rtke333

[SUCCESS] Acer Aspire V 15 V5-591G-55TU [High Sierra] [Dual-Boot Windows]

1 post in this topic

Hi!

Could anyone help me installing High Sierra on this system?

I succesfully installed Sierra before on this system with help of Jake Lo (thanks!!), I just wondering if could High sierra possible to installed on this system?
Boot stopped at this. I'll attach my Clover folder and a picture from boot.
UEFI enabled, and for skylake I used IntelGraphicsDVMTfixup and IntelGraphicsFixup kexts. My bios is very limited and does not have any option to change dvmt prealloc or anything else.
Everything works fine on Sierra.

Here is my system:

KAzSnVX.png

Acer Aspire V15 V5-591G-55TU

(Note: Bootpack works fine with another versions of 591G, for example: V5-591G-71K2, -764Z, -59PU, etc.)

Mobo: Skylake USOPP_SLS
Bios: Insyde corp latest version
CPU: Intel Core i5-6300HQ 2.30 GHz (Skylake)
GPU: Geforce GTX 950M 2 GB (optimus, disabled), Intel HD 530
Ram: 8 GB DDR4 (4+4 GB)
Wifi: Qualcomm Atheros QCNFA344A, Replaced to BCM94352Z

Ethernet: Realtek 8168B/8111B
Audio: ALC 255 (layout-3 fix)

Card Reader: Realtek

HDD: 1 TB
Dual-boot with Windows 10

Any help appreciated!

UPDATE! (2017.10.30)

UPDATE! (2017.11.09)

UPDATE! (2018.02.01)

Successfully installed High Sierra 10.13, 10.13.1, 10.13.3

SEE THIS POST: #49 IF YOU THINK YOUR CPU IS HOT (60+°C) OR NOT GOING UNDER 1.3GHz FREQUENCY WHEN IDLE

(Original OSXLatitude post link: http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/10077-success-acer-aspire-v-15-v5-591g-55tu-high-sierra-dual-boot-windows/)

Working:

• Wi-Fi and Bluetooth with BCM94352z: (enabled with BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext, BrcmPatchRAM2, FakePCIID.kext, FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext, install them with Kext Utility or another kext installer) (Original WiFi is Qualcomm Atheros, unsupported but BT works)
  • Hand-off with BCM94352z
  • Full Graphics enabled on HD 530, HDMI, VGA.
  • ALC 255 Audio: (Internal Speakers, Internal Microphone, Headphone jack (microphone not tested) with layout-3 fix (you can use AppleHDAPatcher)
  • Ethernet Realtek 8168B/8111B
  • App Store, Messages, FaceTime, Siri, iCloud (native)
  • Integrated webcam (native)
  • 3.0 USB (native)
  • Touchpad and Keyboard: Fn keys are good, the weird thing is the Brightness key. On my keyboard it's Pause Break:Br-up, Fn+F12:Br-dwn. (VoodoPS2Controller.kext)
  • Battery info: Install ACPIBatteryManager.kext with kext utility or other installer.
  • Sleep Mode: In High Sierra sleep mode not worked for me natively. Inject custom EDID to fix the blank screen after wake from sleep
    See here for instruction (thanks black.dragon74 and Jake Lo !!)
  • Please add these 2 patches to ACPI\DSDT\Patches in your config.plist in order to avoid not responding applications after sleep: (added in "v5_591g_55tu_updated_CLOVER.zip")
HECI to IMEI
494d4549 

EC0 to EC
4543305f 
45435f5f
  • Before updating to a new version of High Sierra please update kexts to new versions to avoid kernel panics
  • Note: No need for "IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup.kext" so you should delete it.

