high sierra madness

gigirock

2 posts in this topic

Hello ,people, hope your God bless you and your families for some century again.

I tried many times to have osx86 on my past laptops, but at the end I never had a 'complete' system. Anyway now I can Install on a DELL I5 laptop.

I can successiful install the OS ( that in my opinion is the hardest part ) and as I like, i installed the last version HighSierra, I used a CLOVER UEFI installation and I used HFS+ filesystem in order to avoid any headache with the new APFS. So installation is ok the graphical system ( HD4000 ) is ok I've got USB and touchpad that runs perfect.

Using Ethernet the connection to the LAN and to the rest of the world is ok. So , are you waiting for the issue ?  The system doesn't shutdown correctly , but my trouble is about the wifi.

As you teached me the Intel Centrino series half board installed on my Dell E6430 is not supported, so I replaced with a 'old' BRCM4321 Dell branded too. Here comes the first doubt: The 'full size' BRCM4321 does'nt fit in the replaced Centrino one, so I installed the BRCM4321 in another socket marked as "WWAN". The device is recognized by the Bios and from Ubuntu Linux ( where I'm writing ) works connected to my 2.5Ghz wifi home network. I use RehabMan kexts to use the Broadcomm device using FAKExxxxx series. The wifi symbol appear on the desktop , but the device doesn't connect any network at all. The "system info" report the device correctly but no way to connect some wifi ap. I tried to use my iPhone 6 device using wifi tethering: no way to connect, using USB iPhone connection works great. Reading your guide I tried to rebrand the wifi board, but now the board is recognized as airport device but still no communication at all. the main doubt is that the device report that the revision is 5, i don't understand if this revision is 'supported' .

At this point I hope that some gurus can answer me about this wifi trouble.  This is the report coming from the lsci command in Ubuntu.

01:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4321 802.11a/b/g/n (rev 03)
        Subsystem: Dell BCM4321 802.11a/b/g/n
        Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B- DisINTx-
        Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
        Latency: 0, Cache Line Size: 32 bytes
        Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 16
        Region 0: Memory at f7b00000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable)
        Region 2: Memory at f0a00000 (64-bit, prefetchable)
        Capabilities: <access denied>
        Kernel driver in use: b43-pci-bridge
        Kernel modules: ssb