millusions

10.13.2 issues on z97/4790k

30 posts in this topic

hey guys,

can someone help me tweak this Mac to perfection?  having erratic USB issues, some boots to black screen plus there's a few settings in Clover im not sure about.. sleep seems to be 99% working with some wake up issues - like a black screen...

it's MSI Gaming 7 z97 mobo, 4790k no overlcock, MSI 980ti with two 4k screens on DP and HDMI, installed on SSHD not SSD, OS was installed and updated on a real mac and then Clovered.

The funny thing about that is that when you boot it fresh before clover, all USB appear perfect and then i guess my configs happen, he he.  100 reboots later lol

ive had a few problems with Sandbox errors in previous OS versions, specifically 10.11.6 and those are like a mysterious black holes with no help to be found on google but carbon copy back and forth.  Having said that im running 10.13.2 hack with SIP on so any kexts necessary are loaded with Clover to try to have a stable machine.

if someone could have a look at my settings, i would really appreciate it

EFI.zip

Send me Athene.zip

Advertisement

hey,

thanks for taking a look  :D

rebooted, have a few more audio devices, HDMI and ALC1150 (i used USB sound card to make things easier), USB3 works, night shift showing, you're a genius ":_

please find attached ioreg

if you saw some big mistakes, please let me know, as i've got several hacks here

Athene.zip

hey mate,

it seems perfect, running very smooth, sleep and wake with sound :)

i'm grateful for your help - muito obrigado !! 

hey MaLd0n, teach me!

did you do Maciasl patches? it's running really well.

how do you get it to run so good?

i tried to copy your work and fix another hack, but not getting anywhere.

MaciASL spits out tons of errors no matter what DSDT i try - fresh one created with Clover - full of errors. wtf?  patches available are also scarce .

please :):)

so far i only learn what not to put in clover config :)

i create many hacks per month, i have many hardwares for tests, have a time, create and updates patches per chipset.

if u need , just upload ur tables and ioreg and tell what processor, chipset and GPU.

more than 10 years editing tables, I know what each chipset needs  :P

hey,

this machine is so smooth now. Love your work mate!  

i thought i knew what i was doing, but having some doubts now he he.

do you mind to take a look at this two? 

1. kropka. Lenovo M93P tiny form factor (Mac mini)

Intel Q87 chipset / Haswell i5 4570T 2.9GHz currently 10.11.6

Intel HD 4600 video - is ok

Audio: ALC283 - patchy, kept dropping out randomly so was replaced with USB sound.

Audio2: HDMI to TV - toleda HDMI-130 script way.

Ethernet: Intel L217M works without issues

WiFi - don’t know if it has, only used this with 10.11 and never really tried to get it going

USB2/3 - seems to work fine

i'm going to upgrade this machine to 10.13.2 in the next few days, if that makes any difference?

thanks in advance

2. Gemini . i7 hack

Asrock Intel H97 motherboard / 4790k - 10.13.1

Intel HD 4600 (high Sierra killed Nvidia GT 610 2GB)

Audio: ALC1150 dropping out randomly so was replaced with USB sound.

Audio 2: HDMI to TV

Ethernet : Intel 1218 working with no issues

Wifi: Tplink T8E working no issues

USB2/3 - is ok, works after a few reboots, ha ha

EFI kropka.zip

kropka ioreg.zip

Send me kropka.zip

EFI Gemini.zip

Gemini ioreg.zip

Send me Gemini.zip

hey,

please find attached IOreg for Asrock,

the other one is problem at the moment, it wont boot 10.13.2, its ok. imaging back to 10.11.6 it doesnt get used much is no problem.

Error is AppleMUController: Could not get SMCProvider, with new config and with old config - thus it's not config. i think.

thanks again for all your hard work :)

hey,

please find attached IOreg for Asrock,

the other one is problem at the moment, it wont boot 10.13.2, its ok. imaging back to 10.11.6 it doesnt get used much is no problem.

