Jump to content
MacPeet

[Guide] macOS High Sierra 10.13 - Dell Optiplex 780 (760) (755) (790) (990)

564 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

Stock DSDT no graphics patch

config.plist ➜ Inject Nvidia = False

this card works OOB from macOS Sierra to macOS Mojave

 

See here

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/332512-guide-macos-high-sierra-1013-dell-optiplex-780-760-755-790-990/?do=findComment&comment=2625927

Thank u so much I'll buy it asap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement

Hi everyone. 

 

Has anybody tested out 10.14.1 update? Is the telemetry patch still working? Also, I have read reports that the USB patch + USBInjectAll.kext method doesn't work anymore unless one uses a custom SSDT. I guess we should be covered, right?

Edited by ernani

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey everyone,

 

I've been attempting to start a hackintosh for the last few days with no success unfortunately and I was wondering if I'm doing anything incorrectly.

 

My current configuration is:

Dell Optiplex 755

Samsung SSD 850 EVO on SATA 2

8GB (4x2GB) Crucial RAM

Intel Q9400

DVD Drive on SATA 0

Had a Radeon 3450 but I ripped it out bc it didn't have vga/HDMI so I'm running on VGA from main chipset.

 

I've followed the instructions of creating a.fresh install media, installing clover with the settings specificied, installing DSDT/config files provided in these threads, but I keep ending up at a kernel panic and the installation never seems to boot. 

 

I've attempted to record it as my monitor can't capture the entire report, but the one time I did capture it, it seemed that there was some error with AppleAHCI extension and I wasn't able to find much help regarding that. 

 

Thanks for all your time in advances!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

from what I read, no vga with hackintosh. So you nead a graphic card for example hd5450 or nvidia gt 710. The second card is better as it is compatible with high sierra.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

here too, 10.14.2 DP1 works

 

@rachad

gt710 is better, OOB works with Sierra, HS and Mojave
HD5450 works only up to Sierra (and HS with rollback), Mojave without graphics acceleration

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MacPeet said:

here too, 10.14.2 DP1 works

 

@rachad

gt710 is better, OOB works with Sierra, HS and Mojave
HD5450 works only up to Sierra (and HS with rollback), Mojave without graphics acceleration

So far, I did not succeed with the rollback of hd5440. I followed carefully the howto but no way.

Anyway I am very happy with sierra. thanks for the tutorial. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 4:35 PM, rachad said:

from what I read, no vga with hackintosh. So you nead a graphic card for example hd5450 or nvidia gt 710. The second card is better as it is compatible with high sierra.

 

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 3:57 AM, MacPeet said:

here too, 10.14.2 DP1 works

 

@rachad

gt710 is better, OOB works with Sierra, HS and Mojave
HD5450 works only up to Sierra (and HS with rollback), Mojave without graphics acceleration

 

Thanks for your responses! If I were to purchase this, would this work without any additional kexts aside from injecting Nvidia in the config.plist?

 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DOFD0G8/ref=psdc_284822_t1_B01AZ7M2OY?th=1

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, but without inject nvidia.
Everything is empty in the CloverConfigurator / graphics.
GT710 works OOB.
I have the MSI GT710 2GB passive version without fan.

(Remove graphics entry from the HD5450 in the DSDT)

Edited by MacPeet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/4/2018 at 4:29 PM, MacPeet said:

Yes, but without inject nvidia.
Everything is empty in the CloverConfigurator / graphics.
GT710 works OOB.
I have the MSI GT710 2GB passive version without fan.

(Remove graphics entry from the HD5450 in the DSDT)

i have optiplex 990 SFF with i5 -2400 and Nvidia Zotac GT710 2 gb

How can i install newly high sierra or mojave on this pc? I've tried with tutorial on first page but no luck.
Always had black screen after loading FakeSMC.kext

I'm using clover 2.4k r4701 Rehabman version

Is there any DSDT that should be used to make installation run?

