MacPeet

[Guide] macOS High Sierra 10.13 - Dell Optiplex 780 (760) (755) (790) (990)

564 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, cele_82 said:

Would the HD5450 be better ? I have both ....somewhere. Just need to find it. 

HD 5450 is not support on Mojave with the dosdude1 AMD patch not work for the 5xx

the 5450 working great on High Sierra 

Edited by chris1111

Advertisement
22 hours ago, cele_82 said:

Thanks for all the help. Last thing before I start attempting this later this week - Are you HFS+ or APFS formatted ?

APFS. Good luck.

Hey guys,

could someone have a look at my config / Clover folder? I have a very basic configuration which worked really nicely with High Sierra, I did an upgrade to Mojave without any issues. Ethernet works, Sound works and my system is pretty stable as far as I can tell. However, I cannot manage to upgrade to Catalina. I get stuck around the point shown in the image, sometimes I get a tiny bit further depending on the boot flags. Without the RTC-Fix I'm getting stuck at pci configuration. Graphics card is a MSI GT 710 low profile, so there's native support. I'm running on a 14,2 iMac SMBIOS.

Thank you!

Edit: I experimented a bit more with a separate installer so I wouldn't mess up my system. I reverted back to iMac 12,2 and took out RTC fix, applied HPET fix and FixHeaders. Sometimes it went further and eventually did get stuck right at IOConsoleUsers. Other times it would just get stuck mid-line around the stage I posted yesterday while using the same configuration. Any ideas?

CLOVER.zip

20200129_173628.jpg

Edited by Tobsucht

54 minutes ago, cele_82 said:

as I need to purchase a GPU , do you suggest gt 710 1gb or 2gb ? Or other models ? (something budget)

Look for a GT 710 with 1GB GDDR5 memory.

If you research some compatible AMD models for hackintosh, look at benchmarks before you buy.

On 1/30/2020 at 2:48 PM, vbmota said:

Look for a GT 710 with 1GB GDDR5 memory.

If you research some compatible AMD models for hackintosh, look at benchmarks before you buy.

ok, will try 1 or 2GB version. Do you know if there's hope for the Internal Speaker to work ?

Since now I'll probably get back on this in few weeks, do you suggest moving to Catalina or stay on Mojave ? It would be nice to get an updated guide starting a new thread for this machine,

15 hours ago, cele_82 said:

ok, will try 1 or 2GB version. Do you know if there's hope for the Internal Speaker to work ?

Since now I'll probably get back on this in few weeks, do you suggest moving to Catalina or stay on Mojave ? It would be nice to get an updated guide starting a new thread for this machine,

If you install all based on this guide will probably work every part of your hardware, and you will probably use layout 15 to your AppleALC patch. So, if you want to use internal speaker you will need to inject layout 13. Theres no way to use they both without DSDT editing (if I am not wrong).

Move to Catalina, theres no great differences but mandatory APFS format.

If you are trying to use Core2Quad you will need to delete the file (or replace by the attached bellow):

System/Library/UserEventPlugins/com.apple.telemetry.plugin

With this file, you will got a KP. You probably will have to research some terminal command to do this in the terminal in the recovery boot or have to attach your drive to another Mac machine working with APFS R/W support.

Good hack.

com.apple.telemetry.plugin.zip

Edited by vbmota

5 hours ago, vbmota said:

If you install all based on this guide will probably work every part of your hardware, and you will probably use layout 15 to your AppleALC patch. So, if you want to use internal speaker you will need to inject layout 13. Theres no way to use they both without DSDT editing (if I am not wrong).

Move to Catalina, theres no great differences but mandatory APFS format.

If you are trying to use Core2Quad you will need to delete the file (or replace by the attached bellow):

System/Library/UserEventPlugins/com.apple.telemetry.plugin

With this file, you will got a KP. You probably will have to research some terminal command to do this in the terminal in the recovery boot or have to attach your drive to another Mac machine working with APFS R/W support.

Good hack.

com.apple.telemetry.plugin.zip

Thanks for the info! I'll probably be back in touch in few months..

Someone here have an Optiplex 780 MT and native Audio working within Catalina?

I have 2 partitions (one with Mojave and another with Catalina).

Oddly, my setup with AppleALC and LayoutID 13 or 11 + Lilu works with Mojave flawlessly but dont with Catalina 10.15.3.

Any ideas?

On 7/25/2019 at 2:05 PM, ricoc90 said:

That's the wrong folder. I need your Clover folder.

And indeed what polyzargone says. Since it's still showing the 5450 I suspect that you have two Clover installations (probably one on / and one in the ESP) and one of them is overwriting the other.

Hey this is me again I boot onto my hdd fine but when I take out my usb I get the prohibited sign 

Edited by CairoZ

Hi folks, 

I was dumping old hardware when I decided to try build Catalina on the dell 755 Mt again. I managed to get everything working with one slight issue. When watching media on youtube in a 1080p format in safari the sound becomes very crackly and distorted. I am using the latest voodooHDA kext. When troubleshooting I noticed that when I changed the audio output quality in Applications/Utilities/Audio Midi Setup to the lowest setting of 8 Channel 16 bit integer(32.0 Khz) outputting through the HDMI the sound quality increases dramatically but still with a very slight distortion if listening on a high volume. I have tested same with activity monitor open to see if it might me too much load on the CPU but this is barely hitting 20% usage when viewing videos in youtube. I also tried using a different browser such as chrome and while the distortion is not as bad, it is still annoying. I tried the same hardware in High Sierra & Mojave with the very same results. I have also tried using the applehda.kext method from ElCap with the same results. I have my CLOVER.zip attached and my hardware profile is in my signature.  has anyone experienced any issue like this and any help or recommendations would be appreciated. I tested the same hardware with windows and there is no issue.