Error is AppleMUController: Could not get SMCProvider, with new config and with old config - thus it's not config. i think.

thanks again for all your hard work :)

u need use kexts only in one local, or in Clover/Kexts/Other or Library/Extensions or System/Library/Extensions

ok. sorry.

removed GenericUSBXHCI, FakePCIID_XHCIMux and FakePCIID from Library/Extenstions

/S/L/E looks ok

ioreg

looks good

work good?

hey.

seems to be running very smooth, speed stepping, usb3 and AppleALC and HDMI sound working on both, network, etc.

the only thing is the Asrock lost wake on bluetooth keyboard / usb mouse - have to press power button - any ideas how to fix?

and the lenovo, sleep is broken, screen goes black, sound pops off but machine stays on, can not access through network screen sharing

asrock ioreg.zip

lenovo ioreg 2.zip

hey.

seems to be running very smooth, speed stepping, usb3 and AppleALC and HDMI sound working on both, network, etc.

the only thing is the Asrock lost wake on bluetooth keyboard / usb mouse - have to press power button - any ideas how to fix?

and the lenovo, sleep is broken, screen goes black, sound pops off but machine stays on, can not access through network screen sharing

Asrock

DSDT.Wake Asrock.zip

Lenovo

try other smbios

i think iMac14,2 work good too

thanks. the asrock file works! much appreciated :) finally ALC1150 sound, it's much better than USB sound.. ive played around with this before but resetHDA never fixed it for me and got tired of reboots to get sound. (load unload kexts also didnt work).

lenovo - no change with imac 14.2 , screen goes off , machine stays on unable to wake etc, everything seems to work fine but sleep.

not sure, kexts look ok. config looks ok too there is one entry i havent seen before in boot flags -disablegfxfirmware ticked.

also, ive added appleALC and code commander kexts to it - it works with ALC283 but code commander reports errors on boot.

there is no wake reasons for today. will try the kext, thanks..

it's ok, this lenovo doesnt get used much, might be more trouble than it's worth..

but the Asrock is still having issue -  resume to black screen, replug HDMI doesnt fix, remote desktop reboot only

hey,

it doesnt have 3rd party. has 5 options in BIOS:

USB CONTROLLER : ENABLED

INTEL USB 3.0 MODE: ENABLED

LEGACY USB: ENABLED

LEGACY USB 3.0: ENABLED

USB COMPATIBILITY PATCH: DISABLED

it's difficult to say. because only use it for 1 day. the no signal on wake was always an issue, but not every time

i think maybe roll back to 10.11.6 and use Nvidia GT 610, or put a GT 760 4GB in and see how that goes

on the bright side, the z97 4790k 980ti machine is awesome now!

the USB sound card sounds {censored} comparing to ALC1150.

and USB 3 mounts in an instant :) 

both those things were painful, thanks for your help

yup. that guy is a genius.

this is the best / most stable hack ever . nothing to fix now :)

sorry MaLdOn, i know you dont like MP Smbios, but speed stepping seems to work better as MP 6.1 as 14.2 it was 4GHz all the time.

2eq3yis.jpg

Hi MaLd0n,

After reading what you did for millusions different machines that's amazing!

I have a z97/4790k system also, specifically an Asus Z97-A, and I'm having problems getting it up and fully running.  I've tried so many different things, but I'm not able to get the USB ports fully functional on it.  Could you take a look at it?

-Post your full Clover folder
-Send me tables
-Send me one Ioreg too

yup. that guy is a genius.

this is the best / most stable hack ever . nothing to fix now :)

sorry MaLdOn, i know you dont like MP Smbios, but speed stepping seems to work better as MP 6.1 as 14.2 it was 4GHz all the time.

2eq3yis.jpg

if stay at 4ghz is wrong, u need a variable frequencies, is a speedstep, in idlle 800mhz if u need go to 4ghz :D