Not working:

• Original Wi-Fi: Qualcomm Atheros QCNFA344A unsupported, you need switch to BCM94352Z or just use a mini usb wifi dongle.
  • NVIDIA GTX 950M: Optimus not supported.
  • Card Reader: Unsupported

For WiFi:

• You can choose an external USB wifi dongle (I used tp-link Archer T1U (5GHz support), Tp-link have official macOS drivers, you just need to install it
  • (OR)Replace your M.2 Qualcomm Card with a compatible BCM94352Z card (you will have hand-off Bluetooth too), just install the kext I wrote above

I'll attach my EFI folder for anyone who want to install High Sierra (acer_aspire_v5_591g_55tu_hs.zip).
*REUPLOADED updated CLOVER folder, attached as "v5_591g_55tu_updated_CLOVER.zip" (uploaded to OSXLatitude forum, can't upload here).

I'm using High Sierra in Dual-boot with Windows 8.1. To do this in a clean install or with Windows installed first try my little minimal guide:

Dual-boot clean install (on one drive):
1. Boot into your Mac installer, Create 2 partitions in GUID table (1 for Win (I used FAT32 but I think it's no matter what), 1 for Mac), 
2. Install Mac, boot with your USB, *mount your EFI partition (use terminal or an EFI mounter app), create an EFI folder, copy the CLOVER folder I attached to the EFI folder, restart,
3. Boot into your Win installer, Format the partition you created for Win, install. 
4. Now, it's automatically booting into Windows. To use Clover open cmd in administrator, type:

bcdedit /set {bootmgr} path \EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.efi

5. You're done! It will booting into Clover when you start the system, and you can select Win or Mac (or another OS if installed on a 3rd partition).

Dual-boot with Windows installed first (on one drive):
If you already have Windows and you don't want to lose all your data there is a hope:
You need bootable Mac Installer and a full system restore image (you can search for it).
(You may see errors if your EFI partition is not 200 MB)
1. Boot into your Windows, resize your partition or create one for Mac.
2. Boot into your Mac installer and in Disk Utility format the partition you created.
3. Restore from image: select your full system restore image.
4. When it's finished restoring you just need to restart, then boot to the system with your usb.
5. Do Step 2. from "*" from clean install dual-boot above. but KEEP "Microsoft" FOLDER IN IT!
6. Do Step 4. from clean install dual-boot above.
7. You're done! You can select your old Windows and your new macOS!
(I only tried with Windows 8/8.1/10. I don't know Windows 7,etc.)

IF YOU GETTING ERRORS DURING MAC RESTORE:

• Make sure you have partitions in GPT
  • The best version for restore method is Windows 8.1. It's using 200 MB EFI. Windows 10 using 100 MB EFI and will annoy the Mac restore. You can use with Windows 10, just ignore the errors

IF YOU GETTING ERRORS DURING WINDOWS INSTALLATION (could not be formatted, etc):

• Make sure you have GPT partitions, and GPT installer

IF YOU USED RESTORE METHOD THEN CAN'T MOUNT YOUR EFI PARTITION (No EFI partition found)

• It's because your EFI is not 200 MB or not an "Apple" original EFI,  but do not worry, try another EFI mounter, or mount from terminal (I used EFI mounter v3: Getting errors, but you can mount and use without problem)
  • You also could "mount" the EFI from windows, for that open cmd and type:
    • diskpart
    • list vol (Now select the "System" volume,(FAT 32) For example I select 4)
    • sel vol 4
    • list part (Select System type partition, for example 2)
    • sel part 2
    • assign letter=b (This will "mount" your EFI partition, to manage files download totalcmd or explorer++ (run as admin))
    • remove letter=b (This will "unmount" your EFI)

Here is a video from dual-boot with Windows installed first (on one drive):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_Q8uPkwcWQ

Here some pictures:
PNi8iWh.png
Bc3cOnJ.png
H1ror4j.png9QbHyG4.pngH9ViZwn.pngFwYCmrf.png
kL7CFXC.jpg

Edited by rtke333

Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By fusion71au
      Making a High Sierra USB Installer Entirely From Scratch in Windows
      This is a proof of concept tutorial, to show it's possible to create a vanilla High Sierra installer, entirely from scratch, in Windows (even without App Store downloaded "Install macOS High Sierra.app" from a real Mac ).  @PikeRAlpha's link to Apple's Software Catalog provides us with all the URLs necessary to download the needed files directly from Apple instead of some dubious source from the internet...

