybe there is still a problem with the graphics card. (running now native, OOB)