1. Cyberdevs

Cyberdevs

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By gengik84
      First beta is out... build 18D21c
    • By autantpourmoi
      Hello , I just put a new M2 samsung ssd disk in my hack and a And rx 580 sapphire 8go and installed High Sierra 10.13.6 , everything seems ok except the sleeping mode
      When I go to sleeping mode , the 2 monitors will turn to sleeping mode and after 3 to 5 sec the computer too , but the computer restart in a kind os stand by mode while the monitors still black 
      Is it a normal behaviour which I'm doubting about it , is there any way to keep the computer in sleep and reactivate it by keys?
      any help will be appreciated

• By bilbo
      THE GREAT GUIDE
      HIGH SIERRA + Z820

10/07/2018

*********************************************************************************
      ————————————————————————————————————————
      ————————————————————————————————————————

(from El Capitan's guide)
      (from Sierra's guide)

Introduction:

Hi everybody. 
      Again, a new guide version, updated to High Sierra. I hope it will be useful for you all. This time, the update is easy. Basically, the 100% of Sierra’s guide is still valid for High Sierra. The guide has been updated to update links, kexts versions … etc, and some parts try to be more clear. Just there are some important topic to keep in mind:

1. What's new?.
      There is a new and absolute important setting to install High Sierra. We have to activate “legacy ACPI cpu tables” in Advanced Section, in BIOS. Without this option enabled, we will get a KP. 
      This option changes completely the structure of the SSDT needed for PM. We have to get rid old SSDT versions, if you extracted them with this option disabled. And all SSDT generated by ssdtPRGen also.
      And, if your DSDT has the “SSDT-1-CpuDef” code injected, (following my guide, to skip "No ACPI Processor declarations found in the DSDT!" error, (see PM section) ) you will have to delete that part, because the DSDT will cause a KP. A better method is described in this guide. No need of add estrange code into DSDT.

2.Can I use my old files from Sierra´s EFI folder?
      The most important, yes. You can keep your config.plist and your DSDT(see point N.1) … saving tons of time. You have to use the new drivers64Uefi files installed by new clover version, and update the kexts versions of main kexts. The specific kexts for our dear machine, USB3, Astek driver, remains in same version.Of course, I provide of all links and files (into my stuff folder) in this guide.

3. So, do I Need repeat again every step of this guide?.
      If you comes from Sierra´s guide, no. After 1stboot and graphics divers install, you can use your previous files (see point 1.) reboot and jump directly to PM section. 
      For new users, Yes, sure.

4. Consider any part of this guide open to discuss.
      If you see something wrong, or which could be improved, please, just say it, and I’ll fix it. English is not my native language. If you can’t understand some step, or something could be best written, please, just say it and I’ll fix it too

FOR 26x7 and 26x3 USERS!!!. Finally, there a Fix to this models. It´s under test, but I think it should work. Check out FIRST the last section of this guide.

5. And please, (this is for "anonymous" users) don't PM me with personalquestions. No need for that.Any question can be answered openly.

Ok, let’s go.

PART I

1-BIOS SETUP

This guide is for UEFI systems. This is not important to follow this guide except in Clover installation section. Keep in mind it to adapt some settings if you need use legacy-bios mode. 

If you don’t need any special option, and you have been playing with options, reset the bios to default settings.Later, you will be able to change and test, if you need some specific option. The next section describe the essential options. 

6. The main BIOS options are:

In storage: 
      set ACHI mode (IMPORTANT).

Set boot order. UEFI first, (for me), USB first and HD second. 

Security : 
      Device Security: I like disable unused devices (scu controller and serial port). Optional.

Disable Vt-d: Disabled. IMPORTANT. 

Secure boot. Disabled (...to boot with non signed OS). 
      I use UEFI boot, but I keep legacy support active. This is optional.

In Power :
      Set Runtimepower management to Enabled. This option will allow Power Management later. About the rest of options, I’m not sure of the impact in performance. Set them by default by the moment. Not important for the guide. Only remeber for further tests that with Pcie Performance Mode enabled, power boost is disabled. Idle Power Savings manage sleep policies.

In Advanced:

Set PXE, Storage and Video to EFI. (for me). If you have a graphic card non EFI-compliant, you can set video in Legacy, keeping an UEFI boot.
      Don’t forget set thunderbolt policy in Legacy mode.

