Zsparrow0

[Guide] Dell XPS 15 9560 - High Sierra 10.13.2

39 posts in this topic

Hi Antomaug and welcome in the Hackintosh Scene lol.

I made this guide only for fresh install.

The direct upgrade is not possible from 10.12 to 10.13 because they made changes in the system files.

Let me know if you have any questions

can confirm: direct update is no problem at all. even with transition to APFS....

Advertisement

I new to hackintosh scene, sorry for the dumb question. Is this tutorial for upgrading a hackintosh to its latest version or to do a fresh install?

I upgraded from 10.12 to 10.13 and my only issues so far are being unable to update to 10.13.3 without a kernel panic and HDMI audio not working and sleep not working (it restarts the computer after a while)

Did you manage to solve this? I'm still on the fence and don't know to try this tutorial or not :)

Hey sorry about the late response I never got notifications about a reply. Yeah I have everything up and running now except for my headphone jack, I just updated the kexts that came in the efi download above because it might have had to do with the fact im installing 13.3 instead of 13.2? Oh well. working fine now.

Hi all, I'm fairly new to the Hackintosh scene and I'm still finding my bearings on how to make it all work out. 

I've been doing some reading specially Rehabman & KNNSpeed guides and been learning a bunch of new things! I've ended up checking out this guide - Major kudos to Zsparrow0 for putting it together.

I've been failing to get the installer to boot, I'm sure I'm missing something. I've followed the guide and I'm still stuck as acboop1000.

Hey sorry about the late response I never got notifications about a reply. Yeah I have everything up and running now except for my headphone jack, I just updated the kexts that came in the efi download above because it might have had to do with the fact im installing 13.3 instead of 13.2? Oh well. working fine now.

I'm wondering if 10.13.3 is the cause (the guide mentions 10.13.2), how were you able to solve this?

I've tried updating the kexts on the link you mentioned as well as updating apfs.efi but the installer boot still fails.

Is this guide incompatible with 13.3 installations or is there any files I'm missing? 
Is there any place I could download 13.2 from? Unfortunately, I can only get the most recent update from the appstore.

[DELL XPS 9560 - 4K - Samsung P981 512gb]

Cheers and thanks for the amazing work.

EDIT: Solved - Followed all the steps from scratch, this time with the 10.13.2 version, installer booted successfully.

I just wanna know if anybody can boot into 10.13.4 beta with graphic acceleration (with xps 9560 4k). I can with 10.13.3, not 10.13.4.

I managed to boot the installer and format the SSD through disk utility (APFS), set it to install then after the first reboot I select "boot macOS install from drive", it gets to the installation screen and then after a few minutes of no progress on the install, the laptop suddenly reboots.

When clover boots again I have a third boot option "boot from recovery". I've been going around this but couldn't yet install the OS.

I´ve tried:

- boot from the Preboot also but the same problem occurs,

- Boot from recovery - starts booting but reboots shortly after

- Format the SSD to Mac-OS Journaled, get a bit more progress on the install but still crashes the same way.

I'm now wondering what other options I could try, does anyone been through a similar scenario? Any ideas on how to get around it would be much appreciated.

[My disk : Samsung P981 512gb] 

I managed to boot the installer and format the SSD through disk utility (APFS), set it to install then after the first reboot I select "boot macOS install from drive", it gets to the installation screen and then after a few minutes of no progress on the install, the laptop suddenly reboots.

When clover boots again I have a third boot option "boot from recovery". I've been going around this but couldn't yet install the OS.

I´ve tried:

- boot from the Preboot also but the same problem occurs,

- Boot from recovery - starts booting but reboots shortly after

- Format the SSD to Mac-OS Journaled, get a bit more progress on the install but still crashes the same way.

I'm now wondering what other options I could try, does anyone been through a similar scenario? Any ideas on how to get around it would be much appreciated.

[My disk : Samsung P981 512gb] 

As said in the guide during the first installation screen your computer will reboot sudently you have to make sure to PRESS F12 to boot from your usb drive (As clover is not yet installed) and then you have to boot in PREBOOT mode. and the installation should continue for about 10 minutes.

If it reboot always make sur you press F12 and use Preboot or Boot from "" NEVER RECOVERY (during the installation process)

Let me know

I just wanna know if anybody can boot into 10.13.4 beta with graphic acceleration (with xps 9560 4k). I can with 10.13.3, not 10.13.4.

I did the update the crash as well, I don't know where it come from need to update the kext I think..

well got graphics working. AppleALC kext seems to freeze my whole system, so no sound in 10.13.4. I don''t know why, but it doesn't freeze when i remove it.

• Mount the EFI partition /MyVolume/EFI/ with Clover Configurator (See in the EFI Folder)

I didn't know how to perform this step, please help me, I am beginner in hackintosh world :) 

1 hour ago, faroukzeno said:
  • Mount the EFI partition /MyVolume/EFI/ with Clover Configurator (See in the EFI Folder)

I didn't know how to perform this step, please help me, I am beginner in hackintosh world :) 

then you should not perform an install on a notebook as your first step... you'll not be happy at all without such basic knowledge.

18 hours ago, faroukzeno said:

In Clover configuration on the right hand side towards the bottom there’s a bar that says “mount EFi” or something like that. In the table click the “mount partition” button for your hard drive (or USB if that’s what you’re trying to access).

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 9:21 PM, acdop1000 said:

Hey, I've had the same problem as that guy with that kernel panic as well.  Do you know what kexts i need to update for 10.13.4.  Thanks.

Hello everyone !

I tried to install mac os by folowing your step by step guide but I've never can boot to the installer…
I'm on a XPS 15 9560, BIOS updated to 1.9.4, Full HD screen, 512Go integrated Toshiba full SSD and the basic Killer wifi card.
For now, I have already an hackingtosh on my desktop computer so I have create the 16Go USB key with the command line and the High Sierra App. I've also copy your efi folder in the EFI partition of the key.I've configure the BIOS, and it boot up on the key. But When i'm on clover, I see just 7 Windows Partition of my SSD not the USB installer...
Someone have an idea ?

If I use other methode to create the usb key I can boot up on the key installer using clover but it stuck on the apple logo

IMG_20180608_203450.jpg