6 posts in this topic

Hello,

am running sierra on a optiplex 780 with a pny gt 710. I followed a step by step guide here. My machine boots fine and actually shows that the pny 710 is recognized I have attached a link with proof. My issue is when I am doing anything that relates to video it artifacts and slows alot. I understand that this is a cheap graphics card but from what I read online it seems like the other hackintoshes dont have this issue with this card. I am wondering if you have had any similar problems or solutions to this. I  also have attached my config file. I asked around on reddit and they said this could be related to the qe/ci. I am pretty new at this so I don't know how to enable this. I have installed the web drivers for 10.12.6 and that hasnt changed anything. 

Advertisement

You can't test with Lilu and the plugin for Nvidia. This card runs natively without any fixes (drivers). 

Don't inject Nvidia. You can't test with npci=0x2000 or npci=0x3000 as a boot arg too.

You can't test with Lilu and the plugin for Nvidia. This card runs natively without any fixes (drivers). 

Don't inject Nvidia. You can't test with npci=0x2000 or npci=0x3000 as a boot arg too.

Ok I will try that tonight. So I shouldnt need the web drivers either?

Ok I will try that tonight. So I shouldnt need the web drivers either?

It's not necessary. It works OOB. I have them installed but it's not necessary.

The card does work OOB, however since 10.12.5 the card doesn't work on certain SMBIOS anymore in which case you'll actually need Lilu+plugin or a patch for graphics device policy, unless you change your SMBIOS. I.E. the card works fine on everything above iMac13,1, but not below.

It's not necessary. It works OOB. I have them installed but it's not necessary.

on my lunch break I unchecked inject nvdia and copied to new config into the correct directory and I am still having the issue. Is there something else I am missing here? Maybe a full reinstall might fix it? I am hoping this isnt a hardware issue with the card itself. Thanks for all your help by the way! really means alot

The card does work OOB, however since 10.12.5 the card doesn't work on certain SMBIOS anymore in which case you'll actually need Lilu+plugin or a patch for graphics device policy, unless you change your SMBIOS. I.E. the card works fine on everything above iMac13,1, but not below.

I am running on 10.12.16 so that could be an issue. Excuse my ignorance but where can I find the lilu and plugin? would installing to High Sierra solve my problems?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ginola
      Hello everyone
      I can not optimally configure my integrated video card on a gigabyte H370M DS3H motherboard.
      Would someone kindly help me?
      Thank you

Send me.zip

• By Sectum Sempra
      Hi.
      I have a Lenovo Z510-b Laptop which I wanted to Hackintosh.this is my first one so I'm a newbie and don't kjow much.
      I did the process using an easy guide on Hackintosh zone which all I needed to do was to restore a pre maid installer on a usb disk and then boot ETC.
      After installation, I have faced several issues which I have managed to fix some of them gradually, but there are some I couldn't make it work:
      GRAPHICS:
      first of all lets talk about my main issue. The macOS only recognizes 4MB of my igpu and I can't make any difference. ( ill say what I have done for it so far)
      and for my Nvidia graphic I think it won't go so well ( after screwing my laptop up for 3 times) because I only have discrete or igpu option in my bios. ( discrete AFA I heard won't work)
      so im mainly hoping for my igpu.
      Things I have done for igpu:
      Have installed:
      FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext
      FakePCIID.kext
      intelGraphicsFixup.kext.kext using M u L Ti Be a St
      Have done clover settings:
      in devices tab,IntelGfx: 0x4128086
      in Graphics tab, ig-platform-id: 0x0a260006 ( inject EDID and inject Intel checked)
      have checked fix intelgfx in api tab under fixes section
      * I even set the VRAM box in graphics tab to like 64 or 256 to see if it changes anything although I don't really know what is that for lol*
      PS: my bios doesn't have any option to set Vram like some guides suggest.

AUDIO:
      this should be a minor issue. I do have the audio working using "M u L Ti Be_a St "and re booting after installing "100/200/300 series Audio Support" under "Realtek ALCxxx" section under audio tab under drivers section. but when I restart again, it just goes off! 
      the installation suggests "Adds Rename HDAS to HDEF patch to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist." but I had( and still have) this patch in my acpi section! so I don't know what is the deal there; but I think its minor.

Sorry for long text. I really hope you could help me out. I will now send you the information you need about my laptop specs and will attach my problem reporting files which I made using the script rehab man has suggested. NOTE : I get some warnings and errors during boot (verbous) although it boots perfectly, but I don't know if those are included in my problem reporting file or not, or whether it is important at all or not.but I haven't seen any errors there relating to graphics. ( I might be wrong tho).

My laptop:
      Lenovo Z510 
      Inel Core i7 4702MQ
      Intel HD 4600
      Nvidia Geforce GT740M
      Realtek Audio ( I thing its 230)
      Realtek Ethernet
      Intel Wi-fi ( obviously couldn't make it work)

Thanks in advance!
      debug_3979.zip
    • By FireAlarm347
      Hi, I just fixed my gt 620 in my hackintosh. But the main issue now, is that my cursor doesn't change when I hover over different things like the edge of the window, a link, and search box. There is also a bug in MC where the cursor is showing while I am playing. Specs: Intel Core i5 3350p, GeForce GT 620, and motherboard that came with my dell xps 8500.
    • By JohnCenaTheMemeMachine
      I'm not expecting too much help, but if anyone has any suggestions, that would be great.

I recently got my Hackintosh running on macOS 10.14, and went to install the graphics drivers for my Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti. My setup is a little different, so here it is:

Screen 1 Screen 2 Screen 3

Screen 1 and 2 are both connected to my 750 Ti, whereas screen 3 is connected to my iGPU, with is an intel HD 4600. The intel GPU works like a charm, just as it did under High Sierra.

Now, I got the Nvidia Web drivers to "work" by removing any traces via the "Web Driver Toolkit" that others have recommended. I then patched the installer, installed it, rebooted, patched the installed drivers, and rebooted again, where the drivers are at their current state.

This is where things get interesting though. All 3 monitors are recognized. My GPU is recognized in my system profiler. However, it is NOT able to be used to run a compute in Geekbench, meaning that GPU acceleration is obviously disabled. The other thing that doesn't work, is, well, the 2 monitors connected to the GPU. They are set to the correct resolution and refresh rates, and are recognized in System Preferences, and I can even drag things between the different desktops.

But I can only see my cursor. The screens are totally black, and I can't see anything on them except my cursor moving across them. Has this happened to anyone else? Thanks in advance!

Specs:
      Asrock B85M-Pro4 Motherboard
      Intel Core i5-4690 CPU
      Intel HD 4600 GPU 1
      Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti GPU 2
      iMac 15,1 SMBIOS

Here is a picture of what happens
      https://imgur.com/gallery/lWTLWlw

My clover and EFI folders are attached
      EFI.zip