And Now, the essential setting for High Sierra: 

-Enable “Legacy ACPI CPU Tables”

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

PART II:

INSTALLATION

7- MEDIA CREATION

(This guide assume you have a MacOs running. I have no idea how do it on PC)

-Important: Download HighSierra dmg only from Apple.Don´t use suspicious dmgs or Isos. It’s not longer available to search in Apple Store, since Mojave release. Go to this link, and click in “Get macOS high Sierra” (at mid of the page). It will open the apple store download link. The dmg is downloaded in /Applications folder. Let the file in Applications folder. (and keep one compressed copy for future attempts)

-Format one USB stick with common settings:

Go to erase tab, select GUID partition table in options, and Mac Os Extended (Journaled) as Filesystem. Name the partition as “USB”. Ok to Apply.   
      On a terminal window, type (copy and paste) :  
      sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app --nointeraction  
      Enter and type your admin password. It will take 10-15 minutes. (When it finish, you’ll see the prompt again)  
      8. INSTALLING CLOVER.

-Download Clover from here. Version used to make this guide: Clover_v2.4k_r4658.
      -Download Clover Configurator from here. It makes easier edit config.plist file and we can use a lot of clover features easily. Now there is a “global edition”
      -Download plisteditor pro demo for edit info.plist files.
      -Download my High Sierra stuff folder. (at the end of the guide)
      -Additional tools: One tool for install kexts, fix permission and rebuild cache. I use Kext helper from rampage’s dmg, although I need always force quit. I don´t like the rest of utilities. This is a personal option. Maybe EFI mounter (from download sections of this site). CloverConfigurator mounts EFI too, but maybe with this utility is easier.

-Install Clover in the USB. On first screen, don’t forget change the install location in order to do not install on your Internal HD. Select your USB stick.
      Click on Customize. Choose “Install for UEFI booting only” and “Install Clover in the ESP” as main options (if your system is UEFI-based) This is optional: choose your favorite Theme. In Drivers64UEFI select: Now is longer section. It´s only because is more exact showing the drivers installed. We have to keep selected the default options and add the same additional drivers. Keep in mind two important things:                   -There is a new driver, APFS driver, for the “new” filesystem. This driver is now essential, in order to allow clover “see” HDs formatted with this FS. It´s activated by default. 
                       -The OSxAptiopnFix2Drv has a new version, v3.
                ... The conclusion of this long explanation, is that we have to add to the default selection of drivers: 

- EmuVariableUefi-64
                               - OsxAptionFix3Drv

Let the rest of option unselected and Click on Install.

9- CONFIGURE CLOVER

When clover finishes, it will mount EFI partition. Time to modify it. You’ll find all necessary files in my folder. There are three things to modify: config.plist, drivers, and kexts

9.1 Config.plist

The default config.plist is not useful for us. Replace it by mine (folder n.2)
      But take a look to options (with clover configurator) to understand my options in order to be able to adapt them for your specs or your preferences. It’s a basic config.plist. I could add more options or fixes. but is a good idea install with minimum options. 

Acpi section.
          All fixes in ACPI section has been removed except some minor fixes in 2 subsection, smart ups option, etc. SmartUps it’s not important now, but it will be later. So I prefer activate this option. 
          The most important, The rename usb devices patches are included. 

Boot section
          Bootflags needed are only -v and npci=0x2000. Of course -v is optional only to see the boot process. You can deactivate it when you finish.

Any option activated in Boot Graphics/ Cpu/Device/Disable driver

Gui options. These are only personal preferences.

Graphics. AnyGraphic injection annd any option activated. At least, no needed for my 1080ti card. Check it out for your card video.

An essential section. Kernels Patches needed.

RT Variables. BooterConfig, and Csr to deactivate security policy in Sierra. The info values are taken from smbios.

SMBIOS.  Set it to Mac Pro 6,1. 

IMPORTANT—>press “generate new” repeatedly to get one random fresh serial number

System parameter: 

9.2 -Drivers64UEFI folder.

As usual, delete VBoxHfs-64driver and replace it by HFSPlus.efi. (from my folder).

9.3 Kexts folder:

Add my Kexts from my stuff to /EFI/CLOVER/Kexts/10.13

They are:

These are the versions Updated since Sierra´s guide.

