[Installation problem] Panic - Please go to https://panic.apple.com

21 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, I'm trying to install High Sierra, but it's more complicate than the first Build.  After Clover GUI I start the installation in Verbose mode and the sys get stuck most of the times at the line: "Please go to https://panic.apple.comto report this panic", I'm attaching the panic point photo.

Thanks in advance.

post-1353754-0-10737500-1516400697_thumb.jpg

HyeYa,

Installing High Sierra is actually quite easy. I got X79 as well. 

This is how I installed High Sierra (Not a guide, just an insight to how it was done):

I first formatted my USB Flash Dongle with HFS Plus Journaled Extended, GUID partition scheme. 

I installed Clover to it specifically doing a customised install the UEFI way, adding only OSXAptioFix2Drv-64-efi from Driver64UEFI. I also added HFSplus-64-efi and APFS.efi (these two drivers are not in the Clover Package from SourceForge, and can be added later In EFI/Clover/Driver64UEFI). 

When Clover was installed, I went ahead with CreateInstallMedia (CIM). For this, you would need High Sierra Installer app in the Application folder, installed from the App Store. You can read more about CIM from Apple's website. 

When CIM was done, I went to the EFI partition of the USB Flash Dongle, EFI/Clover. I then added the most essential kexts needed. In this case I thought of getting in rather than adding stuff for post install in the USB Installer stick. Keeping the USB Installer stick as clean as possible. So I only added FakeSMC.kext to EFI/Clover/Kext/Other.

The stock clover config will of course never work, well if it ever does then you are lucky. Anyhow. To make a clover config.plist, you can read on Clover Wiki. The config needs to be clean, doesn't need to be complex in anyway, keep it simple and easy.

You would most likely need 0x67 for CsrActiveConfig in RTVariables. USBfix, SMBIOS Mac Pro 6,1 Boot Arg: npci=0x200

Since you got an AMD graphics card, you might also want to add lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext. 

So installing MacOS High Sierra is really not difficult at all. I am running MacOS High Sierra 10.13.2 with ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition, Vega 64 graphics card. :)

Good luck!

HyeYa,

This is how I installed High Sierra (Not a guide, just an insight to how it was done):

I first formatted my USB Flash Dongle with HFS Plus Journaled Extended, GUID partition scheme. 

I installed Clover to it specifically doing a customised install the UEFI way, adding only OSXAptioFix2Drv-64-efi from Driver64UEFI. I also added HFSplus-64-efi and APFS.efi (these two drivers are not in the Clover Package from SourceForge, and can be added later In EFI/Clover/Driver64UEFI). 

​I don't know ho to do a custom install neither where to find the files you mentioned.

When Clover was installed, I went ahead with CreateInstallMedia (CIM). For this, you would need High Sierra Installer app in the Application folder, installed from the App Store. You can read more about CIM from Apple's website. 

I have an HS installer but I know nothing about CIM

When CIM was done, I went to the EFI partition of the USB Flash Dongle, EFI/Clover. I then added the most essential kexts needed. In this case I thought of getting in rather than adding stuff for post install in the USB Installer stick. Keeping the USB Installer stick as clean as possible. So I only added FakeSMC.kext to EFI/Clover/Kext/Other.

The stock clover config will of course never work, well if it ever does then you are lucky. Anyhow. To make a clover config.plist, you can read on Clover Wiki. The config needs to be clean, doesn't need to be complex in anyway, keep it

simple and easy.

I would like to send you my config.plist but the forum can't handle that kind of files.

You would most likely need 0x67 for CsrActiveConfig in RTVariables. USBfix, SMBIOS Mac Pro 6,1 Boot Arg: npci=0x200

Since you got an AMD graphics card, you might also want to add lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext. 

So installing MacOS High Sierra is really not difficult at all. I am running MacOS High Sierra 10.13.2 with ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition, Vega 64 graphics card. :)

Thanks a lot, but I need something more precise, can you help me?

Good luck!

Hyeya,

You didn't tell much about your install method. What install method did you use? CIM is the proper method Apple uses. Most people here on IM use CIM + Clover manual method. 

You are telling me that you need something more precise. What do you call precise? You want me to hand you files so you have no learning experience? Then no, I can't do that. That is not what I do. I encourage learning experiences. 

What you need to do is to get into a working MacOS install, format your USB the way I have told you on my first post. Install clover specifically by customising the install.Run the CIM command. For using the CIM command, you need to have the installer app in the Applications folder. 

Do at least these few steps, and I could help you more. It is not difficult, but it is not difficult if you read how to do things. 

HyeYa,

​I don't know ho to do a custom install neither where to find the files you mentioned.

I have an HS installer but I know nothing about CIM

The stock clover config will of course never work, well if it ever does then you are lucky. Anyhow. To make a clover config.plist, you can read on Clover Wiki. The config needs to be clean, doesn't need to be complex in anyway, keep it

simple and easy.

