MacPeet

[Guide] macOS High Sierra 10.13 - Dell Optiplex 780 (760) (755) (790) (990)

405 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

here attaching correct config

replace it

config.plist.zip

Yes that slowed down all those symptoms but now acceleration seems to be a little sluggish. When I hit launchpad it takes about 5 seconds to pop up 5 more to go back to finder. 

6 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

Also don't using a DSDT wit a radeon HD 5450 Patch because the config.plist  as a FadeID for the Radeon HD 5450

I removed the DSDT and acceleration is worse for some reason.

Advertisement
6 minutes ago, bocajoe said:

Yes that slowed down all those symptoms but now acceleration seems to be a little sluggish. When I hit launchpad it takes about 5 seconds to pop up 5 more to go back to finder. 

Try this DSDT

I remove the patch Radeon HD 5450

DSDT.aml.zip

Edited by chris1111

3 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

Try this DSDT

I remove the patch Radeon HD 5450

DSDT.aml.zip

Thanks chris1111. Unfortunately I am back to no acceleration with that DSDT :(

2 minutes ago, bocajoe said:

Thanks chris1111. Unfortunately I am back to no acceleration with that DSDT :(

OK reput the first DSDT and use this config.plist

I remove FakeID in config :D

config.plist.zip

Edited by chris1111

I will go to sleep I see the result tomorrow hope that work

Sleep well my friend and thanks for all the help. I'll update shortly...

40 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

OK reput the first DSDT and use this config.plist

I remove FakeID in config :D

config.plist.zip

UPDATE: I put my original DSDT that I got from step4 of this guide and used your attached config.plist and still have the lag (5 seconds to launch launchpad, etc.). I have full resolution, it is just super slow.

Here are my current IOreg (RunMe) files since we were changing all kinds of stuff. I really appreciate all the help trying to get this old 780 shining again!

Send me Macs-iMac.at.net.zip

Here are my S/L/E files in case maybe they are old or modified (just thinking of everything):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mhg23h6oevg7xqo/S%3AL%3AE.zip?dl=0

MY SPECS:

Dell Optiplex 780 Mini Tower

Q9400 Core2Quad CPU

Sapphire 5450 1GB 

Edited by bocajoe

8 hours ago, bocajoe said:

UPDATE: I put my original DSDT that I got from step4 of this guide and used your attached config.plist and still have the lag (5 seconds to launch launchpad, etc.). I have full resolution, it is just super slow.

Here are my current IOreg (RunMe) files since we were changing all kinds of stuff. I really appreciate all the help trying to get this old 780 shining again!

Here are my S/L/E files in case maybe they are old or modified (just thinking of everything):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mhg23h6oevg7xqo/S%3AL%3AE.zip?dl=0

MY SPECS:

Q9400 Core2Quad CPU

Sapphire 5450 1GB 

what is the Clover revision you have ?

send me complet EFI Folder you are use

Edited by chris1111

3 hours ago, chris1111 said:

what is the Clover revision you have ?

send me complet EFI Folder you are use

Hey Chris1111!!!!!! I have the latest Clover_v2.4k_r4700. I have attached my complete EFI folder below. THANKS!!!!!! :D

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ooxodynxgwm9tfu/EFI.zip?dl=0

Edited by bocajoe

14 minutes ago, bocajoe said:

Hey Chris1111!!!!!! I have the latest Clover_v2.4k_r4700. I have attached my complete EFI folder below. THANKS!!!!!! :D

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ooxodynxgwm9tfu/EFI.zip?dl=0

try this config 

I setup FrameBuffer Shrike

config.plist.zip

49 minutes ago, bocajoe said:

Thanks for that. Unfortunately it's still doing the same. :(

Ok use this package to Install your old kext

I made package for you, just install and reboot

Edited by chris1111

Ok use this package to Install your old kext

I made package for you, just install and reboot

SLE-Packages.pkg.zip

I installed but unfortunately that didn't help. BUT I'm more impressed that you made a dang installer!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How the heck?????? You are one smart man.

Just now, bocajoe said:

I installed but unfortunately that didn't help. BUT I'm more impressed that you made a dang installer!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How the heck?????? You are one smart man.

Try Kext Utility to install the old kext, not need to repare permission with Kext Utility

maybe that's work ?

10 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

Try Kext Utility to install the old kext, not need to repare permission with Kext Utility

maybe that's work ?

10 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

maybe that's work ?

I just used KextUtility to install old kexts with no luck. I'm going to do a fresh install because it has to be something on my end as you really know your stuff! I'll update shortly. Thanks again for all the help, it is greatly appreciated! :D

1 hour ago, chris1111 said:

maybe that's work ?

UPDATE: I just did a fresh 10.13.6 install "just in case" something was wrong. I added the original S/L/E with KextWizard and used our latest EFI folder we've been working on and have same slowness. Resolution is fine and it shows proper ATI Radeon HD 5000 1024 MB in about this Mac. 

Any ideas, this thing is kicking my butt?

Here are my IOreg files:

And my current EFI:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9cx99r4gt8dx5lw/EFI-.zip?dl=0

MY SPECS:

Q9400 Core2Quad CPU

Sapphire 5450 1GB 

Edited by bocajoe

2 hours ago, bocajoe said:

UPDATE: I just did a fresh 10.13.6 install "just in case" something was wrong. I added the original S/L/E with KextWizard and used our latest EFI folder we've been working on and have same slowness. Resolution is fine and it shows proper ATI Radeon HD 5000 1024 MB in about this Mac. 

Any ideas, this thing is kicking my butt?

Here are my IOreg files:

And my current EFI:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9cx99r4gt8dx5lw/EFI-.zip?dl=0

MY SPECS:

Q9400 Core2Quad CPU

Sapphire 5450 1GB 

I said use Kext Utility why using kexwizard

Just now, chris1111 said:

Oppppppppssssss!!!!!! Sorry, I'll use kext utility now. Hope I didn't screw anything up :(

On 10/13/2018 at 4:39 PM, chris1111 said:

I used Kext Utility to install S/L/E and this dang thing is still messing with me with slow acceleration. I'm going to try a 6450 next to see if i have better luck

Edited by bocajoe

7 minutes ago, fedaamahmoud said:

Any updated DSDT and config.plist for mojave for HD 5450 ATI ??

It read as ATI 5000 but with 5M !

Radeon HD 5X and 6X is not support in Mojave

8 minutes ago, fedaamahmoud said:

any updated dsdt and config.plist for it ??

Stock DSDT no graphics patch

config.plist ➜ Inject Nvidia = False

this card works OOB from macOS Sierra to macOS Mojave

See here

Edited by chris1111