FakeSMC.kext. If you remember, I have some unexpected KP due to fake smc sensors. Well, I have searched a bit about this, and testing. The main topic is keep the fake smc version and sensors kext of same version or branch. There are several branchs developing              different versions (slice, rehabman, kozleck, etc), after test, and test, I think the most stables and those which gives me best sensor readings is kozeck version. I attach the v1440 from kozleck. In this step I only use FakeSMC kext, withput sensors kexts. Anyway, if you have a better version, use it. Just, don´t forget no use the sensors Kexts.   
      VoodooTSCync.kext, to avoid boot with -x (from rampagdev, dual cpu dmg). You’ll find several versions into my folder.I haven’t noticed any change using the generic or the specific version. I think that is not important for our platform.                  The customize method is:

Anyway, I provided the generic version and customized versions for every cpu.

IntelMausiEthernet.kext . Kext for the ethernet card from rehabman. (2018-0424version). It will allow have internet connection on first boot. 

UsbInjectall, for USB2 from rehabman( 2018-0822version)  
      And add to /EFI/CLOVER/Kexts/others

Lilu kext (from here, 1.2.7version)

WhateverGreen.kext (from here, 1.2.2 version) old NvidiaGraphicsFixup proyect has been integrated into this proyect.   
      This couple of kexts avoid black screen booting with 6,1 smbios. Is quite important keep in mind the versions of these kexts keeping the right versions among this kexts. Prior to update some of them, you have to check in info if is compatible with the rest. These versions are ready to work with 10.13.6. 

Thats all. We have our usb installer ready. Copy in a folder all stuff necessary to repeat the process and copy it to the USB stick. You will have it available after first boot.

Reboot from the USB stick and install Sierra. 

10- INSTALLATION

Some advices:
           -Use only USB2 ports, preferablythe front USB2 port.
           -Don’t use USB hubs, or cable extenders… (personal issues)
           -Unplug any other usb device
           -Be sure that you have plugged your internal sata drive to one of the two internal achi sata controller.

-The boot process may be slow, (and with terrible and apocalyptic errors). Be patient
           -Maybe, the boot stucks with the error “consideredRebuildKernel …. blabla”. Just reboot again.
           -If you have two monitors, shutdown one can help with graphical errors.
           -Plug your graphic card in PCI Slot 2.
           -For inexperienced users: On first screen, go to disk utility and erase the Volume. (APFS and GPT). Quit the utility and return to first screen. Choose Install.
           -The process is splitted in two steps. The first step promises take only 4 or 5minutes … and now, it’s true!!!. It will take4 or 5 minutes(with a SSD).
           -After this first reboot, you will see more partitions than expected. APFS file system manage more partitions in a more complex way (physical layer, logical layer… bla, bla). Select in clover the new internal HighSierra boot installer partition, not the usb installer. It will finish the  process. This step, takes 10-15min aprox (using a SSD).

Note.I had some unexpected reboot in this step. Only re-trying if you have it also.

-To boot again after installation, keep booting from USB but choose internal HD as boot volume.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PART III:

FIRST BOOT

11. Optional updates.
      The Mac os Version is 17G65. In the date of this guide (oct/2018) is the last version. (there is an optional update only for real macbook laptops). For future security updates, this is the moment to update. Set up the internet options and update the system, but remember check if the Lilu and whatevergreen kexts are compatible or if you need use a new version, or you will geta KP or a black screen on boot.

12- Install Clover.
      On first reboot, install clover again on HDD, repeating same process and same options than with the USB installer, but keep in mind you have to addsome options on clover’s screen install:

-Install RC scripts on target volume
           -Optional RC scripts
           -Install Clover Preference Panel.

…and install clovermanager.app. This is optional but it’s the best way to manage the themes and find a good theme. I provide of one nice High Sierra Theme and the Bootcamp theme. Of course, left this for later. 

Install clover and add same files used on the USB: config.plist , hfsplus driver and kexts. Reboot. You can nowextract the USB installer and reboot from the internalHDD.
      After boot, go to clover preference panel and set it to auto mount EFI partition. It will be useful along this process. Disable this when you finish and you get stable your system.

• By am_yvr
      Asus Prime B360M-A or Asus Prime H310M-E :

Which of these two motherboards would give less hassle in a Hackintosh build - requiring fewer after install fixes/updates to get everything working in Mojave or High Sierra?

These are the only two Asus models that I can afford, fit the form factor in my build, and already have had a BIOS upgrade by Asus to 9th-generation - if I want to replace the CPU with an i9 in the future (for now I'll be using i7-8700 or even i3-8350k but I want to future proof a bit)

Thanks guys!