I would like to send you my config.plist but the forum can't handle that kind of files.

Thanks a lot, but I need something more precise, can you help me?

Good luck!

High Sierra will require updating your Clover boot loader if you are trying with the old Clover from a previous build it probably wont work.     There may be some issues with the AMD R9 series cards in High Sierra it may boot to black screen so check into the card and its support or fixes needed for High Sierra.     It is strange because these cards worked very well in El Capitan and Sierra.    Google R9 280x in High Sierra to see if there are problems and how to fix them before you install.

Here's a link to TINU created and being tested by a fellow Italiano, maybe he can help you with your setup.   Although it looks like you have already created an installer or have the High Sierra download but sometimes starting a fresh installer works better.     http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/326959-tinu-the-macos-install-media-creation-tool-mac-app/page-1?do=findComment&comment=2491600

• Like 1

Hyeya,

You didn't tell much about your install method. What install method did you use? CIM is the proper method Apple uses. Most people here on IM use CIM + Clover manual method. 

You are telling me that you need something more precise. What do you call precise? You want me to hand you files so you have no learning experience? Then no, I can't do that. That is not what I do. I encourage learning experiences. 

What you need to do is to get into a working MacOS install, format your USB the way I have told you on my first post. Install clover specifically by customising the install.Run the CIM command. For using the CIM command, you need to have the installer app in the Applications folder. 

Do at least these few steps, and I could help you more. It is not difficult, but it is not difficult if you read how to do things. 

Ok, I needed a guide, so I used this:

I don't want you to hand me the files, but I never did a procedure like yours so, I need something guide-like, or a least a couple of links on the various topics.

I'm trying a fresh install.

Ok, I needed a guide, so I used this:

I don't want you to hand me the files, but I never did a procedure like yours so, I need something guide-like, or a least a couple of links on the various topics.

I'm trying a fresh install.

Applying rules on this forum is not for me to do, but I suggest you read the rules. InsanelyMac doesn't support the website you just linked. I didn't 

I didn't link guides because I hinted towards what you could've googled. In this case if you want to know about CIM and Create Install Media (CIM) you could Google search it "Create Install Media Apple". 

Clover BootLoader Package is on SourceForge. You can google this too. "Clover SourceForge". I told you to install it specifically by customising it to your USB, by doing it the UEFI way. You then click UEFI. I told you to add OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi from Driver64UEFI from the clover installer package, so you click on that. 

:)

Applying rules on this forum is not for me to do, but I suggest you read the rules. InsanelyMac doesn't support the website you just linked. I didn't 

I didn't link guides because I hinted towards what you could've googled. In this case if you want to know about CIM and Create Install Media (CIM) you could Google search it "Create Install Media Apple". 

Clover BootLoader Package is on SourceForge. You can google this too. "Clover SourceForge". I told you to install it specifically by customising it to your USB, by doing it the UEFI way. You then click UEFI. I told you to add OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi from Driver64UEFI from the clover installer package, so you click on that. 

:)

I followed your advices and this guide:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/306828-guida-installazione-mac-os-x-101x-clover-usb/page-1

but I'm not able to install HS. 

CLOVER.zip

post-1353754-0-47928300-1516547886_thumb.jpg

Hyeya,

I feel like you are not really trying your best. But I have uploaded a clover folder I set up for you. Let me know how it works out for you. :)

Why? I'm not very knowledgeable about all this, nevertheless I read and studied. You should think before write.

Hyeya,

I feel like you are not really trying your best. But I have uploaded a clover folder I set up for you. Let me know how it works out for you. :)

This is the response.

post-1353754-0-74533100-1516552034_thumb.jpg

Why? I'm not very knowledgeable about all this, nevertheless I read and studied. You should think before write.

I apologise if you think I am being rude. But most people on this site succeed with a good hackintosh after an extensive research. Some people take one hour, three hours, some take a day and others take months. Nothing to feel offended about. 

Internet is the biggest learning resource for this, all it really takes is the correct terms and keywords to look up on Google. If not, then you would have to lean towards the most basics, which starts with the question "What is hackintoshing?". 

Since there are hackintosh methods out there that are unclean and messy, yet working to some levels, people think hackintoshing is slight more easier than it initially looks like. As I mentioned before, it is only easy when you know what you are doing.

Again, I don't mean to be rude. There is no ill intent from my side. I want you to learn. I want to help people on InsanelyMac, learn by them and with them. So there is no ill intent from my side at all. Don't take it the hard way. :)

Also,

If I might suggest something. Use the USB ports on the back I/O, not the USB 3 ports, but the USB 2 ports. Usually the top USB ports close to PS2 port are USB 2 ports. Many X79 boards got generic USB sub chipsets, and therefore, it is better not to use them. :) 

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...