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

is it somehow possible to control the speed of the cpu and chassis fans? They are very loud when macos is booted even though cpu temp is about 30°C 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, blxkspell said:

is it somehow possible to control the speed of the cpu and chassis fans? They are very loud when macos is booted even though cpu temp is about 30°C 

 

30°C  is correct what do you think of having ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/14/2018 at 2:12 PM, chris1111 said:

 

30°C  is correct what do you think of having ?

as i said the problem isnt the temperature as i upgraded my heatsink and would actually be enough to keep the cpu cool, but the fan noise. Its very loud and i cant focus on revising for exams etc. Currently i didnt even plug in the 4-pin connector bc the cpu still stays at 40° but when i boot up windows to play gta eg the fan is necessary.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/13/2018 at 10:16 AM, gendigbadig said:

i have optiplex 990 SFF with i5 -2400 and Nvidia Zotac GT710 2 gb

How can i install newly high sierra or mojave on this pc? I've tried with tutorial on first page but no luck.
Always had black screen after loading FakeSMC.kext

I'm using clover 2.4k r4701 Rehabman version

Is there any DSDT that should be used to make installation run?

Thanks.


Everything you need is on the first page, including a patched DSDT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, blxkspell said:

as i said the problem isnt the temperature as i upgraded my heatsink and would actually be enough to keep the cpu cool, but the fan noise. Its very loud and i cant focus on revising for exams etc. Currently i didnt even plug in the 4-pin connector bc the cpu still stays at 40° but when i boot up windows to play gta eg the fan is necessary.

 

 

Which fan is making the noice? What bios are you using?

 

It is not possible to manually control the fan speed, but I would expect you just have a noisy fan.

 

I have an i7-Core CPU. HW Monitor shows that it runs at about 35* C. I don't hear the fan running. Not unless I put my ear next to the back of the case.

 

I am using the stock fans. No issues. I use the computer several hrs a day for work, and a few hrs after work. I have had this computer for 3 years. No issues with CPU over-heating or fan noise.

On 10/30/2018 at 7:44 PM, fedaa_mahmoud said:

Great mojave really awesome .

 

@chris1111

 

How are you changing the System Logo Tiff after the change to Mojave?

 

I like yours. Gimme, gimme. I want, I want! :)

Edited by morpheousman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, morpheousman said:

 

Which fan is making the noice? What bios are you using?

 

It is not possible to manually control the fan speed, but I would expect you just have a noisy fan.

 

I have an i7-Core CPU. HW Monitor shows that it runs at about 35* C. I don't hear the fan running. Not unless I put my ear next to the back of the case.

 

I am using the stock fans. No issues. I use the computer several hrs a day for work, and a few hrs after work. I have had this computer for 3 years. No issues with CPU over-heating or fan noise.

 

 

 

i use the 120mm fan from my old dell 780 with the cooler master hyper 212x heatsink bc dell uses a different pin layout than the stock coolermaster fan. Maybe thats the reason for my issue.

 

btw is it already possible to install mojave on the dell 790? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, blxkspell said:

btw is it already possible to install mojave on the dell 790? 

Yes, it is. The procedure is more or less the same as installing High Sierra.
 

Spoiler

ecRaold.png

 

Edited by ricoc90

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/18/2018 at 8:03 AM, blxkspell said:

 

 

i use the 120mm fan from my old dell 780 with the cooler master hyper 212x heatsink bc dell uses a different pin layout than the stock coolermaster fan. Maybe thats the reason for my issue.

 

btw is it already possible to install mojave on the dell 790? 

 

 

I have Mojave on my 790.

 

I had to change video cards from the HD5450 to a Gigabyte Geoforce 710. 

 

G710 works OOB

On 11/13/2018 at 4:16 AM, gendigbadig said:

i have optiplex 990 SFF with i5 -2400 and Nvidia Zotac GT710 2 gb

How can i install newly high sierra or mojave on this pc? I've tried with tutorial on first page but no luck.
Always had black screen after loading FakeSMC.kext

I'm using clover 2.4k r4701 Rehabman version

Is there any DSDT that should be used to make installation run?

Thanks.