Pre-Requisites
      8GB or larger USB drive Boot Disk Utility v2.1.2017rev021b from @CVAD TransMac (free 15 day trial) Paragon Hard Disk Manager Free Download Installer Files Directly from Apple
      1)  Browse Apple's Regular Software Catalog and find the URLs to download the following 6 installer files...
      BaseSystem.dmg BaseSystem.chunklist InstallInfo.plist InstallESDDmg.pkg AppleDiagnostics.dmg AppleDiagnostics.chunklist (Hint - search page for "InstallESD" to find its URL and others nearby)

to a folder named "SharedSupport" on your Windows NTFS drive.  A browser download manager (eg Chrono for Chrome, dTA for FireFox) is handy since InstallESD is >4GB ---> allows you to pause/resume interrupted download...

2)  Rename InstallESDDmg.pkg to InstallESD.dmg
      3)  Edit InstallInfo.plist with WordPad/text editor to remove the chunklistURL and chunklistid keys for InstallESD, and renaming it from InstallESDDmg.pkg to InstallESD.dmg (example of edited file attached to this post)...
      Note:  You can verify the SHA1 checksum of your InstallESD.dmg and BaseSystem.dmg with the correct ones at this website.
      Boot Disk Utility to format the Installer USB and Restore OS X Base System HFS partition
      1.  Format USB with BDU & latest Clover ---> creates boot files in CLOVER partition + second FAT partition
      2.  Extract 4.hfs from \SharedSupport\BaseSystem.dmg with BDU --> save to it's local folder
      3.  Restore 4.hfs to USB second partition with BDU --->  2nd partition becomes bootable "OS X Base System"
      Paragon Hard Disk Manager to extend HFS Partition to its Full Extent
      Open Paragon Partition Manager Free and resize the second partition of the USB drive to the full size allowed.  Don't forget to apply the changes at the end...
      Transmac to Copy "SharedSupport" folder to OS X Base System
      1.  Open the TransMac program and navigate to the HFS+ Volume/Install macOS High Sierra.app/Contents folder.  Right click anywhere in the empty space on the RHS pane and select "Copy Here"...
      2.  In the next stage, select the "SharedSupport" folder we created above as the "Files and Folders to be copied to the Mac Volume"...
      Clover Settings
      Clover configuration is required now.  The default config.plist (in the Clover FAT32 partition of the USB) maybe sufficient to boot your machine if you’re lucky.  If not, look at the Clover Wiki, Clover Instructions and Clover Configuration Thread for pointers and edit /EFI/Clover/config.plist accordingly with Wordpad or Notepad.
      The location of the important configuration files for Clover are summarized below
      config.plist--->EFI/CLOVER folder DSDT.aml with or without SSDT.aml--->EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched (don't need one if your DSDT is auto patched by Clover in config.plist) Kexts eg FakeSMC, NullCPUPowerManagement --->EFI/CLOVER/kexts/<osx version> or /Other. NB BootDiskUtility by default already has FakeSMC.kext installed here.  You may need to add VoodooPS2Controller for your laptop keyboard/trackpad to work. If UEFI booting, you will most likely need one of the OsxAptioFixDrv-64 drivers copied from /EFI/CLOVER/drivers-off/drivers64UEFI to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI. If you want to use the installer to run High Sierra in Windows on VMware, you can follow my guide to set up the Virtual Machine and replace Clover's default config with EFI_Clover for VMware (which is compatible to run in VMware).  In the screenshots below, I have attached the USB Installer (in this case PhysicalDrive7) to my macOS Virtual Machine.  Reboot the system to the USB installer to install High Sierra ...
      What happens if we don't have access to TransMac or Paragon Hard Disk Manager?
      Not a problem, as long as we get "OS X Base System" bootable, we can launch terminal from the Utilities Menu to copy the SharedSupport folder over to the Installer app.  In essence, we will build the full installer app = 5GB+ on the target HD eg "Macintosh HD", by copying both the "small" installer app = 15MB (on "OS X Base System") and the SharedSupport folder from the NTFS volume (mounted in this example on /Volumes/DATA)...
      -bash-3.2# cd / -bash-3.2# cp -R Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD/ -bash-3.2# cp -R /Volumes/DATA/SharedSupport /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/  
      ...then start installation with the startosinstall utility...
      -bash-3.2# /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/startosinstall --volume /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD --converttoapfs NO --applicationpath /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app  
      The above steps can be automated with the attached "startosinstall.command" script, which will assemble "Install macOS High Sierra.app" on "Macintosh HD" and launch the startosinstall utility targeting the "Macintosh HD" volume.  Copy/download to "Macintosh HD", then run in terminal (after attaching DATA USB with /Shared Support folder)...
      cd "/Volumes/Macintosh HD" chmod +x startosinstall.command ./startosinstall.command Updated Download Links for macOS Mojave 10.14beta
      Browse Apple's Public Beta Software Catalog and find the URLs to download the following 6 installer files...
      BaseSystem.dmg BaseSystem.chunklist InstallInfo.plist InstallESDDmg.pkg AppleDiagnostics.dmg AppleDiagnostics.chunklist  
      startosinstall.command.zip