 

 

Where is install hanging up, can you get through to installation screen? 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After following a few other guides from TonyMac and Hackintosher (with some success but black screen issues). I was able to get this working fine on an Optiplex 780 just by downloading the associated files and following the instructions. I updated the firmware to allow the max 16GB RAM. My graphics card is an Nvidia Quad 420 and I didn't need to use web drivers or anything. On clover boot all i needed to do was inject nvidia and it recognized my card and everything just worked. Four beautiful screens and no lagging at all. Thanks so much for posting this, it sure saved me a ton of time! I do have one issue though i'm not quite sure how to address. The startup volume I'm using involves two SSD drives in a RAID 0 (which boots extremely fast of course). I created this using the RAID Utility before installing High Sierra on it. The only problem is i'm not sure how to move my USB boot flash EFI partition to the raided SSD EFI partition because it still sees a separate EFI partition for each SSD and not one striped together, why? I tried copying the EFI over to both SSD EFI partitions and installed clover to the High Sierra startup drive the same as I did for the USB installer but on boot without the USB flash there is no recognized startup disk... it so I'm stuck still having to boot off of the USB flash drive for now until I figure this out or someone points me in the right direction. What can I do to get that raided EFI working? Has anyone done what I'm doing? What I was thinking is that maybe I need to mount both EFI partitions and run the RAID Utility again and see if it can turns it into a single stripped partition and try to copy the EFI over after that. If anyone has a better idea let me know. Thanks in advance, you all rock! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By midi-sama
      After a long time of cooking this computer up with a lot of stuff, I'm finally releasing my guide for this P50 with OpenCore.
       
      Lenovo ThinkPad P50 macOS Install with OpenCore
       
      This thread may be used for questions/corrections/additions. Good Luck.
    • By RyzenDude
      Hi everyone,
      Today I finished my High Sierra install with OpenCore. I got everything up and running but I can't seem te get rid of this text on te boot screen while booting up. Does anyone have a solution to this?
      Thanks in advance!
      Hardware:
      CPU: Ryzen 5 1600
      GPU: GTX 980
      RAM: 16 GB DDR4 2666 MHz
      Motherboard: ASUS EX-A320M-GAMING
      Audio Codec: AppleALC
      Ethernet Card: Realtek RTL8111
      Bootloader: OpenCore 0.5.5

    • By NikTheNoob
      Hi,
       
      I'm rather new to Hackintosh and trying my first build with OpenCore on AMD, but I run into issues causing OpenCore to crash before even loading the macOS installer. As I'm not sure which one is causing the crash, I'm trying to resolve all of them and one of the error messages has to do with WhateverGreen, which I was able to see in this slow-mo loading video. Basically I'm getting an error that I'm running an unsupported processor, even though I think I was following this guide by the step.
      What could be causing this and what do I need to do to resolve it?
       
      CPU: AMD Ryzen 2700X
      MB: Gigabyte Aorus X470 Ultra Gaming
      Memory: 4x8 GB HyperX Predator, 3000 MHz Cl15
      Storage: Samsung Evo 970 Nvme 512 GB, Crucial MX500 500GB SATA
      GPU: MSI Radeon RX580 GamingX 8GB
    • By NoEnd
      Hi team,
       
      I'm looking for the best route to achieve this upgrade, so I have been stuck with HS since Nvidia drivers stopped being supported on newer MacOS releases. Now I'm having an AMD 5700 xt on the way and want to plan the upgrade properly. I have added some information below and questions that might help with your recommendation.
       
      Current GPU 1080 ti with Nvidia webdrivers installed. So should I uninstall the webdriver before adding the new GPU? Clover is being used and EFI attached. Any kext must be removed? or parameters adjusted MacOS HS 10.13.6, should I upgrade before using the new GPU? CPU: 9900K Motherboard:ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO (WI-FI) Dual Monitors I have a Time machine backup, Do you recommend a fresh install? and If I did, will I be able to restore my data/apps as-is?  
      Please let yourself free to explore further aspects to considers.
      EFI-20200204.zip
×