InstallInfo.plist_edited_10.14beta1.zip
      InstallInfo.plist_edited_10.13.6.zip
    • By Tom Snow
      Hello everyone, it sure has been a while since I last posted here. I'm trying to upgrade my Hackintosh to High Sierra, and right now it's running Sierra which I installed last year. My hardware is a Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3 mobo with Intel Core i5-2500K. Unfortunately, I can't even run the installer. I have an installer USB stick with Clover 4558 on it, and whenever I try to run the installer from it, I get a KP after an extremely long boot process. There are so many panic messages that flash by so fast, but I think I got everything relevant in these pics.

• By Justice King
      Hello, 

I just finished hackintosh installation on my computer with below configuration,

CPU : Intel i5 8400
      MOBO : ASUS ROX STRIX H370-F GAMING
      GPU : On board Intel UHD 630
      RAM : 8 GB Crucial
      SSD : 240 GB WD
      PS : Corsair VS550W
      Cabinet : Corsair 100R

Everything is working fine except Graphics full acceleration, i get only 7 MB GPU.

Tried with IntelGraphicsFix, Lilu.. and other Kexts.. but nothing is working. 

Any help to get full GPU would be appreciated.

Thanks  
    • By crazybirdy
      Patched OSInstaller.framework to allow macOS 10.13 installation on MBR partition.

To use those patched files you must follow HowTo-10.13.x to create an USB installer. You can't just run the app downloaded from Mac App Store.

The patch is made base on 落下爱@pcbeta 10.10.x MBR patch method, and more patch for 10.13 Firmware check by crazybirdy.

What is this patched OSInstaller doing?
      1. Patch the MBR check, allow macOS 10.14 installation on MBR partition.
      2. Patch the Firmware check, bypass the error of "An error occurred while verifying firmware".
      3. This patched MBR OSInstaller method works with both MBR and GPT partition (GPT+recovery).

No longer need to set new SMbiosversion, FirmwareFeatures, and FirmwareFeaturesMask with this MBR-patch.

How to make 10.13 installer for MBR?
      Read HowTo-10.13.x.txt inside the zip file first, different with 10.12.
      Read HowTo Q/A Q7. How to install in different computer with only one USB partition?
      Read HowTo Q/A Q8. How to update 10.13.x combo-update to MBR without downloading the full installer app again?
      Read HowTo Q/A Q9. How to update 10.13.x combo-update to MBR and GPT with installScript directly?

Just use 13MBRinstallerMaker to make installer, it works with both MBR and GPT.

And, need a SMBIOS supported with /System/Library/CoreServices/PlatformSupport.plist.

Q: What's the difference between createinstallmedia method and MBR-patch method?
      A: As the following....
      1. createinstallmedia method, needs stage 1, stage 2 installation process, worked with GUID only.
      2. MBR-patch method, install via stage 2 directly, worked with both MBR and GUID, HFS+ and APFS.